Scarefest 2013: Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pricey., 18th Oct 2012.

1. Hitch

Hitch TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    An Unnamed Infinity Coaster
    All they need to do is change it to Smiler Logos and it should fit in!

2. BigDave

BigDave TowersStreet Member

Funny thing is, they have lights already setup with the smiler logo for The Sanctuary. There is a lot they could do, but its down to budget and time constraints. Bring back the huge flame throwers I say :p

3. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

Photos from TS Facebook today, incase you missed them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Certainly there is more "stuff" on Towers Street this year than last and there are a few intriguing structures in Fountain Square.

4. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

no no no it has to be there regardless of the sanctuary, it added so much atmosphere late at night

5. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    It appears that Towers are doing previews of at least TotT and The Sanctuary for short periods today. Not a bad idea to make sure everything flows nicely on Saturday.

:)

6. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

Just a quick warning for anyone wishing to buy, Alton Towers have tweeted saying maze tickets on selected days are selling out and Freedom pass/ tickets are going off-sale tomorrow.

7. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    If mazes are selling out, it might demonstrate to the powers that be that the maze hours need extending and more attractions adding.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

8. Scott

Scott Former TS Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    It seems like Scarefest is shaping up to be a big, healthy event this year. If it proves to be a huge end to a pretty successful year (numbers wise) then hopefully the budget will be increased further for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

9. josht

josht TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    bandit (movie park)
    Hopefully it's something special it hasn't felt right since 2009 in my opinion but we will see on Saturday :)

10. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    It is a very good sign that the maze tickets are selling out for selected days in advance. You have to imagine that the better they sell, the more likely we are to get a fourth maze next year. Fingers crossed!

11. GaryH

If you look online at the booking pages and look at the evening time slots, most are sold out now.

12. Andrew

Andrew TS Contributor

As there have been previews for TotT and The Sanctuary, does this lead anyone to believe that Carnival has had a major overhaul (as was rumoured) which is why there haven't been previews for that maze yet?

However, I might just be being optimistic and it's either not finished or they just don't want previews yet.

13. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I was one of the lucky few to get a preview on TOTT yesterday morning and then the Sanctuary yesterday afternoon. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time for TOTT, then once we had done that we were told Sanctuary would be open in the afternoon. Once we did the mazes we gave feedback to the management about what worked and what didn't, etc.

I won't post any reviews or spoilers of the mazes, not until the weekend when people have had chance to go on them. Plus we were the first group of public to go through them so there could quite well be changes made to both mazes.

We were informed that previews may take place today for the Carnival, however I haven't been on park, so have no idea if they did or not.

It is also the staff preview event tomorrow night, so i'm sure we will find out much more then!

14. Rosie

Rosie TowersStreet Member

I was a bit skeptical as to whether Scarefest was going to be worth going to after last years.. However from what I've seen and heard AT are getting it right again this year and I can't wait to go.

15. GaryH

To be fair to Alton, it looks like they are learning from the poor effort last Scarefest and making more of an effort this year. I am looking forward to going this weekend :)

16. James

James TS Founding Member

It does look pretty good this year. Which I'm quite glad of as I haven't been to Scarefest since 2010 so hopefully I've skipped the 'bad years' when I visit Scarefest this year. :p

The thing that will make or break though is park lighting. While it will always be impossible to light the whole park beautifully, lighting similar to 2010 would be great to see again. Only two days to go so I suppose we shall see how the atmosphere pans out at night this year!

17. Rob

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I have very low expectations for park lighting. It seems that there is next to no budget for it which is a shame. However Fountain Square is looking fantastic!

18. queenofspeed

queenofspeed TowersStreet Member

After visiting last year, I am really hoping the roaming actors will carry on! Last year there were a few clowns and creepy baby doll's walking around which was really cool and helped to set a great atmosphere. However, I hope they theme more of the park this year, in most areas there is nothing to show you it's Halloween. Does anyone know if they will have actors in the smiler this year?

19. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Just in from Preview Night.

Subtle improvements to Terror of the Towers this year, once again a reliable, high quality maze. That ending just remains WOW.

Carnival has a number of improvements including better audio, signage and finale. I worry for throughput though. I enjoyed it a lot however, felt quite substantial.

Sanctuary is identical to earlier this year, according to those who went in.

Zombies has changed a fair bit, although I did not visit tonight.

The Smiler is awesome in the dark. Genuinely.

Lighting was mediocre. However a couple more green filters in Dark Forest and they're sorted. X Sector fine as Marmaliser lights the area.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

20. GaryH

Whats up with the lighting??