• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scare rooms 2013

Yeah it does :)

I was expecting it to become around the mark of £525, I was totally wrong! However, when booking the room, those with annual passes, ENSURE you state you have annual passes. We got a lot of money off, mainly due to us not needing park tickets of course.

Meal is a 2 course meal or something like that, all included, and with the actors round you're table, similar to how last years operated.

Based upon some sort of wedding, new owners of Altonville Motel, and their daughter gets married. Seems like a very good theme and idea this year, and the slogan 'Til death do us part'.

Do you have to pay the whole cost of the room when you book? I want to do a scare room so badly but this is not a good month for money!

Amy_D said:
Do you have to pay the whole cost of the room when you book? I want to do a scare room so badly but this is not a good month for money!

Same here, also.. how quickly are they to sell?

Yes, you do. :)

Well they are going like hotcakes at the moment in time, literally they are selling out mad. 26th October is sold out and there is not much availability and they haven't even put it online yet!

kydog1299 said:
Yes, you do. :)

Well they are going like hotcakes at the moment in time, literally they are selling out mad. 26th October is sold out and there is not much availability and they haven't even put it online yet!

Not much at all? As in the whole event?

Well, they are limited. Weird though, I was told today was the day everything goes live by the Hotel receptionist, hmm. You'd have to ring the Hotel Reservations Number to find out the exact availability. :)

Personally I find that poor business practice...
Yeah let all of the scarerooms get sold during the early booking and leave nothing for those who are not part of forums such as this with people like yourself who have bought so have the information.

Poor business practice? That stuff gets sold before they've even become readily available due to popularity?

Alright then. It'll appear on website in due course anyway, as if anything it'd be marketing for anyone interested for future bookings.

The only way I have found out about the rooms so far it's on here, why not advertise to register interest on the website in the scarefest section. That way Merlin get more marketing opportunities and reward with advanced info on scarefest and have a limited pre sale of scare rooms.

thefatone said:
Poor business practice? That stuff gets sold before they've even become readily available due to popularity?

Alright then. It'll appear on website in due course anyway, as if anything it'd be marketing for anyone interested for future bookings.

Okay, poor business practise was maybe the wrong wording. The point I was making is what swalesuk was saying:

swalesuk01 said:
The only way I have found out about the rooms so far it's on here, why not advertise to register interest on the website in the scarefest section. That way Merlin get more marketing opportunities and reward with advanced info on scarefest and have a limited pre sale of scare rooms.

Exactly my point, sure it doesn't bother me as I knew about it from here but general public may not.

Isn't it the same thing as early ticket availability to o2 customers for gigs at the o2 arena?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm not quite sure they really need to advertise their scare rooms if they're clearly selling well before the information has been posted!

You have to enquire, before they tell you information. Those who really are interested, will ring up for more information, which is why those who were ringing regarding information, got told. Because we were all on the waiting lists, and Saturday was when the bookings opened up, the staff got briefed. :)

Here is my problem people are saying the people that wanted them phoned and asked about them, now I regularly been going to Alton and Scarefest for many years but the first I knew of the scare rooms was this year reading about them on the forum. Then even looking on the hotel website there was no mention of the scare rooms just to stay over at Scarefest. If you look at it from the Alton website it is in with the mazes and again not clear what they are for just says more info soon. So if I was Joe Bloggs would think its about the maze and may think the line up looks good may not check again and go for the day and forget the exact details of what will be on park. I just think it would help if there was some on park info about it or even make it clear on the hotel website you have options to your stay and give more people the opportunity to experience them.

I like the idea and price of one day maze 'freedom' pass, considering £16 vs £10 for one time entry.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Just rang up to book for 4 and was quoted a supplement of £225 and room rate of £235.50 and something making the total £461 with annual pass discount.

This is very good pricing and works out around £115.25 per person :)

I've booked mine today as mentioned above with AP discount it was £461.

I'm quite surprised you can cancel up until a week before and it would only cost £25.

Does anyone know what the outdoors part of the experience could be?

smidgey said:

I'm quite surprised you can cancel up until a week before and it would only cost £25.

Outdoor wedding maybe?

KingNemesis said:
smidgey said:

Outdoor wedding maybe?
Possibly! I'm excited though. The others in my group are not as excited :D