• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

Some people touched my head but no crows, just asked the guys I came with and we didn't feel the molly finale room vibrate :(

To be honest I don't think the story is conveyed that well at all.

Like, it starts, she's alive, as you walk through, there's some weird chatter about her speaking to birds and generally being a bit weird and supernatural, then she has an exorcism, then she dies, then you get to the end and she chases you. Are the actors like her dad supposed to be ghosts or is she making you listen or what?

Ahh ok, regardless though I thought it was done very well. And yeah I thought the room shook!!

With regards the music, can't do anything about the hotel can you lol ;) The show in ATH was pretty dire both nights, bring back the band and the proper Scarefest show with all the scary outfits!! And then at 10:30, it stops, no background music, nothing! Just........ silence.

I'm saying nothing.

To be honest I don't think the story is conveyed that well at all.

Like, it starts, she's alive, as you walk through, there's some weird chatter about her speaking to birds and generally being a bit weird and supernatural, then she has an exorcism, then she dies, then you get to the end and she chases you. Are the actors like her dad supposed to be ghosts or is she making you listen or what?
Can I ask how you would make it better if you were to change it. Other than a slightly longer finale, I can't think of anything.

Well, I'm on park tomorrow for first time since July and I can't wait.

Looking forward to Nemesis, Air and Oblivion.

When 13 first launched I didn't think it was worthy of the SW tag, but I was wrong... the marketing set it up for a fall, but it's grown on me. A fun coaster that I expect to be way better on my first ride in the dark.

I just don't get Rita, it does nothing for me, but I will give her another chance. Love the ambience of the park at night especially Katanga Canyon all lit up with my joint favourine AT music playing.

OK, it's EMBARRASSING admission time. I love Patch and Friends Trick or Treat Party and will no doubt be dancing to the music on at least 2 showings. It's a guilty pleasure full of colour, fun and atmosphere and it's wasted on today's kids who can't see beyond the screens on their iphones.

Looking forward to a GREAT Scarefest!

Hotel ents is a mess.

Which is a shame because park entertainments is great and improving year on year. The hotels (ATH moreso) seems to be all over the place. Kids stuff is spot on to be honest, family/adult entertainment is awful. The band and fully themed shows (with costumes) improved ATH to no end these past few years. No we're back at square one of pretty mediocre offerings. They need to get entertainment going longer too. Shows finishing at 10:30pm during Scarefest is awful, if you're in the theme park and leave at 9-9:30pm by the time you get to the hotels there is nothing to see or do! Have live shows running till around 11-11:30pm, then quiet music playing with the bar open till 1-2am.

Well, I'm on park tomorrow for first time since July and I can't wait.

Looking forward to Nemesis, Air and Oblivion.

When 13 first launched I didn't think it was worthy of the SW tag, but I was wrong... the marketing set it up for a fall, but it's grown on me. A fun coaster that I expect to be way better on my first ride in the dark.

I just don't get Rita, it does nothing for me, but I will give her another chance. Love the ambience of the park at night especially Katanga Canyon all lit up with my joint favourine AT music playing.

OK, it's EMBARRASSING admission time. I love Patch and Friends Trick or Treat Party and will no doubt be dancing to the music on at least 2 showings. It's a guilty pleasure full of colour, fun and atmosphere and it's wasted on today's kids who can't see beyond the screens on their iphones.

Looking forward to a GREAT Scarefest!
Loved Rita and thirteen in the dark and the latter is really dark

Hotel ents is a mess.

Which is a shame because park entertainments is great and improving year on year. The hotels (ATH moreso) seems to be all over the place. Kids stuff is spot on to be honest, family/adult entertainment is awful. The band and fully themed shows (with costumes) improved ATH to no end these past few years. No we're back at square one of pretty mediocre offerings. They need to get entertainment going longer too. Shows finishing at 10:30pm during Scarefest is awful, if you're in the theme park and leave at 9-9:30pm by the time you get to the hotels there is nothing to see or do! Have live shows running till around 11-11:30pm, then quiet music playing with the bar open till 1-2am.

Totally agree - it was dire. Those two singers need to go from weekends. Ok, have them Mon - Thurs but get the old group back Fri - Sun, and the band moreso at events like Scarefest. I understand there were complaints from the rooms near the atrium, but this could be easily avoided by putting families away from this area. ATH is now classed as the premium hotel (anyone noticed the restaurant prices have also gone up?!) but that doesnt mean it has to be boring and dull.

In the summer we watched 2 nights of the show in ATH - same songs both nights. We had the SAME songs again these two nights for Scarefest. Their "acting" between songs each night was the same and did my ruddy head in. I've never seen the hotel so empty and quiet. Splash Landings is rammed - theres no seats available!!! Their bar takings must be through the roof!

Those two girls need to go at weekends and at event times - get the band back, get the singers back and theme it to match the event. Ok, so let it finish at 11 - but then at least have some background music on.... doent have to be loud, but some music at least. Finally, the service still needs to be improved. The 2nd bar was open in ATH on Saturday, with just one person serving. Its is to be a premium hotel it needs to have table service at the very least!!!!

We rode Ripsaw on Sunday 18th and Monday 19th and both days it was on a pretty disappointing cycle, didn't even fully invert on Monday!
Literally came off crying last Sunday (18th) had to sit down a while. Couldn't move my legs properly for 15 minutes it was that intense. Might be wrong (I'm check the video when I'm home) but I think it inverted 5 or 6 times and hung upside down once, and did lots of flyovers. Very intense cycle.

Can I ask how you would make it better if you were to change it. Other than a slightly longer finale, I can't think of anything.

