• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ripsaw to move to X Sector?

It isn't moving at the moment....
23ffc4e52b6259a2cee4e8d9a4827190.jpg

Surly the noise of Ripsaw would be no worse than Oblivion's loud drop and The Smiler's volume? Like Ripsaw would make the area louder, but I doubt it would push the volume in the area too high.

Ripsaw is seriously at risk of biting the bullet any time soon. I can't see it being relocated other than to the scrap heap.

They've identified it as ripe for removal and replacement in the long term plan, it will literally be any season now. Even next season would not be too expected.

I wouldn't be surprised if Merlin added a couple of flats next year.

The park needs a few decent and reliable flat rides. Nothing too fancy, but something with fairly decent throughputs and thrilling enough to draw the crowds. I'd love a huss Frisbee or something similar, but where would you put it?

Get a modern Top Spin. It's lasted ages, still draws a crowd, there's no real dynamic flats suitable that aren't tall and have the visual impact needed at Towers.

It's a win, don't they do a floor-less version now?

Alton have managed to avoid flat rides for the most part since Submission, and to be honest, I'd rather it continued that way. The park is far too popular in it's peak periods to accommodate them. It's difficult to push more than 500-600 an hour through on even those with the best capacity. And by the time their initial popularity, and long queues (plus Fastrack!) have dimmed, they don't have any of the long-lasting appeal as coasters, or even something like Hex.

Saying that, it would be a shame if Ripsaw was dead in it's own water and another filler attraction was unavailable. After all this time, though, surely a major dark ride or the long-awaited Flume replacement would be better suited to the profile of the park.

See, I'm not sure on all the fuss over suspended Top Spins. Its kinda like floorless coasters, pretty pointless, adding little to the ride experience. They also have half the riders facing the opposite way, meaning that they don't get splashed or really noticed by spectators.

If they can shut it up, then move it to X - Sector, otherwise. Ditch it!

Flats help absorb some of the guests that would otherwise go to the nearest coaster and clog that up. They aren't a replacement for roller coasters, just a compliment.

Flats help absorb some of the guests that would otherwise go to the nearest coaster and clog that up. They aren't a replacement for roller coasters, just a compliment.

I understand the purpose of flats in the majority of parks, but while they've had hits and misses with their recent additions, I sort of appreciate that Alton have managed to almost completely avoid them for over a decade and still keep people coming back.

See, I'm not sure on all the fuss over suspended Top Spins. Its kinda like floorless coasters, pretty pointless, adding little to the ride experience. They also have half the riders facing the opposite way, meaning that they don't get splashed or really noticed by spectators.

If they can shut it up, then move it to X - Sector, otherwise. Ditch it!

Talocan's ride cycle however is 100 times better than what Ripsaw/Ramses can even dream of doing without falling apart...

The trouble is, a Top Spin in X-Sector would probably be one of the most blandest looking ones ever... Which is probs why Merlin are looking at it...