• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

BigDave said:
Yeah, but he was asking about fastrack tickets for carnival of screams and a freedom pass offers holders fastrack onto carnival.

Alton Towers said:
The Scarefest Freedom Pass includes:
- Entry to Terror Of The Towers
- Entry to The Sanctuary
- Fastrack entry to Carnival of Screams
- Pass does not include entry to the Theme Park
- Terms and Conditions and restrictions apply - please note you must queue for Terror of the Towers and The Sanctuary. In busy times you may be asked to return at a later time. No return within 30mins
Debit or MasterCard payments are free. Other cards require a charge of £1.50 to cover transaction costs.

Thanks, on what page is this actually quoted from? Many thanks

BigDave said:
Yeah, but he was asking about fastrack tickets for carnival of screams and a freedom pass offers holders fastrack onto carnival.

Alton Towers said:
The Scarefest Freedom Pass includes:
- Entry to Terror Of The Towers
- Entry to The Sanctuary
- Fastrack entry to Carnival of Screams
- Pass does not include entry to the Theme Park
- Terms and Conditions and restrictions apply - please note you must queue for Terror of the Towers and The Sanctuary. In busy times you may be asked to return at a later time. No return within 30mins
Debit or MasterCard payments are free. Other cards require a charge of £1.50 to cover transaction costs.

Thank you :)

and the page is : https://secure.altontowers.com/webapp/w ... visitDate=

I would have thought there would be Fastrack available for Carnival, as there always was for the free maze before?

I just found this image posted by HuffPostPics on Twitter which shows one of The Smiler trains lit up to advertise Scarefest. Imagine if all the trains were lit up like this for Scarefest. It would be magical.

BWM-0ZiCEAAS7tR.jpg:large

It would be great if they were lit up like that for Scarefest. I'd imagine it's unlikely though. It will be interesting to see how they light The Smiler area/queue. The Marmaliser screen will provide a lot of light but I don't think there is a load of space for generator lights and no permanent lighting was installed.

:)

JAMMYD778 said:
I just found this image posted by HuffPostPics on Twitter which shows one of The Smiler trains lit up to advertise Scarefest. Imagine if all the trains were lit up like this for Scarefest. It would be magical.

BWM-0ZiCEAAS7tR.jpg:large

You'd have thought it'd be lit up yellow....I'm not going to complain though!

You just know that they'll have packed generator lights into the spaces adjacent to the queueline though (the areas with the cherry pickers in). :p

I am lead to believe that only 1 train was lit up for promotion.

So I wouldnt get your hopes up for the smiler looking that good at Scarefest. Though we can all wish and hope and pray...

...I can already hear the hummmmmmm of the generators.

It's like McDonald's burgers.

Look amazing on photo adverts.

Look rushed and shoddy in real life.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There should be a queue for the long line of people that surely want to complain about this map.
There should also be a fastrack queue for those that don't want to wait for 45 minutes, just to complain about a poorly made map.
Then there should be another queue for people that want to complain that there is a fastrack queue for people who want to complain about a map.
Then the complaints processing machine should break down.
All those in the queue will be given a complementary fastrack to visit another complaints processing machine entirely dedicated to crap maps.

But seriously this is the map we all love to loathe with vomit spewed over it. Well done Alton Towers. This map is now worse then the current Thorpe Park map period.

To be honest, if you look at the map in full (the size it would be in real life), then it isn't too bad. It's just that the picture is quite small so the yellow appears way too bold.

And it's definitely not as bad as Thorpe Park's...

Maybe my screen is too bright. It still looks horrible when zoomed in, especially to the right. There are loads of circles that block paths. Its unreadable. It really is. Say what you like about Thorpe, there map is at least readable.

HaydenCR said:
Maybe my screen is too bright. It still looks horrible when zoomed in, especially to the right. There are loads of circles that block paths. Its unreadable. It really is. Say what you like about Thorpe, there map is at least readable.

I do agree that the right side quite garish. However, the map is still readable. This may be because I'm used to the paths though.

In my opinion, Thorpe's map just has the rides placed with no real paths. They may be clearer but they aren't true to the park as it's not that free to move around. At least with Alton's map the paths there attempt to be in the right place, even if they are blocked.

The map as an art piece isn't all that bad. The map as an actual navigation tool though is pointless, you may as well wear a blindfold and walk around the park.

I hope the map gets redesigned next year.

On a positive note though, I'm liking The Smiler theme going on with the Scarefest map, it gives off a nice brand image.

On my screen I think it looks pretty good. Granted for a map it's awful. If it was your first time at Alton towers you wouldn't have a clue where you were going. But it still looks nice ::)

Whoever designed that map must have thought it was Smilerfest coming up and not Scarefest. I really do not like it. There's way too much yellow which isn't really a prominent Scarefest colour. I know they like to change the Scarefest map colour every year but I think greens and purples with a tad of orange fit the event theme far better. And with yellow and swirls in the paths they have somehow managed to make it even harder to use as a navigation tool.

:)