• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Restaurant: General Discussion

I think its the size that worries me. I agree that its out the way, but if you have seen food loop at EP, it nearly always has a queue. Unless this can get even better capacity/throughput, it will turn into a disaster with queues spilling out all over that area!

One thing I hope they do is to get rid of refresh at Ripsaw's extended outside eating area and reinstate the air paving sign.

An even better capacity/throughout seems out of the question. FoodLoop looks considerably larger and that's with German efficiency running the place.

Looking at the floor space the venue will have, it will probably hold a few tables more than the ground floor of EP's food loop. I don't think german efficiency comes into it as other than the cooking, there is very little staff involvement in moving you along.

On top of this food loop at EP is smack bang in the middle of the park, this is right out on the edge so that might help.

But at the end of the day all of Towers sit down food venues get queues at lunch so this will too. But that's no reason not to want to offer more venues and on top of that more venues with a unique edge.

Considering SW8 will be right next door in 2017, I wouldn't consider this to be particularly out of the way. That area is going to be the busiest by far in the park at that point with three coasters next to it.

Considering SW8 will be right next door in 2017, I wouldn't consider this to be particularly out of the way. That area is going to be the busiest by far in the park at that point with three coasters next to it.

That will have an impact but it still benefits from not having a huge flow past the venue, which should help a bit with demand. At the end of the day though this will have queues and be popular.

I was looking a the plans on the main pages, and can not see what is going to happen to disable ride access path.

It will be interesting to see how they go about building this..

Will it all happen during closed season? Or could we see the air shop close earlier this season and people exit out near the photo kiosk. Or maybe it will start in closed season but air will stay closed for Deb half term and maybe the start of the season.

I can't imagine they would need to close the building during the season surely. I know there's quite a bit of work to do although it seems like a fairly straight forward project that shouldn't take more than 4-5 months to complete.

I strongly doubt Air's shop will close mid season considering how many things are already closed.

I reckon they'll begin the construction in November when the closed season begins and will open either for opening weekend or February half term as a preview.

Considering they need forbidden valley for the lineup since Dark forest and X sector are likely to be closed (big emphasis on X sector) if it isn't ready then, there will probably be a temporary exit for Air.

I think they will run a two work areas at the same time.
1) the air shop, strip out and refit for new use
2) ground works, building and fitting out of the new building areas.

This will mean that the internal works on the current air shop area can start at the same time as the extensions are being build.

Menu
Quite a bit higher quality than I was expecting it to be! This is just a sample menu, but it looks pretty decent. No word on prices yet, though, which I guess will be the main selling point for quite a few people.