• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

Now it will be interesting to see what Towers announce tomorrow, that hasn't already been *unofficially* announced. :)
if this is what towers had planned to release in sound bites week by week to build us up, well its all ruined now, may as well call the hole thing off, scarefest canceled. #ScarefestSaturday

Well this isn't really going to be common knowledge for the general public (just us geeks that keep an eye on this stuff) so revealing one thing a week will still be good for social media and generate hype/a positive image.

I thought it was getting quite late into the day for the reveal of some information, so I asked Towers on Twitter if any Scarefest information/some news will be released today. They replied with:

S0IJUPb.jpg

No idea what has happened to Scarefest Saturdays, but I am praying that they aren't making any last minute changes or cuts to the line-up. Seems very unprofessional to me, to say Scarefest Saturdays would begin today and so far nothing has been said, and it appears from what they have said they have no intentions to release anything either.

This is disappointing. Really disappointing. Just because an external source has leaked some details, it should not warrant Towers to be arsey about it and not announce anything themselves. I took everything I heard yesterday with a pinch of salt (even though it's pretty likely to be accurate) and was excited to hear an official announcement from Alton Towers themselves. Not impressed.

:(

This is disappointing. Really disappointing. Just because an external source has leaked some details, it should not warrant Towers to be arsey about it and not announce anything themselves. I took everything I heard yesterday with a pinch of salt (even though it's pretty likely to be accurate) and was excited to hear an official announcement from Alton Towers themselves. Not impressed.

:(
like a sad little nerd Ive been checking twitter all morning, and thinking its getting a bit late. maybe they have thrown their toys out the pram and are currenty laying there screaming and blubbing.
#DisapointingScarefestSaturday

like a sad little nerd Ive been checking twitter all morning, and thinking its getting a bit late. maybe they have thrown their toys out the pram and are currenty laying there screaming and blubbing.
#DisapointingScarefestSaturday
Thing is though, they must have released it to some sources as otherwise, how would ScareTOUR have got the information?

Thing is though, they must have released it to some sources as otherwise, how would ScareTOUR have got the information?
unless the person who leeked it to ScareTOUR have been sacked and no one knows the password to their computer to send the #ScarefestSaturday tweets out :rolleyes:

They are probably not releasing information because of 1 of 4 reasons.

• Changing 1 attraction to make ScareTOUR seem unreliable.
  • Making last minute cuts or changes to the line-up due to budget (we've seen this happen before, including last year when Scary Tales was developed virtually the night before and on the morning of the Scarefest reveal in September)
  • Holding back any information for a while due to the release yesterday.
  • They completely forgot about it happening today (unlikely)
Those are my 4 guesses on why nothing has been released. Seems very strange that they so publicly released Scarefest Saturdays, and nothing has come of it. It's not like they have released it to only a few people, the've released this to their entire Facebook fan base, which is over 1.3 million, and also to all their Twitter followers too.

Same reply too.

9GYiPtV.jpg

What is more wrong of them is that they have no intentions of telling the public. They are keeping it quiet so they don't damage their currently heavily-damaged market. Really bad move from Towers, really bad. I do not believe this for a second, they are either holding back the information because of what ScareTOUR released, or what we expected to be an amazing Scarefest is about to be cut and changed either slightly or heaviliy.

If this is because of scareTOUR, i cant see why not to relese it. It is probably only people like us and Alton towers themselves who know about the leak. Anyone COULD have made it up, its not like its anyone who would know it (possibly), i would bet that even most of the staff don't know yet.

well done marketing or whoever decided to ditch #scarefestsaturday. You got people interested (and confused) then decided to stop.

Very strange indeed. Towers' marketing is a bit all over the place this year, not helped of course by The Smiler incident. Why would you plan something one week and then scrap it the next?

I'd be slightly surprised if it was to do with the ScareTOUR leak, it would still need announcing to the public. The cynic in me says there might be late changes on the cards, I hope not though!

:)

Even if it is anything to do with the leaked info or last minute changes, that surely wouldn't stop them from releasing information about one of the smaller, family attractions that remain fairly consistent from year to year?

Just the event's dates or other similar info would be far easier to publish than to deal with the confusion of announcing nothing.

Wow, this is a monumental mardy if it's due to scareTOUR.

The few people who are aware of the leak will be waiting to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, and as for the rest of the GP I'd imagine they're a bit bewildered by this sudden change. Way to reduce peoples trust in you even more merlin!

I'd have thought due to the current lack in visitor numbers they'd be trying to push for scarefest and late season attractions as much as possible. They may as well forget about this summer.