• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

:)

Just thought i would refresh myself. Below is the review that we did on the night. As you see, we dont even realise that the bags are meant to provide sound, we just thought they were to limit the field of view and provide a crime.
18:50 Robert

My review, contains spoilers: Well, for the most part it was certainly a different experience! The bags you wear were certainly an interesting touch, but overall I don't think they really added much as you could clearly see through them. That is, after you escape from the tunnel, since it's not possible to see in frog of yourself while you're on all fours.

After emerging from the tunnel, it's pretty much the same experience as you're just going around being tormented by lost souls. The bags (each of which had a unique crime we had allegedly committed) didn't really do anything at this point. They seemed quite strict though that we didn't take them off, but I'm not really sure why—probably so we don't loose them!

After we get past this bit, our bags are removed and we're presented with our certificates. But the story didn't end there... A brief struggle through lots of rubber blinds, however, and we're out.

Overall, interesting to experience all the new things, but generally disappointing.
taken from http://live.towersnerd.com/?event=33

The Scarefest hearse has made it's 2015 appearance at the bottom of Towers Street. :)

2i8x169.jpg

Picture credit to TTF.

Has anyone googled 'Molly Crow'? It seems it was a 2013 horror film that won some awards. Does this mean that Towers have bought an IP?

The witch's name was actually Molly Leigh so I think there's a possibility that it's just coincidence that they share the same titles name. Unless Towers saw the name and sneakily stole it ;)

Has anyone googled 'Molly Crow'? It seems it was a 2013 horror film that won some awards. Does this mean that Towers have bought an IP?

Not sure they have exactly "bought an IP", the film was a locally made (Burslem, Stoke) low budget movie based around the idea of an actual local legend Molly Leigh returning to be a little troublesome. According to the legend she had a pet blackbird that helped her be all witchy including turning the beer at the pub sour (this is the Stoke equivalent of killing all first born children btw) hence the "Crow" bit.

It's a copy and paste job from Tulley's. Obviously requires zero theming. There will probably be a guide rope or something to hold on to and follow the maze.

+1 on not wanting to wear hoods that have had 5,000 other heads in them.

Poor effort for a maze I think.

I do think it is harsh to judge any of the mazes before they have even been constructed. I agree that a blindfolded maze does sound like a chaper way to do a maze however we do not know how Towers are going to pull it off. If it was a maze where you are blindfolded all of the way through then yes, that would be extremely poor. I like to think that the team at Towers are a little more creative than that.

Not sure if this has been said, but it says on the AT website that in sub species the actors can touch you. It also says that TotT is a "search to locate the lost urban explorers" isn't that the same as last year (I didn't go in the maze but I've heard that is the storyline)?

I imagine in Sub Species: Operation Lockdown, they will be allowed to touch you, in The End Games I doubt it as it will be on a similar level to he other mazes.

As for ToTT, we've been told that it will be a re-route, not necessarily a new concept.

It is end games
Screenshot_2015-08-20-20-58-01_zpsb392u4lh.png

EDIT: sorry for the poor quality. It says "Unlike our other mazes, the creatures may touch you"

Last edited:
Ok that makes more sense. No it doesn't say on the other ones that they will touch you.

personally, i think this is good. Having alternate endings and the actors being allowed to touch makes it sound as though towers are making this extremely realistic. I think sub species will be their most immersive scaremaze yet

If it is used simply to make people feel uncomfortable and is accompanied by someone shouting "boo!!" then this will not add to the experience and in fact make it look worse, a last attempt at getting a scream. If done correctly however, the maze feels more immersive as i find the warnings before the maze ruins the atmosphere slightly and the fact that you know all the way through that the actors can't touch you.

I personally find touching takes me away from the experience. It feels mostly pointless unless you've paid for an extreme experience where physical contact becomes a part of it and you have to sign a disclaimer allowing yourself to be thrown around.

Although it's good to see ents try some new things with the mazes. With this where actors can touch you, alternative endings, plus the whole blindfold thing for the other maze, ents are finally being allowed to experiment and try things that have never been done before at Towers. Which is pretty exciting when we've had a pretty stagnant event for some time now.