Hope you don't mind me chipping in on this. Our group spoke about how Molly could be improved and decided that:

1. Change the flooring in places to make it more unnerving. Sponge flooring, sand etc, just to make it feel different
2. More use of different lighting in parts of the maze which could penetrate through the hoods
3. The rope needs adjusting on the tight corners, it was difficult to follow in places
4. Split up the groups or have your hand removed from the rope temporarily to disorientate and unsettle
5. Some smoke/mist in the finale.

By the way, I didnt mention it, but we all loved the entrance route into the maze, with the old style lights and the music playing in the background with Mollie's poem. The hosts being dressed accordingly also contributed to the atmosphere.

ave your hand removed from the rope temporarily to disorientate and unsettle
This happened to me a couple of times because my friend in front of me was trying to run and get out so I kept having to take my hand of the rope so I could keep up with her. Don't think health and safety Would like the idea of having a group of scared, blind people being chased around a confined space by actors much though :p

Good ideas though. I just think it's easy to say the maze can be better, but a lot harder to say why.

Right, here's my two pennies worth about the event

Terror of the Towers
Our group felt very rushed, we didn't get our photograph taken, and we were constantly being hurried along by the actors in the mazes which made it feel very disappointing compared to all the other mazes where we were allowed to take our time in the maze. The worse out of the three.

The Haunting of Molly Crow

This was really well done, the way we were blindfolded, the actors touching not feeling rough but adding to the experience. I agree with other comments on the rope, I lost the rope a few times at the sharp corners, the ending was pretty good, the girl made me jump a few times, the strobes help and then I hurt my shoulder as we all ran through the exit door... Second best out of the three

Sub Species: The end games

I was second in the group for this, the person in front of me got dragged through the door at the end of the first corridor, I was made to follow after him, the people behind me got sent through a different door so I have no idea what happened to them. I followed the corridor round and into a dark room that was pitch black, I stumbled around in this room for what felt like forever. After walking into several posts and bits of rope I found the exit and was sent into the tunnel. At this point I had caught the person in front of me up and went to follow him straight on but got pushed right and through a different tunnel, I felt somebody catch my shoe, not certain if it was an actor or not but it added to the experience. After another eternity following the tunnel through twists and turns I exited the tunnel. Moved through the maze and after a few more people stuck there heads in my face, I ended up at the chainsaw exit. This was the most terrified I've ever felt, after a few attempts, I legged it pass the bloke and out the maze. Best maze by far...

I also got chased by the guy with the chainsaw in Dark apocalypse, which was definitely improved compared to the first time I did it on the first weekend of Scarefest.

Also, after hearing the music on Towers street this evening, I was really impressed by the spooky rendition of ITHOTMK I think it was, it really added to the atmosphere, the entire thing felt great and suited the place great.

Hope you don't mind me chipping in on this. Our group spoke about how Molly could be improved and decided that:

1. Change the flooring in places to make it more unnerving. Sponge flooring, sand etc, just to make it feel different
2. More use of different lighting in parts of the maze which could penetrate through the hoods
3. The rope needs adjusting on the tight corners, it was difficult to follow in places
4. Split up the groups or have your hand removed from the rope temporarily to disorientate and unsettle
5. Some smoke/mist in the finale.

By the way, I didnt mention it, but we all loved the entrance route into the maze, with the old style lights and the music playing in the background with Mollie's poem. The hosts being dressed accordingly also contributed to the atmosphere.

1. H&S
2. It's been tried
3. Maybe
4. Batching nightmare
5. Would not clear in time for the next group

Right, here's my two pennies worth about the event

Also, after hearing the music on Towers street this evening, I was really impressed by the spooky rendition of ITHOTMK I think it was, it really added to the atmosphere, the entire thing felt great and suited the place great.

Yep - Hall of the Mountain King. Thanks!

I've loved Scarefest this year anyway but visiting Thorpe Park on Sunday for Fright Nights made me appreciate it even more. Fright Nights is a perfect example of how not to do a scare event whereas Scarefest is the total opposite.

I didn't think that I would be saying this but I am pleased that all three mazes at Towers are paid mazes; it results in shorter queues. Fright Nights shows what happens when you have free mazes in such an event, queues of 120 minutes, madness!

:)

Totally Agree Rob. I have been really unimpressed with Frightnights this year. When you do get into the mazes they are short and have the same 'boo' scare in all of them. No variety.

I genuinly love the fact that each of the mazes at Towers are poles apart.
TOT= Boo jumps
Sub Species = Panic yelling and directing. "Go that way run run run" kind of thing
Molly = sensory deprivation story telling.

I also think the scare zones work as well as the previous years zones. Of course I would like a bit of extra theming in dark forest and I am not sure the bridge is the best place for it.

I also loved the ancestors. The ladies are really really fun this year and the fact that they do mini flash mobs in the afternoon near duel is also excellent.

I also loved that fact that on sunday the park felt full again. I even got to winge about queueing, something I haven't done for a while.

My only negative comments for the whole attraction are:
  • The top of forbidden vally is wonderfully beautiful, but you get to nemesis and find white lights. Yes I know it's a H&S issue but it is a real shame.
    P1190685.JPG
  • There isnt a free maze. I heard this over and over agian from people who had just turned up for a day at the park. "Ohh the mazes are sold out. is there a free maze" or "i've never done a maze, is there a free one". Can we get an EXTRA free maze, just for this kind of guest
  • I would love there to be too much to do in 1 night that would entice people to come back for a 2nd night. So another maze and another

The free maze bit is something I was talking to my friends about this weekend. I recall when ToTT was a free maze, and the queues for it used to be huge, signalling just how popular such a maze is. With previous years, this was replaced by the likes of Zombies scare zone and Scary Tales. Personally, I would have loved to have seen Scary Tales return this year, maybe that could have been the free maze, in place of the scare zone by Rita.....