• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

I remember the year they did Haunted Hollow live, it was excellent, with a girl dresses as a ghost in a large white dress creeping up on people, the undertaker who would sit on the hearse and measure people up for coffins, and then the gravedigger who was digging up near Duel and all three of them never broke character. I "think" they also had some smoke machines there though I may be wrong.

But alas, I do believe one of them got attacked when the gyppo's attended the park and they havent done it since. Seriously, why do Alton allow these people into the park when they do nothing but cause trouble and spoil it for everyone else. Just think what we could have now if it wasnt for the threat of actors being attacked. Didnt the Thirteen girl also get attacked?

Which reminds me, anyone know which weekend they are going up this year????

I'm not particularly disagreeing or agreeing with you, but, how do you stop 'gyppo's' getting in the park? After a big group is broken up for example, do you judge them on how they look, speak etc? It would be hard for Towers to enforce anything. Do you not let people in for speaking with an Irish twang in their voice?

It is of course very difficult for Towers to enforce upon entry...it's a tough situation for them.

They clearly acknowledge the problem, evidenced by the fact that we were offered a full refund upon complaint (we had 2 young(ish) children with us that day) and that they had an increased security presence that they have on park for that day(s).....but are they really going to turn away a massive increase in revenue?

I believe it is the first weekend of scarefest that they are likely to descend.

We've been round and round on the traveller weekend issue, twice a year, forever. Regardless of what Alton can and can't do, can we avoid the word 'gypo'? Not that I can justify some of the behaviour I've witnessed, but it's a really foul term.

We've already gone around the gyppo issue. Towers cannot ban a group of people when it's just a minority at fault.

That's like saying all gays should be banned for causing disruptive behavior... never going to happen.

On Saturday night at approx 6pm - 7pm, the ratio on My Bloody Valentine was 6 normal queue and a couple from fastrack. Same with Studio 13. I spent 45minutes in the fastrack queue for Studio 13. It was blatant that the park were severely overselling fastrack.
This was my issue! I did for My Bloody Valentine, Cabin and for Studio 13. Alton have every right to charge for timed slots as it makes it better flowing.
We've already gone around the gyppo issue. Towers cannot ban a group of people when it's just a minority at fault.

That's like saying all gays should be banned for causing disruptive behavior... never going to happen.

Rightly said.

(I've not been following this thread so apologies if it's already been answered.)

Out of curiosity, what are the 32A bus times from Uttox Rail Station over Scarefest? The websites aren't much help.
Thanks!

We've been round and round on the traveller weekend issue, twice a year, forever. Regardless of what Alton can and can't do, can we avoid the word 'gypo'? Not that I can justify some of the behaviour I've witnessed, but it's a really foul term.
A foul term for foul people.

Possible solution: Guests need proof of address to enter?

I remember the year they did Haunted Hollow live, it was excellent, with a girl dresses as a ghost in a large white dress creeping up on people, the undertaker who would sit on the hearse and measure people up for coffins, and then the gravedigger who was digging up near Duel and all three of them never broke character. I "think" they also had some smoke machines there though I may be wrong.

But alas, I do believe one of them got attacked when the gyppo's attended the park and they havent done it since. Seriously, why do Alton allow these people into the park when they do nothing but cause trouble and spoil it for everyone else. Just think what we could have now if it wasnt for the threat of actors being attacked. Didnt the Thirteen girl also get attacked?

Which reminds me, anyone know which weekend they are going up this year????

Haunted Hollow Live ran for 2 years, 2007 and 2008. Actors getting attacked is not a valid excuse for not running it. They get attacked in every maze and scare zone at every halloween event the world over. Measures can be taken to reduce it though.

And yeah they had several smoke machines down there, as well as other areas of the park.

Oh and I agree with banning gypos lol! Ban them all! Go away, bloody gypos!

Oh deary, deary me. The effect of the logo on the tree is just god awful. And it's not cheesily bad enough to look like it's meant to be bad.

I know it's sort of cliché to slag off everything Towers do. But it's sort of justifiable at this moment in time.

Been on park today, admit to a peak through the hole in the fence of "Scary Tales"....

Not looking promising and doesn't seem like it will be very long either.

Oh lord that video brings a new meaning to the word awful. Please Alton Towers, have some class, if you are going to make videos of any kind ensure they fit in with the whole image you want to portray for the park. Professional would be a good start. That is so cheap it is untrue, pretty sure Lord Sugar would have slated it had a team on the Apprentice been tasked to produce such a video.

I just despair really. We have a theme park with world class rides, a world class reputation and a strong brand. Yet we get crap like that, websites and promotional pieces continually littered with spelling errors or other mistakes, and other things that you would expect from much smaller parks. It is so sad that it's come to this.

:)

If it is as short as it appears from my peak today, then that video will take longer to watch.

My only knowledge of ScaryTales is such:

- its a last minute replacement
- the props will look VERY familiar (xmas, chocolate towers, Circus etc)

Make of that what you will.

Oh god, doesnt sound good at all. If the videos are anything to go by, could this be Altons worst ever scaremaze in the history of Scarefest?

but they will get away with it by saying 'its a free scarezone' - because that makes it acceptable. The best item Ive been made aware of in the zone... candy canes from christmas. LOL!

Anyway, lets not forget its a free scare zone, we should be thankful. I mean in a year with one less maze, two mazes with no originality left between them, the highest priced ever scaremaze tickets... wait sorry... i lost where I was going...