Rides that never were

Discussion in 'Talbot Street' started by DaveW, 10th Nov 2012.

1. LordOfDarkness

LordOfDarkness TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    And here's something else that enthusiasts will like to hear - ATA has learned that the ride's codename will be Secret Weapon 6, or SW6 for short. The Secret Weapon codenames are well known to fans of the park - Nemesis was SW3, Oblivion was SW4 and Air was SW5.

This does not automatically mean that the ride will be manufactured by Bolliger & Mabillard, as all of the others were. There are various rumours as to the type of ride it will be; one such rumour is that it will be a Gerstlauer Eurofighter, an example of which can be found at Oakwood in the form of their ride Speed. A ride of this type was originally planned to replace the Black Hole but that plan was shelved at the time.

From towersalmanac.com

Edit: Wait what, these plans were shelved? Does anyone suddenly think the plans we are seeing for SW7 are these spoken about 'shelved' plans?

2. EuroSatch

EuroSatch TowersStreet Member

Nope, I remember is was an awful and entirely implausible layout

3. Tim

Tim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Air / Blue Fire
    I believe this is the planning submission for that ride although I can't be sure. The location is stated as Abbey Wood (where Thirteen is) and the dates match up as the plan was withdrawn in 1989. Tussauds took over in 1990 and John Wardley said one of the first decisions he made was to cancel this project. Maybe by 1989 they were already preparing the owner transition? In which case this would have been one of the first decisions he made.

4. DaveW

DaveW TS Contributor