• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoasters you share a birthday with

I've not checked but I think it's unlikely anyone would choose to unveil a new coaster in mid-August!

I do however share my birthday with National Rollercoaster Day (16th Aug). Clearly meant to be!

For me:

Acrobat, a Manta clone in Japan
Mine Train, an E&F Miler mine train
Steel Lasso, a Vekoma SFC 294m. I have done the only other of the type, Jimmy Neutron at Movie Park DE
Shred The Sewers, an Intamin launch coaster in Moscow

Formerly shared one with Stingray, a Vekoma flying coaster in Japan but that went in 2018
Silver Bullet opened in its present location but it originally was travelling.

Last edited:
I was born on 31st July.

According to Coasterpedia, I share a birthday with:
  • Zombie Ride at Bosque Mágico
  • Brontojet at Movieland Park
  • Familieachtbaan at BillyBird Park Hemelrijk
  • Miner Mike at iT’Z Family Food & Fun
Most notably, though, Wildcat at Hersheypark closed on my birthday.

Sadly, none of these events happened on 31st July 2003, the exact day I was born.

I hate to be mr moody here, but should we be sharing such personal information as birth dates on a public forum?
I will only admit to being the same age as After Eights...and that is too much information.

I hate to be mr moody here, but should we be sharing such personal information as birth dates on a public forum?
I will only admit to being the same age as After Eights...and that is too much information.
In many cases, it’s on our profile (it’s on mine, anyway). So the information is already out there in many cases.

"The Switchback Railway, America's first purpose-built roller coaster, opened at Coney Island in New York City. Having opened on 16 June 1884," I guess I share my birthday with America's first roller coaster it was the only one I could find :c (it no longer exists)