• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Saturday 13th/14th October - Scarefest Preview

Good to hear! I'm guessing The Sanctuary was the best maze? Not heard many good things regarding CoS....

We didn't get to do Carnival last night as we were told the final scene wasn't finished so we were advised to do Terror of the Towers first. So I won't have done this years Carnival until Sunday.

Thanks to a lift from EuroSatch, I'm now attending tomorrow!

Let's see what all the fuss is about! :p

Well, thanks to some lovely and welcome unforeseen circumstances, I shall now be there for tomorrow (Saturday 13th) I can't bloody wait! #TheDoctorWillSeeYouNow #GetCorrected <3

Looking forward to seeing you guys again this weekend, with the added bonus of the Scare mazes. :) Bring on the Sanctuary, can't wait!

All being well myself and Russell will be at Splash for 9.45, that's the plan I think anyway! I can't wait, really excited for Scarefest this year! It's going to seem very strange not dressing up tomorrow though after the last 3 years of doing it on the first Saturday!

:)

What time will you all be joining the ToTT queue? I'm assuming a while before it opens at 1PM as usual!

Can't wait to get on Park and see you all tomorrow! I will be there for about 9.30am, so I'll try and meet you all nice and early. :)

Really looking forward to it!

EDIT - Just booked my maze tickets for 14.30-15.00 so any one is welcome to join me to do the mazes at this time!

Trip Report
(for my park review see the Scarefest topic)

Left my house at 8am (after half an hour of explaining percentages and fractions to my boy with his homework) and picked up SamB who amazingly was awake and ready to go!

Got to Towers for 9:30ish, alot of members went straight onto park for breakfast, I hung around in the hotels joining another member for an appointment at 10am.

Got onto park about 10:30 tried to watch abut of the trick or treat show but it was too quiet and ended up chatting with some other members, its been a while since Id been on a meet so lots of hugs and handshakes to go around, and a face to face hello with my fellow team members (we were only missing 1 team member!).

Over the day I got in a pretty good ride count for a meet (roughly):
Nemesis x 2 (one dark ride)
Oblivion
Enterprise
Hex
Duel
RMT (dark)
Rapids x 2 (1 dark)
Sub Terra
ToTT
CoS
Sanctuary
Zombies

Really enjoyed catching up with close friends, seeing some TS regulars and also a couple of new people, I think we had 25 people which for an unofficial meet is really impressive! Im hoping for an even better turn out on our official meet next week (tho sadly I wont be making it).

The day was relaxed, managed to stop and sit down at both lunch and dinner. Including winning at the chicken co, free lunch!

It was great day, lots of laughter, and despite not getting in until half eleven (15 and a half hour day!) I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Managed 2 beers and then passed out in bed. Thank you to everyone in attendance for a great day.

Highlights
The number of members there
Sub Terra being really really good
Sanctuary
Sea-Shantys on Rapids in the dark
Chanting on RMT (with other people joining in - ha!)
Winning lunch in the chicken co
Sam Gregory burning his hand in the toilets, its a health and safety hazard! (sorry sam)
Distinguished gay gentlemen's dinner in Woodcutters
The lady falling over in shock on Terrys exit lift!

lowlights
Zombies
Circus
lack of atmosphere in the park
The long drive home, next year Im staying over somewhere!

Really enjoyed this meet. Bring on next weekend!

Short summaries of what I thought of the Preview Weekend can be found in the Scarefest 2012 topic. :)

Really enjoyed this weekend it's been great going through the mazes had some brilliant goes through, looking forward to next weekend :)

It really was a fantastic weekend! Considering this was my first time attending the Scarefest event, it really was great and was lovely seeing you guys again, and really looking forward to next weekend.

I have to say, I'm very glad I purchased a Freedom Pass because it really does show that each run through of the mazes are different, some being rubbish while others were brilliant. Bring on next weekend! :)

What a weekend! Once again the mazes at Towers are leagues ahead of those at Thorpe, just a shame the park lighting seems to have taken a step backwards.

Five laps on RMT at 8:45 in the rain was certainly an experience...

Yeah park lighting is shockingly bad. Saying that (and I know this is going to cause problems), but I have a feeling they might have not installed all the lighting knowing that we had visitors on park over the weekend.

See my review in the Scarefest topic for, well, my review.

Had a lovely time on saturday. Sorry if I seemed grouchy to anyone, or off. I was suffering greatly from the manflu :( Was great to see everyone, and always great to spend time with some lovely people who dont get to meetups very often

Amazing weekend! The best Mini Meet ever! Felt like an official meet!

Superb!

:D