• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

They've also cut the price on some nights and introduced Annual Pass discount:

1979521_790324951014564_1624344088080002630_n.jpg

And in true Towers fashion we have a spelling error. Will they ever learn to spell check before publishing material!?

Clearly this hasn't been selling well though. That video is awful; cheap and very quickly made.

:)

I thought it was gonna be fake before I started playing the video, but then, as @electricBlll says, the humour isn't up to scratch, and it gives details of the event, so I thought it was genuine.

Thing is, for such a high price are they really surprised...

The hotel scare rooms sold well because people knew exactly what they were getting and knew they would be comfortable. A hotel room with scares is easy to market and people know where their money is going.

This isn't so crystal clear and with such a high price it seems like you're (again) getting very little for your money.

I hope this flops tbh, just as bad as the flop of an idea as the paid entertainment in the hotels last Easter.

I can see the method in the madness and in theory and reality, it should work. I'm glad they're starting to think out of the box, but the scare rooms worked in the hotels. I don't see why they couldn't just keep the scare rooms, and then provide a genuinely terrifying experience in the Towers for a more premium price whilst being able to guarantee an experience that would live up to that price tag. At present, it doesn't seem anywhere near and the results have become far too clear.

Yeah thats supposed to look like a crappy amature video from the early 90's haha. The stretched widescreen kinda gave it away! I love it!

Unfortunately, there are enough people dumb enough to pay it BECAUSE OMG IT'S TOWERS, and Merlin know it. There are some people out there who would gladly pay £1000 for this even if they had to sleep on the floor, in a pile of bird droppings, while rats ate their toes, and they wouldn't care BECAUSE OMG IT'S TOWERS.

The video may well be intentionally crap but that doesn't stop it from being awful. It's not the first time that they have done intentionally crap videos either. It's hardly going to make me want to fork out over £200 for a one night stay.

When I first saw the price my jaw dropped. I would pay 280 if it was for both me missies. But each........................ id rather not thank you.

Its a shame really as its bloody good idea for me. The man/women who came up with this idea needs a huge pat on the back. However the guy who priced it needs to locked in a room and have a word with themselves. Then Merlin.

The pricing last year was reasonable. Normal room cost (which was MAP discounted) plus £150 supplement which included your evening meal. Split between 4 people in a room and not too bad. But £280 for a camp bed and sleeping bag??! They need their heads looking at.

If 4 of us went this year it would cost £1000!! Ridiculous!

Shame because the experience last year was brilliant.

Last edited:
You know what... I would LOVE to do the Ultimate Sleepover - and I am sure there are many people on here would aswell. I earn a good salary and could afford it. But will I? No. Instead, I am going to go to Phantasialand and Europa-Park and spend the same on an entire weeks accommodation.

I bet the experience at Alton Towers will be something to remember - I am sure the creative talents will do a great job. But that does not stop the headline pricing being horrendous.

Sorry, Towers. It might be a good night - but its not worth that.

It's rumored the hotels didn't want scare rooms for various reasons. As for this sleepover I would love to do it. It looks like a fun and scary event but it's just way over priced.

It's just squeeze as much as possible at the moment!

Overpriced? How else do you get to explore the towers themselves? It's an unique experience. We're going on the 25th and are taking 2 night vision camara's, unless they ban all camara's of course.

Overpriced? How else do you get to explore the towers themselves? It's an unique experience. We're going on the 25th and are taking 2 night vision camara's, unless they ban all camara's of course.

An experience being unique doesn't mean people can't make value judgements about it. :)

Indeed it is unique - is anybody questioning that?

But I still feel capable of making a decision on whether I attend and in this case, the ONLY reason I am not going to do it is because I do not feel it warrants that sort of money.

I am sure you'll have a great time.

A new video has been posted by Alton Towers about the extreme sleepover. Much better quality, the previous video was an intro into the main actors.

Still slightly bugs me I know everyone in that videos an actor which ruins the realism a bit. Also notice Mr Cliff!