• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scare rooms 2013

Oatcakedodger

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Swarm
:eek: anybody ever had the joys of staying in one? Seen YouTube footage of it and it looks a laugh any info on price and reviews would be appreciated, cheers ! Thinking of staying in one with the better half this year :eek:

Did the first year they did it, was great fun. We had 3 rooms between us all, the experience varied between all 3, was great fun.

Probably better with a group of you though (4 in the room)

GaryH said:
Did the first year they did it, was great fun. We had 3 rooms between us all, the experience varied between all 3, was great fun.

Probably better with a group of you though (4 in the room)
can you remember how much it cost ? Cheers >:D

I did it years ago, it was good, but It wasn't good enough to make me want to do it again if that makes sense.

I just found the experience rather repetitive. Scary person in make up runs around your room for a minute or two, leaves, you wait half an hour, another scary person runs around your room, leaves, you wait half hour etc

The staff were fantastic and they did extremely well, but I wanted more themeing in the room, more effects, and generally more substance for the price they charge. Much like everything the resort does it felt like a fantastic concept done on a shoestring budget.

This was a VERY long time ago tho, might be totally different now. :)

I have never done one (and not sure I would want to anyway), but apparently last years was very good and contained a proper storyline, actors, etc. At one point you ever went outside at night and sat around a fire!

I've been in one! Amazing! Be prepared to be extremely tired the next day.....but well worth it!!!!!!

If u have FB anyone, feel free to add me and look at my videos...full of screaming, laughing and swearing I'm afraid as we got hideously drunk before hand!

We paid the normal room rate between four of us and we got AP discount on that and we had to pay a supplement which was not subject to discount £150.00 and there were four of us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If I had money to burn, it would be rather amusing to get a scare room, rig it with hidden cameras... then spend all night in the bar, watching the actors get confused by the emoty room on a monitor.

I remember having to sign a disclaimer to say if I suffered a heart attack or died of fright from being in the room I couldnt sue Alton!!! lol

I really want to stay in a Scare Room but they are way to expensive. If they lowered the price a little bit then I'd consider staying in one.

They do look like the best part of Scarefest though and appear to be always consistently good.

After just watching last years again and it having links to the field, so I'm kind of thinking this years will have soom involvement with the boiler house but I could be wrong

I did the scare room in 2010 when it was themed around Thirteen. It was worth doing, but not something that I'd do every year; partly due to the expense. The experience is fun, especially with a group, and not as scare maze. There are a few good moments, where the actors used misdirection brilliantly, but they're limited by the room design in some ways.

Doing one this year. They are themed upon Altonville once again, just NEW owners and their daughter is getting married. We have been told to dress smart? Also told, some of it will take place outside again. So, it looks as though we are invited to a wedding, then go back to the motel, and some werid things happen? No idea. But thats what I was told by Hotel staff and the email.

kydog1299 said:
Doing one this year. They are themed upon Altonville once again, just NEW owners and their daughter is getting married. We have been told to dress smart? Also told, some of it will take place outside again. So, it looks as though we are invited to a wedding, then go back to the motel, and some werid things happen? No idea. But thats what I was told by Hotel staff and the email.

Where did you get this email from?

kydog1299 said:
Er, I booked to stay in the room, so i have an email confirming my place at the wedding.
Just a quick question how did you go about booking that is it online or over the phone

There are 5 of us, paid £461.50, and a supplement was included in that too. Meal included also. Cannot book online. Have to ring, and I believe you need to ring the Hotel number, but they are closed on sundays, so you'd have to wait until tomorrow. Also, the girl on the phone told me, everything goes Live tomorrow including scare maze tickets and scare room information. Only those who were put on the waiting list, are permitted to book early, i think anyway.

Think, the Hotel reservations number is open tomorrow from 9.30am or something along those lines. 26th October is sold out.

Scare Rooms run from Oct 24th-2nd Nov

Hope this helps. :)

That's a pretty decent price. Very good in fact. Considering there's five of you that works out pretty well, given that you're getting a meal on top of it too!