• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rides & Landscaping?

AirFAN

TS Member
I've noticed I tend to be drawn to rides where the area around them has been landscaped well, either to suit the ride or vice versa. Oblivion and Nemesis' areas were obviously landscaped extensively, Air also to a degree. The newer rides less so.

Do you think rides like Rita would work better if the area it was built on was landscaped better? Do you think landscaping for such a ride would be unnecessary?

I would have liked them to have built an area in which the station and shop were all built in the same area (rather like Air), with perhaps a soundproofed glass wall in which the train flies past the shop at high speed.

Rita unlike most of the other rides at the Towers seems very temporary. Will we see extensive landscaping and the construction of 'proper' buildings in the future? (none of this container rubbish).

I would love Rita to have a proper station but not with the shop connected just some walls and a roof.

Poison Tom 96 said:
I would love Rita to have a proper station but not with the shop connected just some walls and a roof.

Something like this?

heide_park97_118.jpg

desert_race06.jpg

The most you can pray for from Merlin is them sticking a shipping container as a tunnel on the launch. The ride has been built and the GP won't and haven't openly complained about the station. So just like the Air tunnel, it'll be a task that enthusiasts want improved, but sadly, will never see the light of day.

And besides, if any coaster was to leave the park or become relocated any time soon [after Spinball probably], it would be Rita.

Rides & Landscaping?

I doubt Rita would leave any time soon. Despite its unpopularity with many enthusiasts, it's hugely popular with the GP. An incoherent theme, unoriginal placement and poor layout aside, it is good fun and people love it.

The 'mess' that is Rita was down to late Tussauds and therefore is not really anything to do with Merlin's planning... Th13teen could be argued to be landscaped very well - after all it had to be designed incredibly carefully and sensitively in order to go through the woods. It is also clear that SW7 will be landscaped well - with ground works taking place to cut into surrounding slopes as well as digging down to fit in the ride. Don't forget the large Wardley-esque plaza underneath the ride too!

I do enjoy a quick ride on Rita, it's good fun. yes its theme is all over the shop, the layout could be better, and the 'it will do there placement'. takes from the experience on the run up to riding, but once in the seat, I just want to launched for fun of the ride.

I would love her to have a decent make over, but i don't think DIY sos do theme park rides. but as just a ride it quite good.

I love rita, and I've never seen anyone come off it (as in GP) bieng disapointed. It may look a bit of a mess, but its a good, quick ride, which I think a theme park needs. Nothing too 'special' about it, just an ordinary ride, which does what it says

Rides & Landscaping?

^ LOL!

As for Rita, I live the launch but the rest of the ride is incredibly 'meh' for me... It bored me last time tbh!

thank you, CoasterCrazyChris for spotting my "carry on" line.
I wonder at times if there could of been a carry on rollercoasting ??

Generally rides with some good landscaping do benefit from it hugely. such as Nemesis, and to an extent Colossus at Thorpe too.

Im not really sure how landscaping would of improved the likes of Rita and Th13teen. with Rita in its current position landscaping wouldn't really add anything i don't think. with the possible exception of the turn after the first air time hill over Th13teens queue, but with said queue now being there this would be impossible.

i think to an extent Th13teen has some good landscaping, the whole backwards section is in a trench that was dug especially, to great effect if you ask me. it does feel like your deep underground as opposed to about 2 foot below the surface.