• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

What did I just watch? Sorry, just looks like something that was produced in my year 7 ICT class. I feel bad for moaning but that was pretty darn poor, doesn't leave a good impression.

However, some of the stuff announced sounds exciting and I'm really happy scarefest is being updated and given some tlc. :D

They really should think about putting up fencing so no one can see what's going on. Disney do it, the voice between the biggest entertainment company in the world and the 2nd best is ginormous

Been poking my head through some fences today, here's a few pics. Firstly, the bridge being built outside the towers.
11880176_1147583171923486_350932_n.jpg

Now for some Zombies stuff that still seems to be lying around, although I imagine it's probably going to get used this year with Sub Species or something.
11880129_1147583178590152_1642678865_n.jpg

11911533_1147583185256818_1031228042_n.jpg

11880881_1147583205256816_519994717_n.jpg

11908205_1147583211923482_516417107_n.jpg

Bus could easily be repurposed as a sort of representation ofthe Nemesis vehicle, don't really see it as a thing owned by the Phalanx though. But I'm sure some of the zombie tours around the UK would take it if its not just being left around in or for storage.

I think they'll repurpose it for something, there's usually Scarefest stuff down where COS when it went through Goal Striker, maybe they're using that for something for this year.

The bus and various other zombie stuff have been there all season.

By the looks of it, the maze with multiple endings will go near where that new bridge has been built, as the blue markings look just like shipping containers, and they all seem to go around in a circle.

This would work as sub species is set in sewers and as has already been mentioned, the bridge leads to the lower rooms of the towers

Forbidden Valley : Dark Apocalypse's description sounds very zombie-like. Maybe they'll use the stuff then?

So, The Haunting, if your gonna get hooded and blindfolded for the entire maze... whats the point?
is the whole group blindfolded,
how do you know where to go if you cant see?!
Im confused, again o_O

^ This. Also, how will they enforce you having the hood on? They can't touch you, so if you didn't want it on, and took it off half way through, all you'd get is a few loud, empty threats from the actors.

After the mention of "They're giving people hoods so that they don't need to theme the maze or give actors makeup or a costume" that really made me reevaluate the Haunting maze, it's a clever idea but seems more like a clever money saving idea.

^ This. Also, how will they enforce you having the hood on? They can't touch you, so if you didn't want it on, and took it off half way through, all you'd get is a few loud, empty threats from the actors.
Well no the can't physically enforce it but as with every maze rule they would be more within their rights to stop the attraction and have you removed.

After the mention of "They're giving people hoods so that they don't need to theme the maze or give actors makeup or a costume" that really made me reevaluate the Haunting maze, it's a clever idea but seems more like a clever money saving idea.
If it means they can provide a new extra attraction that budget otherwise wouldn't have allowed this isn't exactly a bad thing surely.

If it means they can provide a new extra attraction that budget otherwise wouldn't have allowed this isn't exactly a bad thing surely.
That's a very valid argument, I'm struggling to make a decision about how I feel myself.

It'll be a bit embarrassing when you take your hood off and realise the 'maze' is in one large room where you've been walking around in circles, there are two speakers and a cd player in the corner, and you can see 4 teenagers in jeans and t-shirts going 'boo' to guests with hoods on. :p

I'm interested in seeing how they pull it off, what area it will cover and how they will guide you so you can walk. When I read about the hoods/blindfold thing 'cheap' came straight to mind. Who knows though, it could be a good experience depending on how it's executed.