• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scare Mongering.

Jables

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Stormforce 10
So next Saturday my friend says he's finally going to go on Oblivion. And I want to make him as nervous as possible. Can anyone think of believe able stories I can tell him to make him even more scared?

My advice is, if you want to be really cruel:

Appease all their concerns, tell them it is nothing at all, just a coaster (but with a hint of shifty).

Then, when they get on the ride, just as you leave the station turn and face them and say...

"I'm sorry".

If they say "what for?" - just say.

"I'm sorry". Look very nervous, grip your harness tight, shuffle around uncomfortably and then say something like.

"I don't like this ride really, it's too much, I only go on it to look brave" or something like that.

Then mutter things like "I can't believe I am on this thing again - why do I do it" - etc...

Act really nervous, imagine something that really frightens you, and channel that into your focus as you talk to them - this is THE best time to play on fear and apprehension, and really twist them up. Don't go OTT fake, but keep focus in your mind, your goal is to scare the crap out of them.

"Wow, doesn't that new record breaking coaster look tiny compared to this!" Will also not do any harm.

You lot want to be thankful I didn't design the psychology behind SW7... that's me playing nice ;)

Ultimately the best time to play on the fear and apprehension is when it is naturally heightened by the brain chemicals - that will ultimately heighten the adrenal rush by increasing the fear based hormone epinephrene.

Alternatively, be nice, and let them enjoy it in their own way lol!! Saying nowt about it can be as interesting, so they get to feel and interpret the rides message in their own way.

Should I have posted that lol?

*Thumbs up* ;)

"Do you know why they had to repaint this?"

"No? Good, it's easier that way."

You don't have to tell him anything really!
As long as he watches the queue-line videos I'm certain that he'll be terrified.

Or, if you don't fancy that, you could always say about restraints coming loose/Cars not returning/The Ride breaking down on the drop (Impossible of course) etc

A great number of people I visit with refuse to ride it in the first place. The sight of it is relatively scary to some people. Don't run the risk of him not going on it at all ;)

Whatever you say, make it sound believable. I mean, I know many morons might fall for the "I knew someone who fell out once" trick, but I'm hoping your friend has sufficient intelligence to cause that one to fail.

You might be able to get the hosts to play along, I visited with some friends and the host asked if we were looking forward to it, to which two of my friends expressed their concerns.
He replied to them: "You'll be fine, we've sorted it all after the accident last month." Or something along those lines, with a grin on his face.

Just get him to watch the videos, all the restraints will have been refurbed now which is a shame, getting a shuttle with tattier restraints genuinely seems to terrify some people!
:p

Every mechanical noise and movement that happens..

"Oh no, oh god it never did that last time, what's going on..."

Only do it at key moments though, like half way up the lift and near the drop. :)

when you are strapped in say "know the history of oblivion" and when he says no, reply with "that is probably for the best" pause then say "thank god my life insurance is up to date." whist looking scared.

Just act really scared:
"God, they've changed this since last time"
"Look how high up it is. Imagine if the track fell down"
"Apparently , the other week someone died of a heart attack when the ride broke down at the top, and then unexpectedly dropped ten minutes later"
"I saw on the news that last year this was deemed unsafe to ride... I think they had around one thousand loose bolts or something... hope they've fixed it...imagine if it all dropped...."
"Oh my gosh, did you see that thing falling from the lift hill?"

Just point out that the restraints often "pop" a notch. Scared me bleepless the first time that happened on the holding brake.

Poison Tom 96 said:
''Did you hear that banging noise.....''

Dude, that is not going to work opposite a building site...

Well, mind you, the speed they are building it at, maybe you have a point ha-ha!!

I hope you're going to buy your friend an on-ride photo afterwards to make up for being this evil! ;)