• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

Well the garden may be more atmospheric but there won't be any more queues now anyway, with both mazes being paid they'll be pretty much walk on or a 5 minute wait maximum.

I'm not so sure about that. At times last year they did get queues, espeically TOTT. I recall queueing a good hour one evening last year.

As for Boiler House, it did indeed work so much better up at the hotels rather than in the Black Hole tent. It was so much more atmospheric. I think it was 2010 when it was absolutely brilliant!

:)

Correct me if I am wrong but I think @PeteB is referring to this season as a result of all the mazes being timed/paid in which case I think he has a point.

I am really disappointed I missed the mazes near the hotel, I can imagine after a day on park enjoying rides till late, then doing a maze by the hotel as well? Sounds fantastic! Wish they'd split them out - I like having some on park, but having others after hours near the hotels would surely add a revenue stream they could run them till late from say 8pm and take actors from other mazes or something?

You could charge more for that and have the queues start at one of the rear exits or something so the maze could start early. There's SO many ideas I have on this. You could have like Nemesis LIVE until it opens or something and make the valley really atmospheric, it lends itself to that anyway feeling hidden away.

TOTT and Sanctuary were both paid and had time slots last year though as well. Correct me if I'm wrong about the time slots but I'm sure they did. It didn't stop there being queues though. Of course you may not get as many people doing the mazes this year as there is no chance to do a free maze, enjoy it, and think it's worth paying to do some different ones.

TOTT and Sanctuary were both paid and had time slots last year though as well. Correct me if I'm wrong about the time slots but I'm sure they did. It didn't stop there being queues though. Of course you may not get as many people doing the mazes this year as there is no chance to do a free maze, enjoy it, and think it's worth paying to do some different ones.

I meant the pass thing mate sorry.

You make a great point about the free maze though!

Anyone remember the laser and music show they did in her ladyships garden one year where they projected laser images onto the walls of the buildings?

That's a good point regarding the free maze, Rob. A free maze gave guests a taster of what just a scare maze is. If a guest had a great experience in carnival this would have make them more inclined to pay for the two others. With no free maze that could effect how many tickets are sold. I suppose we'll find out in a few weeks if a lack of a free maze can have that impact.

Anyone remember the laser and music show they did in her ladyships garden one year where they projected laser images onto the walls of the buildings?

Frightlights! Yes!

I quite liked that little show. Pretty cheap to run and pleased a crowd easily. I'm surprised they never tried extending that towards the Towers lawns or in Fountain Square.

Fright Lights, back in Scarefest 2007, bloody brilliant that was!

If they can't bothered to put static lights on the pathway to Hex, they sure as hell won't be bothered to put moving lights anywhere!

If they can't bothered to put static lights on the pathway to Hex, they sure as hell won't be bothered to put moving lights anywhere!
They stopped that due to it becoming the Queueline for the sanctuary more than anything else wasn't it?

I loved Fright Lights though. Should bring back a 'show' like this again.

Twas a good show and a nice addition to the entertainment line up for Scarefest but I don't believe for a second it got the chop for ToTT's queueline moving to that area. There are plenty of other places in the park it could have gone.

It'll be down to costs. A pre programmed outdoor laser show like that using 4 heads will have cost a fair few thousand, especially considering Scarefest was running for nearly 3 weeks back in those days.

Shame.

Just seen a picture from a gallery over on TT, showing Scary Tales props sat in the outdoor bit from Carnival, possibly confirming suspicions that it would be located there.

Just seen a picture from a gallery over on TT, showing Scary Tales props sat in the outdoor bit from Carnival, possibly confirming suspicions that it would be located there.
Link to the gallery. Their site is taking forever to load.

Ah thanks, can't really see the pics as their site is being SO SLOW. Anyway, I look forward to having a wander through in a couple of weeks time.

Had to check twice that this was really from the actual Towers Facebook page, but they have released an absolutely dire promotional video that uses comic sans and what seems to be windows movie maker to advertise the ultimate sleepover...

facepalm-startrek.png

That's all.

Edit: Does anyone know where the part filmed in the forest with the 2 people talking to the camera was filmed?

Haha. It's a parody, it's supposed to be bad, comic sans is used because it's a joke. The problem is the editing is so overzealous and the humour not that sharp, so it's not that funny.

At least it's better than Thorpe Park's halloween promo video.