• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

Maybe Heritage Restoration are finally getting some work done after 15 years.

I'll see myself out...

Maybe Heritage Restoration are finally getting some work done after 15 years.

I'll see myself out...
hahano.gif

Excellent! Genuinely excited to see what they have in store for us this year, I am pretty confident that it won't be another re-hash of the last few years.

:)

If we have at least one new maze or a new TOTT story/theme I will be amazed. :p

I guess if they're announcing things on Saturdays for a few weeks/months they must have something new planned for this year. Not going to get my hopes up though.

I wonder if any last minute changes will be happening due to the Smiler crash, since Scarefest and Fireworks will be the best time for them to boost guest figures and give off a positive image.

Chances are, they will get rid of the sanctuary. It has to much bad pr potential. Hopefully, TotT will go or have a totally new storyline. This is looking more likely, after the "scarefest preparations" that ment that the towers had to be shut to guests.

It's a wise choice doing it every Saturday, and I agree with others that I suspect something new must be in the pipeline. I'd say Scary Tales and Zombies will return, but both mazes (Terror and Sanctuary) will be changed or have their stories changed.

I'd say the Scarefest Saturday thing has probably been chosen because of the Big Six not continuing, and so marketing are probably looking at the events (Scarefest & Fireworks) to, as already stated, boost guest numbers and to round off the year with a positive, so people return the following season. It seems they are really pushing out on Scarefest this year, and I hope they make a mini-site again with the adverts for the mazes, the games and the countdown calender, as those were extremely effective in building up to the event in my opinion, all of which seemed to of not returned last year or the previous year, where both events seemed half-arsed with limited enthusiasm from marketing or entertainments, more so last year than any year.

But with Scarefest Saturdays, it seems that they really want to push the event out to make people go back again. The fact on its own things are already planned and ready to be revealed suggests they are more prepared and things have been approved (such as their main plans, for example a new maze or such), probably because Merlin & higher-end managers are desperate for the guests to return so will approve anything for the events or give a bigger budget, which is good for us.

There is alot of building work going on in the tott area, men in hi vis vests n hard hats wandering about making noise.
May not be related and they're just doing normal maintenance work ... Or are they creating something special.. :)

I think we all really want Scarefest to be something special, and I really do think Towers will want to push for it with all the bad press they've been getting. I think this is going to be the best Scarefest we've had for a couple of years.

Scarefest never disappoints me. Towers at its best.
I agree. From someone who is terrified of anything mildly haunting, I never do the scare mazes, and last year was the first (and only) time I did the scare zones. Horrible experience! I love Scarefest for the completely different atmosphere and seeing the park at night with ambient lighting, Towers Street especially.

I can see why a lot of people get annoyed at the same paid for attractions year upon year, particularly with the ever-increasing pricing for these things!

Is scarefest one of the excluded dates for a regular merlin pass. I think fright nights at thorpe is.

Is scarefest one of the excluded dates for a regular merlin pass. I think fright nights at thorpe is.
Nope, you can use your Merlin Annual Pass or Alton Towers Annual Pass for Scarefest. Thorpe just have restricted numbers due to the popularity : park size ratio. :)