• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

More issues like this is not what El Toro needs. Sounds like a strange one, an unexpected sudden jolt downwards!?

If five riders were injured one would assume there was an issue with one of the trains affecting a single car, or some track issue that for whatever reason only affected a single car, perhaps the rear.

I’ve heard this being referred to as a derailment, but it sounds more like a massive jolt directly after the Rolling Thunder hill. Apparently several riders reported pain from this jolt even though only 5 were injured enough to go to hospital.

It sounds a bit like the incident Son of Beast had in 2006 where the wood cracked in one of the ride’s main helixes and caused a bump in the track.

Last edited:
Balder whilst a few years older has remained closed this season for a lot of maintenance work and track/wood replacement. I'd say with this also being a pre fab the same needs to happen. This also runs a lot faster so probably has more wear and tear.

El Toro is massively intense, but it never felt "destructive" like some rides do.

From what I'm aware unlike Collossos and Balder El Toro has actually had a lot of the track restored over the years. The parks maintenance team treated it more like a traditional wooden coaster and retracked sections as necessary. By all accounts it sounds like this was the right thing to do. Until now the ride was aging better than its counterparts. But it is strange that the rides had so many major issues recently.

From Six Flags Great Adventure

An initial, careful review of the entire ride indicates the primary and back-up safety systems of the ride ensured the train completed its ride cycle safely.

Experts discovered a section of the ride sub-structure that requires repair. The ride will remain closed to complete the review and make necessary repairs.

Prior to re-opening, the ride will be inspected again, including evaluations by the state of NJ and an independent ride safety expert. Once approved by our engineers, maintenance, and operations professionals, the ride will re-open.

Brazil - a couple of children injured in yet another drop tower failure. What's going on with drop towers recently?! Sorry, link is Daily Mail. Includes video of incident.

My sister in law went to BPB a few weeks ago and swore that the harness released mid ride on Ice Blast. I said are you sure that wasn't just the air time moment at the top and she was pretty adamant she felt it go before getting to the top.

I said I hoped you reported it and she said she did.