• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

I posted a couple of pages ago about a FV scarezone, (even if mine sounded better :D) they are reading this!
Seriously though, I am glad there changing the scarefest line up slightly.

I posted a couple of pages ago about a FV scarezone, (even if mine sounded better :D) they are reading this!
Seriously though, I am glad there changing the scarefest line up slightly.
SLIGHTLY? This is the biggest change we've had since the re-introduction of a halloween event a few years ago! Completely new scare zones, 2 brand new mazes, a third maze returning and a re-routed maze. Hardly a slight alteration.

:D

7449da2135dc2edb1c1b887d04dc151c.jpg

Just been released on scaretours

Just seen this on the TowersStreet facebook, thought it looked great...then saw this "prices start from £99 per person"
Wait, what???? From £50 an hour, not a chance!

True but lots of people would pay it and as numbers are limited just like the vip merlin pass they will sell out as some people are happy to pay a premium for a product, it's not for everyone including me but someone will pay.

Things that can be done for around half the cost of Operation Lockout (From £99):

2 People at Escape Live Birmingham from £40
FA Cup Final tickets from £50
Lion King in the West End from £40.20
3 Course Meal at Gordon Ramsay's Savoy Grill from £44
2 Adults Alton Towers All Day Dining from £49.95
Cheeky Nandos for you and your 4 best mates (including sides and soft drinks) from £50
Full day ticket for Europa Park from £30 (leaving £20 for Roland's Moustache Merchandise)
Ticket for One Direction at the O2 from £44.50
London Eye + Madame Tussauds + London Dungeon multiticket from £51

Last edited:
True but lots of people would pay it and as numbers are limited just like the vip merlin pass they will sell out as some people are happy to pay a premium for a product, it's not for everyone including me but someone will pay.
This.
'Supply & demand' people... The same reason why the Hotels are extortionate, if people are paying it, prices will keep going up. I'm almost certain this will sell out. As crap as it is for people who respect money.

£99 for a glorified 2 hour scare maze? What a joke! Clearly some fools will be prepared to pay, not least because there are some somewhat hardcore scare fans in the UK.

I'd love to try it myself as it sounds good and I have no doubts that the team at Towers will do a great job with it. But for £99? Even £80 with discount is a rip off in my eyes. I guess if it was priced for what it's worth there would be too many people wanting to do it.

I have a potentially bigger concern though. This attraction is called Sub Species: Operation Lockdown. In the information released by 'mistake' there was a maze called SUB-Species: The End Games. Now are these both the same thing? Or is one a daytime normal maze that is then utilised for the extreme maze later on? I really hope it is the latter otherwise we continue with a two maze event. That would be extremely disappointing to say the least.

:)

£99 for a glorified 2 hour scare maze? What a joke! Clearly some fools will be prepared to pay, not least because there are some somewhat hardcore scare fans in the UK.

I'd love to try it myself as it sounds good and I have no doubts that the team at Towers will do a great job with it. But for £99? Even £80 with discount is a rip off in my eyes. I guess if it was priced for what it's worth there would be too many people wanting to do it.

I have a potentially bigger concern though. This attraction is called Sub Species: Operation Lockdown. In the information released by 'mistake' there was a maze called SUB-Species: The End Games. Now are these both the same thing? Or is one a daytime normal maze that is then utilised for the extreme maze later on? I really hope it is the latter otherwise we continue with a two maze event. That would be extremely disappointing to say the least.

I believe the experience will be in the End Games maze after hours :)

As long as there are 3 mazes for the main event, as we now all expect!

So this appeared on Twitter, looks legit from the face of it, if anyone remembers the Phalanx account they had before...

https://twitter.com/PhalanxArchive

EDIT: Just read front page news article where the twitter was mentioned already! Whoops

Last edited:
On the positive side it's what everyone wanted a change to scarefest but (a massive wtf but) you can't charge massive amounts more than the likes of universal or Europa who's Halloween events superior