• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2012

Does anyone else here think that TOTT will still be the scariest maze? Too be honest i don't. Just want peoples opinions as its so close to the preview weekend.

The after 4pm ticket is back for £15 starting from the 19th October and then the 22nd-25th October, as confirmed by Alton on Twitter.

No news yet on any other dates.

Members of our team are on park for the preview this evening, and have thusfar updated with this neat little touch from the park! :)

60169_390920667645050_1591562979_n.jpg

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more of the same! :)

Who is that guy that does the voiceover! I gather it's the Rita/Thirteen guy but he does sound like someone famous. I don't think it was ever confirmed?

This scarefest is looking great so far from what I've seen i cant wait untill Saturday

AltonTowers.com said:
Annual Pass holders can receive 20% off selected time slots - limited numbers available from the Resort Box Office only..

This has been slightly amended, so you now may be able to get 20% off the £9 time slot...

Rather than 20% off only the 5pm - 9pm time bracket...

Dave said:
As for the app I don't think Towers are holding back the android version, I think it's just waiting for Android to put it in the store.

Nope, I think they have ruled out a droid version, it only takes 30mins-2hrs for an android app to get into google play (Im a dev XD)

Alton did tweet about the android version the other day, it could be a development issue etc. Their main apps are on android I would be very surprised now if it didnt launch soon.

There is definitely an Android app. It was meant to launch today, I now expect it to be available tomorrow.

:)

thefatone said:
Dislike using the sub terra advert with scarefest - it looks rushed, cheap and doesn't sell the brand at all.

Still (IMO) crying out for a central character to build the genuinely scary Scarefest stuff around to go with those family level characters with names I can't remember.

Review of The Sanctuary... HUGE SPOILER ALERT
The Sanctuary, so Altons new maze is here but is it any good? The maze is very well themed, you queue into the conservatory where TV screens show you a video of the head of the MoJ introducing the chief medical doctor of the facility. He tells you about the work of the Sanctuary, there is brief mention of SW7 but its nothing major. You are then batched by some nurses into groups before lining up to begin.

You enter the maze and meet the doctor from the video (I assume they have contingency for when he's on break). He adds some more about how his work is misunderstood by the medical profession. This guy is a great actor and set the scene well. You then enter the facility into a huge room that's well themed, it seems to be some sort of day room and a patient watches an old TV before leaping up at the group. You then enter a canteen where some staff taunt you. These two areas are not too scary but quite atmospheric.

You then come to a ward which offers some great jumpy moments due to the many drapes, the staff taunt and tell you to come to be Marmalised. This scene is fantastic, a claustrophobic white fabric corridor with TVs above that show disturbing images. You are sprayed with water and air and things touch your legs. It's very unique and very affective. You then descend to the surgery.

Here more staff taunt and scare you, it's standard scare maze fare but again well done, there then follows a morgue with a body on a slab then some claustrophobic corridors where patients await. You approach the finale which is a cage maze but with bolt holes that the actors can leap through. The SW7 face flashes on the walls and the actors played this area really well.

Overall this is a fantastic maze, it tries to do more than the obvious scares and the theming is A1, you also start the maze in huge rooms but then the scenes get smaller and smaller becoming more claustrophobic.

We met the Ents manager in charge of the mazes after the run through, they mentioned lots of tweaks they want to make and a few key features where not ready for the preview so these improvements should take this great maze to an amazing maze. It's better than this years ToTT!

I feel like i have missed bits to talk about it was that manic and obviously there will be changes before Saturday.

Broad opinion 8.5/10 with the improvements Towers seem to want to put in place could easily be the best they have done.

Like Dave said Sanctuary is really good but for me ToTT this year was a bit of a let down. I think they need a new storyline and we didn't even do Carnival as we had been told to do ToTT over Carnival as they hadn't finished the finale last night. I can't wait to get some use out my pass these next few weekends as it's something different to do rather than the rides.

Oh dear, I'm still surprised they didn't change the story this year. It just seems like the easy way out to just recycle the same maze for 3 years. They need to have a new theme for the maze next year, surely?

The beginning of ToTT is better this year and the finale strobes are done better. I think ToTT is the next to get the refurb, obviously this year the focus has been on Sanctuary and there have been a lot of changes in Ents recently so i suppose there was a limit to what they can do?

Just to back up a bit was this an early preview you guys got because I thought the previews were only this weekend?

Anyway I'm very glad to hear The Sanctuary is good. It sounds excellent and I hope it continues next year when I'll be more likely to go. As long as TotT is as good as last year I don't mind that it hasn't changed. I think it's good for once to have a paid maze that is arguably better than the free one.

Any chance someone could label an overhead shot of the towers to show where each maze is?

Tim said:
Just to back up a bit was this an early preview you guys got because I thought the previews were only this weekend?

It was the staff preview - and a few of the team were invited along to the staff preview. :)

The preview this weekend is the public preview.