• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Restaurant: General Discussion

I know air shop is big, but with all the lifts and the large tables, will there be enough room for this? I can see it only having 4-6 tables and we all know how much of a queue EPs can get. I still think this would have worked better in a custom built restaurant somewhere.

I personally think that is just what the park needs.

This is just another added thing to make the park stand out in the minds of those who visit. I would imagine 99% of the park guests have never experienced one of these and it'll get people talking.

I like the concept of the food loop in Europa, just wasn't a big fan of the food. If they get the menu right, it's a potential cash cow for them...

Dare I say it, but something magical too?!?

I guess the ideal location would have been the large Burger Kitchen up on Cred Street.
I'm not sure that building has the height required for a Rollercoaster Restaurant.

In terms of current buildings on park, the Air Shop is the most suitable location for this. It is tall and airy, and once the shop has been gutted there will be more space that you may otherwise think. With good planning of the interior layout there should be half decent capacity. From taking a look on Google Maps, the space size of Air's shop is not the dissimilar to the size of the are FoodLoop in EP's Historama building. You obviously won't get the upper level seating but I'd imagine the capacity will be similar to that of FoodLoop's lowe level.

:)

True, I hadn't really thought of the height aspect. Yes your right in that the Air shop has the height. Where can we view the detailed plans anyway? I've only been able to find the outside drawing...

True, I hadn't really thought of the height aspect. Yes your right in that the Air shop has the height. Where can we view the detailed plans anyway? I've only been able to find the outside drawing...
Have a look at the documents on this page.

Proposed floor plans shows interior plans, although nothing in regards to how the restaurant will be set out.

:)

My main fear where space is concerned is that they'll turn it into a "premium" eatery and out price the experience to keep numbers down. The FoodLoop system obviously isn't designed to serve the masses but it should at least have the capacity of Woodcutters.

Its an interesting idea. In one way I feel it would be really good to get a decent quality restaurant in the park but as @Kelpie mentioned I don't see the point with the short opening hours that AT have. I don't think I would take at least an hour out of my day to visit a sit down restaurant. I might if I was visiting for two or three days but I have not done that for a lot of years.

I enjoyed foodloop and would love to see some open in other places but I think this really needs to be able to be accessed outside of park hours for hotel guests.

Everyone who's saying the park isn't open long enough...

Why would this restaurant take any longer to eat at than Pizza & Pasta, Woodcutters or Towers St Bar & Grill?

Aside from the obvious possibilities of queues to get in - is there an obvious reason I'm missing?

Because people will sit there for hours ordering one packet of ketchup at a time just to see something come down the track.

Because people will sit there for hours ordering one packet of ketchup at a time just to see something come down the track.
Which may cause queues - but people keep talking as though the park isn't open long enough to sit down and eat in a restaurant. All I'm saying is that surely it won't physically take much longer than normal to eat in there?

People are talking as though it's fine dining!

The Air shop has more than enough height for 2 floors inside, although the upper one won't be able to cover the same amount of space.

I just hate the look of that bit they've stuck on the terrace. It looks ridiculously awkward like it shouldn't be there at all.

To be fair though, that side of the park does need a restaurant. Woodcutters gets packed out, as does Pizza Paster Thinga-Ma-Bob. If SW8 has it's station in FV, I think facilities in that area are going to be stretched.

The idea is great, I'm not a fan of them using air shop though. Its kinda in the wrong place and I'm still sure it won't be big enough, but I have been proven wrong once already this month so....

Everyone who's saying the park isn't open long enough...

Why would this restaurant take any longer to eat at than Pizza & Pasta, Woodcutters or Towers St Bar & Grill?

Aside from the obvious possibilities of queues to get in - is there an obvious reason I'm missing?
I only ever have something quick, normally from KFC (when it was still there) Not a sit down place.

It would be nice if this could one day tie in with a second entrance/entertainments area on the Air car park, then open up that end of the park for evening ride time and this restaurant for hotel guests. I'm probably thinking of far in the future or lala land though.

It's disappointing to see no glass being used for the wall of the extension facing the view from the current terrace. You can really admire the landscaping from that angle. Would have been wiser to have had that area being a part of the restaurant and having a glass wall overlooking the ride area, adding something extra to what will already be a unique dining experience.

Other than that I'm pretty excited for this. It looks like they aren't going to ruin the buildings architecture *touch wood*, it will be very unique for the UK and it should be of a fairly good size. I would have preferred to have seen a new building rather than the lazy approach of using an existing one, although it does look like some thought has been put into it and the restaurant could sit rather nicely around there.

Glad someone else mentioned the lack of windows. Even though the extension will be built from the same materials it doesn't seem to match the same design of windows and columns, just plain walls. This could make it look out of place and blocks the view of Air from the building.

You could say I hope the building still feels light and Airey...

I'll show myself out :p

I don't understand why people are saying this is in the wrong place, for its me its the right place for this kind of thing, its in a busy area. Its not in the way of anything. Its next to a under rated ride in my opinion, and if the park is ready to start building a new ride/attraction, its already their for when that happens.