• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Just posted this over on Shyguy's World

I'm not defending this game but I have noticed something interesting which might explain why the game looks so awful. The trailer was very clearly rushed. The park it takes place in has not been thought out (unlike the previous pictures). Rides and shops have been plopped down randomly, scenery is kind of just there and the the lack of banking on the coasters shows no effort (I seriously doubt you can't bank, even RCT4 Mobile could do that).

In short it looks a lot like a park one of my friends make after 5 minutes of mucking about.
If time and effort had gone into making the park and the graphics been set up correctly (half the shots have shadows, half don't) this might have looked half decent.

Of course the fact they haven't done this makes me very worried!

So Area 52 have now buggered off, and the game is in the hands of a third developer. Moreover, Atari aren't revealing the name of this studio as they don't want it to be bombarded with emails and calls...

A nice little touch, op cabins will be featured in the game:

ControlBooth_008-1100x619.png

ControlBooth_002-1100x619.png

Still not a fan of the traffic lights which appear in RCT3 as well. I don't know why, they just seem a bit unecessary and ruin a station atmosphere, especially if the station is inside/of a dark ride. Now there's the op cabin, couldn't there be a panel with some red/green lights instead?

I've lost track of how many new RCT games are "coming soon". I'll pay attention if one of them actually happens.

Atari have revealed their latest developer for the game after keeping them a secret since the sudden disappearance of Area 52.

Nvizzio Creations are now overseeing the project and have begun massive overhauls, leading to this:

(647,center)

Curved paths are now officially part of the base game :)

Not been set yet, it will likely be late 2015 or start of 2016. Custom content will now be included at launch rather than added on at a latter date as they previously announced.

A new blog post has been published with some additional details and two new screenshots:

The team is back from Gamescom and we are busier than ever so it’s time for a quick recap of recent events! As many of you have seen, press is being published from our interviews at the show and we are happy to see everyone enjoyed the game as much as we do. It was fun to see how excited the media were when they first saw the coaster builder or when we zoomed in some of our flat rides, showing the great attention to detail that is being given to each ride. What was also very clear was how much everyone loves the franchise and how RCTW invoked those same feelings they had playing the game many years ago – exactly what we had hoped would happen.

At the same time we invited the press to join us at PAX Prime in Seattle where we will be showing even more of the game! These giant steps forward in production are possible due to the extremely hard working team at Nvizzio. Everyone is in overdrive and the game is really coming together. And to reassure you of the game’s visual quality, here are two new screenshots taken today on a powerhouse computer with a high-end graphics card at 4K resolution. No doctoring!

ss_9b9336fb3381d9eb11833f6c4a5511b77bb23d37.1920x1080.jpg

WoodStation-External.png

With all of the Gamescom announcements we made to press, it meant that it was also time to update the official RCT Website and Steam page. Some fans noticed that this was done last night and indeed there is a new fact sheet of features that comes with; I am providing that feature list below.

Please additionally note that indeed multiplayer is not listed. This will be released as a free update post-launch due to our focus on creating a robust set of UGC tools for release – which promises to be awesome.

FEATURES

Powerful Building Tools:

• Freeform Object Placement: Control and place every single in-game object anywhere on the map at any angle. For our more casual users we are also providing ‘snap-to’ and ‘brush’ placement functionality to make this enhancement easy to use.
  • Curved Paths: Select your unique type of path from a variety of widths, styles, and shapes. You can make them straight or, for the first time in the franchise, curve them at almost any angle!
  • Innovative 3D Track Editor: Create the coolest and wildest coasters imaginable with our best track editor ever! For the first time, using our spline based editor, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D allowing you to create any shape you can dream up.
  • Fully Deformable Terrain and Water: Build amazing rides and change your park’s landscape in full 3D with completely deformable terrain and water.
  • Expansive Selection of In-Game Objects: Entertain your park guests with many different types of coasters and rides all in eye-popping next generation resolution. Choose from pre-made rides and coasters to scenery and shops.

Expansive Customization Support:

• UGC Tools: For the first time, you will be able to create your own scenery, peeps and more in any 3D editing program that works with Unity and import it into the game for everyone to use!
    • Multiple Maps and Themes: Choose from different environments and theme options to make each map unique.
Fully Realized Next-Generation Simulation:

• Detailed Park Management Tools: Run a successful theme park with the beautifully crafted User Interface that provides easy access to all of your park management tools. From park finances to the thoughts of your guests, everything is at your fingertips including new features – heat maps and tips.
    • Multiple Game Modes: Play the way you want in Sandbox mode, or complete varying challenges and quests in Scenario and Campaign modes.
    • Responsive Environments + Guests: Create themed zones in your park! Placing different themed rides and objects will affect not only ratings but increase its attractiveness to certain peeps.
    • Advanced Physics Calculations: The coasters in RCTW use a more complex physics simulation than any previous game in the franchise. This allows for amazing designs and a lifelike riding experience. Build a coaster that stays perfectly on its tracks or teeters on the brink of disaster; just be careful or your coaster may jump the rails!
    • Ride Every Coaster: Hop into the front seat of a coaster and ride what you made yourself!
    • Innovative Services: Manage your park’s medical, janitorial, entertainment and mechanical needs with the re-designed, simple-yet-powerful services system.
Native Sharing and Social Features:

• Social Media Integration: Share all your cool creations and designs with your friends straight from within the game!
    • Freeform Cameras: Take a video at any angle; edit your park above, below, or next to a ride. Prefer an isometric view? We have that too!
    • Friend’s Lists and Stat Comparisons: See what your Steam and Social friends are up to in their games from within yours! It’s easy to see someone’s latest coaster or when they last edited their park.
    • Visit a Friend: Check out a friend’s park with a simple click! Chat with them and give them suggestions on what to do next while you’re there.
    • Native Steam Workshop Support: Native Steam Workshop support is built right in the game! The interface has been simplified and centralized to make it easy for anyone from casual to hardcore to use. Custom scenery, blueprinted coasters, parks and more can be easily and seamlessly shared from within the game. UGC has been designed to be accessible and easy to use for everyone.
With the show now over, our attention has shifted entirely to PAX. As soon as we can we will update everyone via a blog on what to expect. We appreciate your support and thanks again to all of the press who wrote the great previews of the game from Gamescom!

Until next time,
“Mattlab”
Executive Producer of RCTW
Atari

Finally people have been able to take images of how RCTW looks ingame during their brief stint with it at PAX:

CNhyWHIUsAAzn07.jpg

CNh22N2UcAAmSy9.jpg

CNh22OAUEAEbPb-.jpg

CNh22N1VAAEVo5g.jpg

There's also a Facebook video here that demonstrates a coaster in action.

Considering all of these images will have been knocked up in around the 10 minutes that users had with the game, it looks a hell of a lot better than the game we were shown earlier this year!

I've lost all interest in this since seeing the website of Planet Coaster (Frontiers new game).

That looks like the true successor to RCT3 and hasn't been bounced between studio to studio.

It appears that all the efforts of the previous developers have been washed away though and there's actually a somewhat decent game emerging now.

I'll remain open minded and give them both a try :)

Oh so will I (despite a natural bias to my local developer ;) ).

I will say the recent playable version does look a lot more promising... but it still looks very bare bones for a game that was already due to be out by now. Of course we know even less about Planet Coaster but its very early on and so far the polish looks great.

Of course Parkitect is where it's at for now :)