• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Robin Hood Attraction

LiamC

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Hex
Robin Hood Site

Nottinghamshire County Council is seeking to build a £13 million visitor attraction called Discover Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest, complete with medieval castle and fortified ramparts. If the plans are approved, the 40-acre attraction would open in spring 2015.

Thought I would post this as it's local to me. In my opinion this has been needed for a long, long time! The visitors centre as it stands is very dated and has needed a boost for a while now, if the plans get apporoved and they pull it off to look like the drawings seen there then this could be a fantastic little place.

LiamC said:
Robin Hood Site

Nottinghamshire County Council is seeking to build a £13 million visitor attraction called Discover Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest, complete with medieval castle and fortified ramparts. If the plans are approved, the 40-acre attraction would open in spring 2015.

Thought I would post this as it's local to me. In my opinion this has been needed for a long, long time! The visitors centre as it stands is very dated and has needed a boost for a while now, if the plans get apporoved and they pull it off to look like the drawings seen there then this could be a fantastic little place.

Got any links to the plans/drawings? :)

Anything that celebrates a proto-Marxist who believed in taking from the rich and giving to the poor is worth doing. :)

The Psychoaster said:
LiamC said:
Robin Hood Site

Only the drawing in the article I've linked im afraid. When I'm home from work I'll have a look on the N&SDC planning site and see if I can dig some out.

LiamC said:
The Psychoaster said:
LiamC said:
Robin Hood Site

Only the drawing in the article I've linked im afraid. When I'm home from work I'll have a look on the N&SDC planning site and see if I can dig some out.

Still looks quite impressive from that one picture. What I hope they don't do it compromise on quality in pursuit of quantity - I'd rather a smaller park that is more impressively themed and immersive than a huge park built to a relatively restrictive budget.

I'm rather glad Nottinghamshire County Council are looking at a Robin Hood attraction again after the Tales of Robin Hood and the World of Robin Hood both closed down. It is a big revenue earner for the local area and we should enbrace it more.