• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

I'd rather them keep the mazes that they had last year with very minor alterations to keep the price down so that they can spend more money on the rest of the park. This includes lighting, theming, and actors.

Even if they just changed the lights to make them more atmospheric then the event would be much better!

James said:
Lighting is the key for the event to feel that little more special. Even if they can't afford extra theming, lighting will make the event feel like something more. 2010 just proved how effective lighting can be.

Thing is, it really wouldn't cost all that much to install some permanent, LED type coloured.
LED%20flood%20light%20.jpg

The image above shows a type of light I have, it easily lights up the whole garden and house, and the colour can be programmed, it can even morph through colours or 'strobe'. These are about £20 each and are a permanent solution to the rubbish, outdated lighting systems the park currently has for night time events.

ryanlovesaltontowers said:
James said:
Lighting is the key for the event to feel that little more special. Even if they can't afford extra theming, lighting will make the event feel like something more. 2010 just proved how effective lighting can be.

Thing is, it really wouldn't cost all that much to install some permanent, LED type coloured.
LED%20flood%20light%20.jpg

The image above shows a type of light I have, it easily lights up the whole garden and house, and the colour can be programmed, it can even morph through colours or 'strobe'. These are about £20 each and are a permanent solution to the rubbish, outdated lighting systems the park currently has for night time events.

I believe (but don't quote me on this) that towers have a restriction on the percentage of the park allowed to be covered by permanent lighting. Think its part of the various GDO and planning restrictions on the park (this one intended to prevent light pollution).

Hence why we wont ever see full park wide permanent lighting.

Wouldn't coloured lights be better than the floodlights brought in when the park is open later though? Surely they'd make less of an impact whilst also improving the parks atmosphere? It's not as if they need lights often anyway as the park's hardly ever open late enough anymore.

BigAl said:
Wouldn't coloured lights be better than the floodlights brought in when the park is open later though? Surely they'd make less of an impact whilst also improving the parks atmosphere? It's not as if they need lights often anyway as the park's hardly ever open late enough anymore.

But that is only an issue for 17 days a year, i think the planners concern is that if they have permenant lighting they will be left on at night for security/ maintenance thoughout the year.

And the coloured lights could be just for 17 days a year too, so long as they're taken down when they're not needed. It'd also be cheaper if they purchased their own lights in the long run as they wouldn't constantly need to hire a load of floodlights (that generate a lot of noise too), and lights could be used elsewhere when they're not being used outside for Scarefest, such as inside the dark rides and kept for any future shows (if they're ever going to attempt big shows again that is).

BigAl said:
And the coloured lights could be just for 17 days a year too, so long as they're taken down when they're not needed.

Yeah that would be fine as then they wouldn't be permanent.

One thing i know they like the Gennies for is the fact a power cut wont knock them out. But there are UPS solutions for lights, so no excuse really.

I've heard a disturbing rumour that when The Sanctuary returns it will be WITHOUT my favourite scary-man - Dr Kelman (as portrayed by Gerry Cannell). Surely not :/ ??? To a lot of fans (myself included), The Sanctuary IS Dr Kelman and utterly inconceivable without him. If this is true, all I can say is that the marketing people at the Towers must have succumbed to heat-stroke in this good weather and need their collective heads examined.

Does anyone else know anything about this?

Who cares anyway? The actor who plays him might have other things going on in his life. He doesn't owe anything to enthusiasts...

Kelman is great but seriously some folks need to get over that character.

It's not the second coming of Christ!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with Dan. Towers did come up with a great character and it's worked really well for them. However his inclusion doesn't really impact too much on my opinion of the scare maze, as the scares don't start until after you've seen him.

:)

I think cutting the character might do the whole attraction some good... I feel like the character may have outgrown the whole thing and been made out to be 'the saviour of Scarefest' or something akin to that.

Leaving the man out might make everything more 'normal' again...

I really like Gerry and the Kelman character but I think the character became a continuity issue for Towers as lots of geeks expected Kelman to be more deeply involved with The Smiler when the character has nothing to do with that part of the MoJ.

So I imagine now they need to explain away The Sanctuary considering the Marmalisation system has been perfected with The Smiler. It's not going to be easy.

If Gerry is not planning to return in 2014 it would be great to have a Sanctuary story that kills off the character to give it a proper send-off. Then again Kelman is a great character so I don't think pete will get rid for the sake of it.

At the end of the day it's a rumour, but also remember the character can't last forever so Kelman fans need to make peace with that fact.

We coped with the death of Constable Yates in 2008!

WAIIIIIT! I'M CONT. YATES! GET AGAINST THAT FENCE! WAIIIIIIIT!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2