• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rita launch cable snap!?!

*sigh* This is not good. I can see it now: The paths will be perminantly blocked off and no effort will be made to theme anything. Not even with shipping containers.

Either they'll just block it off and continue to force you through spend opportunities, or a cable tray will be fitted underneath the track.

Towers should get Intamin to pay!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I cant see them blocking it off for good, it would be alot of hassle, espeically when you have to walk under it near merg or in Thorpes case at the ride entrance and near the station. Would cost more paying someone to stand there all day holding people back when it launches.

Tom said:
Either they'll just block it off and continue to force you through spend opportunities, or a cable tray will be fitted underneath the track.

Can't really see your average theme park goer being attracted by the driving and 2p machines any more than you are when you exit Oblivion - ie. not at all.

There has been a walk way added which takes you under Rita's track the original area is still fenced off to the public

There was a photo floating around of it last night somewhere but I can't remember where now. It looks like an ivy covered passageway. It didn't look great to be honest, may just be temporary until offseason when they can do something a little more permanent perhaps?

Photo from Alton Towers Guide on Facebook:

409658_443646625666521_972330742_n.jpg

Looking at the fencing in the background towards Thirteen, it looks like the route goes through that tunnel and into what used to be the Rita fastrack queue entrance and then into the usual pathway.

The HSE may have issued an improvement notice, which orders them to make the area underneath the launch track safe. If so, hopefully they will spend more money making it better, certainly going into next year.

Look on the bright-side, at least it matches Th13teen's scaffolding! :-\

The area is already perceived as a construction site by our average Joe - so I guess they might as well go along with that!

Just seen this on the Thorpe website:

STEALTH is currently unavailable... it'll be back in all its awesomeness soon!

No idea if its connected to the Rita cable snap, but they could be making changes to the ride/area like they have done at Towers.

djtruefitt said:
Just seen this on the Thorpe website:

STEALTH is currently unavailable... it'll be back in all its awesomeness soon!

No idea if its connected to the Rita cable snap, but they could be making changes to the ride/area like they have done at Towers.

Apparently, the people over TPM are saying that Stealth is getting a cable change, but still not sure if it's linked to RITA or it's just due for a cable change.

Given the nature of the technology and previous incidents involving this model of ride, you have to wonder if this change was ever considered prior to this particular incident.

Really not surprised that Rita has been taken of ERT with thirteen taking its place probally sensible for towers to take it off after the incident

Maintenance were walking around Rita with packages which said 'debris nets' yesterday.

They appeared to be similar to those already around the area, but looked a lot stronger than the nets already in place.

Would it be possible to put a net under the launch to catch the cable in case it falls?
Surely the net couldn't hold this!

Longy said:
Maintenance were walking around Rita with packages which said 'debris nets' yesterday.

They appeared to be similar to those already around the area, but looked a lot stronger than the nets already in place.

Would it be possible to put a net under the launch to catch the cable in case it falls?
Surely the net couldn't hold this!
I've been thinking about this today surely they need metal meshing underneath the cable I belive it's got to be a farly big cable