• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

Roller coaster wheels seem to break/fall off semi regularly. I guess it isn't considered to be a big issue.

Funny seeing the Crazy Train again, looks in much worse a state than it was in Aberdeen.

There's another 31 per car or whatever it is per train keeping it attached, so no worries. (/s)

I see the BBC are quote the 15 meters / 50 foot figure, does nobody look at the photo and say, "oh it's about three times the height of the guy standing at the foot of it, so about 20 foot max", or do they just pick an arbitrary figure out of thin air or copy-paste verbatim without using any common sense?

Literally the third result down when I googled "Crazy Train Gulliver's height" was the RCDB, which says 30.2 feet.

So when both common sense and Google can tell you the height, the author still got it wrong :oops:

I mean, yes, the media are exaggerating the height, but come on...

U_hxuzw-306XYH-ulbGZuRL-sowy6rHMvsaFM0Xk0l--ZS3G4usrQsAX2eEbLrCqLNXxFeWA14yMirY_FGgn9PL_K1vZdgukfr2MgzxZM7FDGK6o7pEPhnwIuqv6HfEKfBRaX8A3icEH0QsWjl1r1us1GHq2QScLCGXW22Ku4zk_MBZRAX8e0KTQhJCK_a69Uo3OEG75QK7Ks2dYQ3mWM9mluTAt8hJmLAmpF4d96VqG9bnuW50mYl6mn6Bth-fftj6nlIcQRdCQYibMjXGx3_JGcMN6SkgEODdJr8_LvRAwwkBss2HsEBKBsDCnYZOvmv6Sy_fLJinb_HfTzXJpkK3J8QhYPJhXHmI_-9LmR069zCqI20iXXhjBN9_0xyj40_QSbOz-KsqC8pAiFdWlQjaS0gjSDVGA6ZYSfFR2MKBi8Z--N0VnmE_ZfIWN3hnrre56-HXhbu02ZOuW9jxnPjdE7NdV8ZIsSwRDobH2Sk03laAgpdCvrjKFJawrVIX4CKk0VAddTDpIE2DIh2Icz6R6tqfYsqCUjMTCYTOBIv7J-jwu5iSoW4Y7Cc3svbxiHDvTU2lpZYwLuxhEvoN1wmYn2B6S5sOkLo7zrgBpLqFAP5ji7umsQGqTPKgFs2tEX6-Mu8EgHPQmFY__GuTLcCKuhSy8p2_XuwPRmldTaWDN6lSyZkcQYFC7gg=w523-h337-no

^ that's terrifying, and highly concerning.

Poor gullivers world getting the grief today. "Riders stuck on ride" on BBC news what about all the road traffic accidents on motorways today? Nothing mentioned? Loads happens in a day so what is the big deal about a stopped ride with no one harmed? Slow news day I guess.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Poor gullivers world getting the grief today. "Riders stuck on ride" on BBC news what about all the road traffic accidents on motorways today? Nothing mentioned? Loads happens in a day so what is the big deal about a stopped ride with no one harmed? Slow news day I guess.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Literally, look at that photo I posted above - it is a miracle no one died! This was not a standard stoppage at all, and Gullivers World deserve zero sympathy for the coverage of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the contuary, I'd say that because nobody was hurt, the park deserve a pat on the back rather than the grilling they are getting.

It does call into question their maintance schedule, and I don't know how quickly after that photo was taken but why the heck hasn't someone tied the right side of the carriage to the tracks, but given the alternative....

Least they had plenty of NHS staff on site,

It could of been perfectly maintained yet this is a complete breakdown of a part of something. We are all speculating when GW might not be at fault or the MT

Least they had plenty of NHS staff on site,

It could of been perfectly maintained yet this is a complete breakdown of a part of something. We are all speculating when GW might not be at fault or the MT
No.
One part breaking does not cause a coaster to derail.
Three wheels on each corner, one failing means two hold the car in place.

Is that the same rule legoland discovery centers have?

Not sure what that rule is Ian, but Gullivers don't allow adults without kids as far as I'm aware. Have wanted to try their little woodie for awhile, there's a small person I can take when he's abit older!

Had to wait at the entrance until my mates family collected me a few years ago .
Antelope wasn't worth the effort of getting in.

Not sure what that rule is Ian, but Gullivers don't allow adults without kids as far as I'm aware. Have wanted to try their little woodie for awhile, there's a small person I can take when he's abit older!

Yup that's the same rule.