• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

Couple of pics from yesterday
lighting mounts in the moat
P1180974.JPG

P1180975.JPG

P1180976.JPG

A look inside the misplaced door
P1180980.JPG

A workman taking what looked like metal cable frames into the towers. (either that or doing the birdy song)
P1180983.JPG

A closeup and less blurred look at the metal cable framing
P1180984.JPG

A couple around the crates with some horrendous lens flairs but I was uber hungover so this was how the world looked on Sunday.
P1180985.JPG

P1180987.JPG

P1180992.JPG

Was taking to a member of staff yesterday. Apparently there's a tunnel that leads to the staff car park and that's being used for one of the mazes. Assuming it's the two hour experience one.

Well they messed that up. Steps and door don't line up. Muppets
A2CA069B-7B67-4B1F-A458-2C137CCD7791_zpsciw5254o.jpg

EDIT:
what to they expect you to do, all pile down the steps and smack into the side of the crate, its not gonna b easy to move either with all the other crates around it.

Or that's where they intended it to be?

Considering as has already been said that container was used for carnival it's hardly rocket science to cut a new door, or the perspective of the camera makes the clearance look smaller.

Just a thought :)

The clearance is really small, a person could squeeze through but only just.

The shipping containers do, though, all look empty. So we are not 'plumbing into an existing piece of scenery' so My guess is that the door that is shown will possably be an actor run and a new door will be cut.

OK I'm going to be thick here, what does CDM stand for - none of my guesses sound plausable?
Construction Design and Management? (googles response)
Contaminated Door Mouse?
Craft, Design and Making?
Canable Detention Marquee?
Cake, Donuts and Marzipan?
Cold, Dismal Marketing?
Computer Dismantling Manikins?

Seems an odd thing to warn about, so what they are saying by this sign is.

Only restricted people are allowed as we are designing some construction and managing that design.

Seems to me that the most dangrous thing that will happen is that a compass will fall on your foot or you will be hit by a low flying protractor.

OK maybe I am just getting old. Signs weren't like this when I were a lad, "Keep off the Grass" actually meant something.

Asked the guys at work. CDM means you have to pass a test to prove you know how to use PPE... but no one can remember what it stands for. :p

The HSE said:
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015

The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) came into force in Great Britain on 6 April 2015. They set out what people involved in construction work need to do to protect themselves from harm and anyone the work affects.

Whatever your role in construction, CDM aims to improve health and safety in the industry by helping you to:

• sensibly plan the work so the risks involved are managed from start to finish
  • have the right people for the right job at the right time
  • cooperate and coordinate your work with others
  • have the right information about the risks and how they are being managed
  • communicate this information effectively to those who need to know
  • consult and engage with workers about the risks and how they are being managed
CDM 2015 is subject to certain transitional arrangements, for construction projects that began before 6 April 2015 and continue beyond that date.

HSE has published Legal Series guidance that supports CDM 2015 and explains it in more detail. HSE will seek views later in 2015 on whether to replace this guidance with an Approved Code of Practice, which many in the industry indicated they would prefer in the 2014 public consultation.

Information on the legal requirements and a timeline of how the changes came about is also available.

From the HSE.

I imagine it's just to say that you've got to have signed this piece of paper before you can come in. :p

Nice to see they'll be throwing some actors down in Gloomy Wood! Family ents is very strong this year.

Nice to see they'll be throwing some actors down in Gloomy Wood! Family ents is very strong this year.
Indeed!

The family line-up this year consists of:

Shows
  • Kelvin's Spooky Storytime (front lawns)
  • Patch's Trick or Treat Party (front lawns)
  • Phil and Franklyn's Ghoul School (front lawns)
Spooky Fun
  • The Alton Ancestors (Towers Street I presume)
  • Gloomy Wood Alive (Gloomy Wood)
  • Spooktacular Fancy Dress Competition (front lawns)
It shall be interesting to see whether they have anything family orientated in Fountain Square this year. I felt the atmosphere with the Trick or Treat stage there last year was amazing!

:)

Updated their website now to show family stuff. Looks like they have a really good selection this year.

Is my that ancestors in gloomy wood? Sorry if I'm wrong I've only skimmed the website.

Updated their website now to show family stuff. Looks like they have a really good selection this year.

Is my that ancestors in gloomy wood? Sorry if I'm wrong I've only skimmed the website.
No that's Towers Street. The flags are a giveaway and the building in the background does not appear anywhere in Gloomy Wood. The Ancestors were also on Towers Street last year, so I can only make an educated guess that these photos were taken then. :)

It would be a shame to see nothing going on in Fountain Square this year. I thought the family additions around there really gave the area an atmosphere.

Although some family offerings being on the lawns makes sense what with CBeebies Land being near.

I know the photo is in towers street, but under the photo of duel it says:
" Halloween is here and the Alton Ancestors are celebrating in style! Join them as they bring Gloomy Wood ALIVE!"

It could be both like last year though