• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini Meet Scandisosche 2016: 6th July - 11th July

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
It's been bubbling in a few of our minds for a while now, particularly with Wildfire opening at Kolmården at some point this Summer (reportedly June), therefore this trip has been planned on that basis.

The trip will open with a visit to Tusenfryd in Norway, before spending the rest of the trip in Sweden.

Other parks on the trip include Liseberg, with its brand new ride AeroSpin (and of course, another opportunity for individuals who are yet to ride Helix to do so).

Arguably the main intention of the trip is of course the visit to Kolmården to experience Wildfire, the monstrous looking RMC that is set to become the fastest woodie in Europe, as well as second tallest in the world.

Sweden's oldest amusement park in the form of Gröna Lund is also on the cards to conclude the trip, with a chance to explore Stockholm before the voyage home.

At present, timings, hotels and one or two parks are still yet to be confirmed, but the rough plan is as follows:

Wednesday 6th July - Monday 11th July

July 6th - Evening flight to Oslo, before staying in a nearby hotel.

July 7th - Visit to Tusenfryd (entry £24.99pp), before travelling to Gothenburg in the evening on public transport. Accommodation for the evening is unlikely to be in Gothia Towers due to the £66pp rate at present.

July 8th - Collect hire car before visiting Liseberg. (free entry with EP pass + £5.14 for Gasten Ghost Hotel ticket, or £42.86pp without). Drive halfway to Koldmarden (1.5 hours) in the evening.

July 9th - Drive to Kolmarden (1.5 hours), (entry £34.20pp) before continuing to Stockholm, where the next two evenings will be spent.

July 10th - Drive to Gröna Lund (entry £33.34pp for "Small Green Package" if booked online), before spending the final evening in Stockholm.

July 11th - Return flight from Stockholm.

As hotels are still yet to be set in concrete, we have thus far selected a few based on practicality to give a predicted price bracket. Pricing is as follows:

Hire Car

£50.15pp (9% cashback through Quidco per car) from Europcar based on 5 sharing.

Fuel

Approximately £23.82 per car (from Gothenburg onwards) = £5.96pp

Total

£368.65pp
excluding spending money.

Despite the International Meet taking place the following month, this might be an ideal alternative to anyone who is unable to attend or simply wants to tick Wildfire and Helix off the credit count. (With that said, I'm intending to do both meets).

Any further queries should be thrown in the direction of @BigAl. We're aiming to have bookings made within the next two weeks.

Interested:

BigAl
Danny
Martin
Balsdon
Josh T
Alastair
DaveP
Vicky
Elly
Ted
John
Cheese
Rowe

Last edited:
I'm really to tempted to do this trip, so you can put me down as interested. Hopefully I can go! :)

One of these parks is already a firm favourite of mine, and I've been interested in two of the others for ages. Stick me on the list too please.

Please add me to the list too! I'd like to see what all the fuss is about with Mr Lee S. Berg ;)

I just got back from Oslo last night and saw Tusenfryd from the road. I was disappointed we couldn't go as it was off season, so this gives me the perfect excuse to head back and experience Liseberg. Count me in and possibly a +1. Thanks

Only just seen this. Unfortunately though I am unable to take time off work so will look at this trip for another point perhaps the following year.

Also this is very close to the Intl meet!

:)

I've already booked 6th-12th of July as I'm planning to work again at Silverstone for the British Grandprix. I'll be up for this if I'm not working but I won't know until nearer the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on this? and places? the Only issue is i don't drive, is the idea to split costs of hire cars and share?

thanks