• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

I'm sure they're just doing these things, just to have a laugh.

I can't think of a season when they've been so blatantly money grabbing.

£7 to knock on 5 doors and receive 5p sweeties in return? Bargain. You wouldn't expect anything else from the UK's number one theme park.

Disney charge $68 for the halloween evening (4pm to midnight) with a special parade, fireworks, show and trick-or-treat trails. But if you want to enter before 4pm you need to pay the normal ($99 if only doing one day) entry fee too. If you only pay the normal fee and don't pay for the Halloween party then you have to leave at 7pm and there is no night parade or fireworks for you, which would normally be included in admission at a non-party Magic Kingdom night.
Okay, allow me to disagree.
In the same way that Europa charge more for their separate evening event, so do Disney. Prices to get into Disney, and especially Disney World, are simply extortionate. However, what you get with that extra $62* is far more quality, and as you have just said, a whole night. It seems to be based very much for young children.
Let's take Europa for an example instead as it is more teen based, so easier to compare. For an extra 20 euros you get five mazes, an ice show and three scare zones. 20 euros is just under £16.
At Towers, you've got one go on both the mazes and the two scare zones. With £16, you can't even do the Trail.

I think adding things in for additional cost isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're providing good standard levels of entertainment etc in the first place, but they're not doing that this year from all that can be witnessed thus far.

Also, £7 is too much, if you take three kids that's £21! Admittedly none of us know what's going to be given away yet, if it's a few cheap sweets then it's an absolute rip off, but if there's a little bit of merch in there and a immersive little game to play on the way around that's well staffed then it equates to a kind of kiddie maze almost.

Big IF there though. BIG IF for 7 quid.

*Me reading today's posts in this topic.*

With regards to Scary Tales, I will be surprised if they have any actors in there if I'm honest. The trick or treat trail is ridiculous though. I thought it would be £1-£2 at most for something like that, but £7?! What are you doing, Merlin?

I will be interested to see what's included in the goody bag though. I look forward to seeing the abysmal Scary Tales "theming" tomorrow. :/

This would have been a fantastic addition if it had been free...

Why does it need to be a pay extra thing? Oh yeah, because Merlin *head-desk*

Admittedly £7 is way to high, but capacity is one reason it would have to be pay extra, there isn't enough space/merch/staff for everyone to do it potentially.

Or as I said before maybe they shouldn't charge extra for anything at scarefest but remove the 2for1 vouchers so everyone pays full price. That way even if you don't want to do the trail/mazes you are still paying for with a higher entry price.

Admittedly £7 is way to high, but capacity is one reason it would have to be pay extra, there isn't enough space/merch/staff for everyone to do it potentially.

Or as I said before maybe they shouldn't charge extra for anything at scarefest but remove the 2for1 vouchers so everyone pays full price. That way even if you don't want to do the trail/mazes you are still paying for with a higher entry price.

What capacity?

This isn't a walkthrough maze or what the doors show used to be, this is meant to be kids exploring the park and getting goodies as a result...

This should be free really, or at the most, a pound to cover any costs of staffing... There is absolutely zero excuse for this to be so expensive...

TS Twitter have just said that ScareFest mugs, hats, and hoodies are now on sale in Towers Trading. :)

dIanOu9.png

Anyone know if they do T-Shirts too?

What capacity?

This isn't a walkthrough maze or what the doors show used to be, this is meant to be kids exploring the park and getting goodies as a result...

This should be free really, or at the most, a pound to cover any costs of staffing... There is absolutely zero excuse for this to be so expensive...

If there is a decent amount of sweets/merchandise at each stop they would need at least 100,000 items for every single guest who visits over scarefest to participate, by charging a small fee it limits the number of people interested. £7 is way to expensive but £3-5 depending on the quality of the item given out.

If there is a decent amount of sweets/merchandise at each stop they would need at least 100,000 items for every single guest who visits over scarefest to participate, by charging a small fee it limits the number of people interested. £7 is way to expensive but £3-5 depending on the quality of the item given out.

And this is where Merlin flounder to disasterous levels... Why create something that would be seen as a cool extra for all visitors, then turn around and limit it to those who are foolish/willing to spend the money for it...

It's not producing a good day out, it's finding new and wacky ways to remove people with their money... A real park would just let all guests be involved in a trick or treat, reap the benefits from the free extra's guest approval/praise and get the money back through happier guests spending more in shops/food stores... But they seemingly won't realise that guests would love something like this more if it were free, I can imagine there will be some complaints that people will 1) have to pay for this, 2) it's £7 for the privelege, and 3) the value for money factor is missing...

How much is a large pick n mix tub these days by the way?

Comparing this to a regular day at AT, think how many park maps they have to print off every day. It should make no difference. Entry price is already extortionate...

Besides, I don't really care about SF attractions - though theming would be nice - as I only visit for the atmosphere and the night time rides, both of which we will get anyway.

Edit: Pick 'n' Mix tub is £5 I believe.

Is a prize really necessary if you're making your own though? Maybe not something as much as a tub of pick 'n' mix per child. Well... I suppose if you have more than one child then they could share the sweets.

Sooooooooo, why would you pay £7 for the one Towers have put on?
I didn't mean that. :p I meant if you're making your own, which really is what should happen, is there any need for an expensive prize for the little'ns?

But that's my point! £7 is a lot of money to add to what you'll already be spending to get into the park. Especially per child. You could save yourself a ton of money and do it yourself and literally buy a few toys from a pound shop as prizes!
Why would you need to spend all that money... Merlin aren't thinking this through at all.

Thing is though, people WILL be foolish enough to fall for this. Especially when their little sweethearts are begging them to buy them in whatever means possible.

How many families do you think will pay for the trail, and still pay for food, and merch and the mazes? They'll end up losing money because people will not buy or pay for other things. And no one will think any higher of the park or company because they can't offer ANY value for money!

I am really not against extras like this. Not really sure why people would expect this to be free given the volume of guests attending.

I am quite sure £7 will turn out to be expensive for what you get in return, but with things like this, it's not fair to judge really till after.