• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

A couple of new Scarefest promotional images:

10888800_10153384136708185_3651771276622450848_n.jpg

11270339_10153384144628185_1100328033282288551_o.jpg

I particularly like the thrill version. There had better be a new maze this year, if not I simply will not be paying to do the same two yet again. If I was a betting man I'd expect TotT to return and a new maze in place of The Sanctuary.

:)

But there is a stupid, unnecessarily placed kid right in your face, that compensates surely!? :p

I would equally expect TotT and Zombies to return, however Sanctuary could be replaced with a full Scary Tales maze given its popularity last year. :)

I think they family image has been displayed on park since the start of the season? Or a similar version anyway.

I quite like the new style they have, where they look more drawn, rather than badly photo shopped.

Big 6 themed scarefest. Know they wouldn't have 6 mazes but still...

The smiler: Probably still end up with sanctuary for smiler

Oblivion: based around fear of falling/fear of being forgotten. Obviously with 3d effects painted on the floor to look like holes and would have to feature Lord of darkness. Ends with being trapped in a cage above a bottomless tunnel (which is really an illusion missing mirrors)

Nemesis: Phalanx are trying to stop nemesis alien that is escaping. Lots of effects including giant alien. Each person gets a laser gun and go into a maze where they must shoot at the other team who's mind is being "controlled" by the alien.

Air: hard to make anything scary out of this but maybe a scare zone with mutant birds (trying to keep with the theme of flying and can't think of anything better :p)

Rita: maze where you must find your way through the dark forest and ends with the "you must escape go go go!" Announcement that means everyone must Sprint out of the maze.

Th13teen: (a replacement for TotT) the forest has begun to take over more of the park and the towers are full of wraiths and trees.

Everyone who goes into the Maze gets a fast track for the ride (or discount for one) they can use on their next visit
I know it wouldn't happen and it would mean losing the existing mazes but with the state of scarefest at the moment it might be at the point where it needs to be changed completely.

I remember the post-Scarefest 2014 survey - it specifically asked about the best aspects of Scarefest. I ranked riding in the dark at the top, given the decreasing quality of mazes in the last couple of years. Seems as though most others did too, they're now basing the marketing around it!

I remember the post-Scarefest 2014 survey - it specifically asked about the best aspects of Scarefest. I ranked riding in the dark at the top, given the decreasing quality of mazes in the last couple of years. Seems as though most others did too, they're now basing the marketing around it!

I believe that is always what comes out on top. The positive is that it means 9pm ride closed will remain as if it was 8pm or earlier guest numbers would fall due to a significant loss in time available for dark riding. The negative is that it does not give Merlin any incentive to make more money available for scare attractions - if guests say they aren't going for them then the budget will just be reduced.

Do we know how the scare mazes do financially? Do they make a decent profit or just get by? I've always been interested in how the mazes do in that way.

I think the main issue with mazes is that generally people just don't have a clue what they are getting themselves in for. I've taken friends with me who have had no clue what a scare maze is, and it's not until I force the money out of them and they experience the mazes they actually rate it just as much if not higher than riding coasters in the dark.

I would have thought they make a tidy profit. Looking at the queues for ToTT and Sanctuary over the years, surely they have to be making about £10k a day over scarefest from maze tickets alone.....

It dawned on me yesterday, that now The Smiler is closed and all branding removed for the foreseeable future, does this not mean that The Sanctuary is almost definitely not returning this Scarefest?

Well the Sanctuary is its own attraction in a way, so I doubt it will not return (assuming there are no changes this year of course).

If The Sanctuary does not return it will have nothing at all to do with The Smiler. I personally think it has run its course and bringing it back again would be of no interest to me.

Agreed with Rob, The Sanctuary has run its course now and a total new idea is due.

Hopefully it'll also keep that odd 'cult following' the maze has at Scarefest quiet.

What they said. Everything had run its course. The Sanctuary and ToTT snore city.
Need something new and exciting.
Scarytales was a refreshing and welcome change last year.
Last year I struggled to persuade my friends to do the paid mazes. They argued, been there, done that it's boring and waste of money.
I couldn't find a good response to that.
Lets hope they have good plans for this one :)