• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

I would prefer to see a mixture next year, the scare zones we have this year, the one by rita extended into dark forest and then a return of either Zombies or Scary Tales

Legoland was playing the music from duel at the "begining" on Saturday it seems that's what passes for their scary music!

Legoland was playing the music from duel at the "begining" on Saturday it seems that's what passes for their scary music!
And the haunted hollow music. Tbh, most of their music was either owned by merlin, royalty free or cheep Halloween music. At least towers had music composed especially for the event and it really made a difference.

Further to @Rob 's post, after visiting Fright Nights on Sunday, I'm starkly reminded how much their event has declined.

Towers have quite simply hit the nail on the head this year!

Have to admit, I like the idea of adding in a 'medium level' free scarezone-cross-maze. Something like that really would complete the offering and satisfy the penny pinchers!

Yes. It's currently uploaded to the Alton Towers' audio server where it will stay! :)

Nick, I don't want to sound harsh, and I think you're a talented guy and I'm glad you get to work with Alton. I've also appreciated some of the insight. But is it really sensible, within the industry, to interact with your audience at this level? Just a thought.

Nick, I don't want to sound harsh, and I think you're a talented guy and I'm glad you get to work with Alton. I've also appreciated some of the insight. But is it really sensible, within the industry, to interact with your audience at this level? Just a thought.

I think its jolly nice that a person from the industry has taken the time to join the forum and contribute to it, in addition to answering questions and offering suggestions based on our feedback to Towers with regards the audio. Surely we dont want to discourage people like this from being a contributor to the forums..... I agree with Diogo above, keep it up Nick :)

OK, cool, fair enough. Just my personal view (as an artist myself) that it's probably best to maintain a bit of professional distance between fan and creator.

I like Nick coming by and chatting about non sensitive info about the music. Also, i believe he is getting feedback from us. He sits in an office somewhere and creates it, it must be good to listen to us see what parts are good and bad, so he can put the feedback into the next scarefest track.

If all the Scarefest audio was composed by an employee and not some company that owns the rights to it, would this not be an ideal time to trial a theme park CD to sell?

If all the Scarefest audio was composed by an employee and not some company that owns the rights to it, would this not be an ideal time to trial a theme park CD to sell?
Would it be only us who buy it though is the only problem I can see. I'm not sure the gp would buy themepark music.

sell the mp3 files via AT's online shop would make the level of buying by enthusiasts cost affective.

Theme parks around the world have been selling CDs since the dawn of time. So there must be people out there willing to buy CDs. Towers could easily trial a CD (or Scarefest CD in this case) with a limited edition run. Wouldn't cost that much to produce.

CDs would probably sell better than most of the rubbish you find in the shops on park anyway.

I like the idea of buying music online, if producing CDs wouldn't be welcomed.