• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Restaurant: General Discussion

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but on the website image of the restaurant, one of the pictures on the wall in the appears to be a black hole logo...

Black hole 2 then :p?

As someone has mentioned, its a fair walk from the hotels to the restaurant and that would not be pleasant if it was persisting it down. Even if they let you out of the gates next to Airs first drop, you still have to walk through a car park and past the golf to get to the hotels. Logistically this opens up a can of worms though doesn't it? Say you are a hotel guest and book a table for 9pm, you have a walk across a deserted car park and there would have to be someone stationed at the gates to let you though the maintenance area... Hhhmmm....

I assume they will open the backstage gates next to Air and clear up the staff break portacabins that are down there. The walk through the car park from Extraordinary golf is long but not too bad to Splash. Better to stay in the park, eat and then head back to the hotel after dinner.

A burger at Secret Garden is £12.95 and Crooked Spoon is £11.95, so I expect similar pricing at Rollercoaster restaurant. The dinner menu looks more varied than Secret Garden with curry and similar available at RCR. Should be a good addition and something different. Hopefully lunch pricing will be a little cheaper, closer to the prices at Towers Street and Woodcutters grills.

While I welcome this restaurant, it does make me wonder if they haven't thought through certain things?

For example, I can book a table on Tuesday the 17th May at 11am. The park is closed that day. Does this mean the restaurant is open on park closed days or is this a mistake?

Its letting me book a table for 2pm on the 21st of May. If I was booking it and didn't have a park entry ticket or annual pass, would they allow me in? There is nothing on the terms and conditions of booking that I need a park entry ticket.

So just two examples of maybe being a bit premature in allowing people to book.

On the basis that it'll be open for hotel guests it's not too far-fetched to think that they've planned out a sensible way to allow access when the park is shut.

The booking is currently only open until 3rd July. I'll try again in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know the usual park closing time in the summer season? Thanks.

I think the menu is pretty varied to be fair, given the limitations they are operating within... i.e. the transport system! Which in turn will be interesting, because looking at the size of the portions in the promotional video, they look small! Which I doubt the prices will be!

As for the opening until 10pm - this will also be interesting. They will have to have some way of securing that area to prevent people wandering into other parts of FV in the night. And, as others have said, a means to get across there, particularly in bad weather. I'm wondering if they will operate a golf buggy system to shuttle guests back and forth.... then again..... they are reserved for the VIP guests, so maybe not.

Its a fair walk across from the hotels, in particular EV to where Air is, and when the park is open later in the evenings, walking through that car park with kids isnt the safest of options.

Personally, I think they should expand on the Treetop Quest theme and install a zip wire from the roof of one of the hotels, across to the restaurant, and vice versa :)

The 2016 resort brochure now on the website (see one of the top tabs on altontowers.com) has a resort map with a label 'walkway to Rollercoaster Restaurant' or something similar. So it looks like it will be a path of some kind, possibly through current backstage as mentioned before?

In the map in the 2016 Accomidation brochure it says 'roller coaster restaurant route' and it looks like it is a path beside the golf.

plm8CWV.jpg

By the sounds of the brochure it could possibly utilise the Woodland Walk in some way?

"The new restaurant will also offer a premium evening menu, for those guests staying over at the Resort or nearby. Accessible via a walkway running from the Hotels to the heart of the Theme Park, the restaurant is ideal for thrill seeking guests and families who are looking to extend their experience once the rides have closed."