• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2016

Well, there was that maze a couple of years ago (Project Fear I think? I never did it) that supposedly sent you through solo, and at one point waterboarded you....

Yeah Project Fear! I didn't get the chance to do it either but from what I heard, apart from the waterboarding most of it would be pretty tame compared to some of the extreme mazes now.

care but one of the biggest scares I've ever had was the bus scene on the very last Field of 1000 Screams maze. A very, very intense ending.

Oh my god yes, so very very VERY good. Also I can't remember if that was the same Field where you had a barn scene with meat bags hanging from the ceiling and zombies around the external of the building, you were told to crouch and be silent - then the zombies were banging on the walls.
I miss field :(

Touching for me is a bit meh, having once been licked on the face in a maze I just found it a bit cringeworthy. I can take it or leave it, i don't mind the odd bit of interaction but going more physical just makes me wonder how many people do the same back to the actors.

I've always found it a bit unfair that you can't "touch" them back, Totally understandable from a security point of view, but it'd be nice if we were allowed to get in to character a bit as well.

Personally, I found Psychomantium to be the least enjoyable part of Scare Kingdom.

Oh my god yes, so very very VERY good. Also I can't remember if that was the same Field where you had a barn scene with meat bags hanging from the ceiling and zombies around the external of the building, you were told to crouch and be silent - then the zombies were banging on the walls.
I miss field :(

It's the same maze, but I think that scene was from year 2 which would have been 2008. The 3rd one with the bus scene I actually found to be the weakest of them all but that ending was absolutely epic. First year was amazing.

I do love how the story and scenes evolved each year, kinda like sequels with the same theme but a new maze, something which NONE of the other mazes have done except for a little bit in The Sanctuary where they changed Dr Kelman's character after The Smiler opened.

I never really rated Field, I did it 2 years and the runs were always just okay for me.

I miss year one Boiler House where you had to crawl through vents and it was so well themed.

That's what I miss, mazes with actual characters. Think that's the reason Boiler House was so good, you weren't walking around with some teenagers shouting boo at you, you were running away from two characters with a story behind them. Boiler House was such a simple theme, with the focus on two characters, yet it was a very atmospheric and tense maze, a maze like that shows how a good maze isn't always about what the actors do. It's about creating an experience that relies on many effects to create something very tense and scary.

On the subject of touching, I find it overrated and personally feel it should be left to extreme experiences where people want it to go that far.

To prevent this from drifting further off topic I have removed a few posts that were not really related to Scarefest.

Thanks.

:)

The boiler house was excellent when it was at the Hotels, I wasn't so much of a fan in the BH tent tbh.

The atmosphere around the hotels after dark was second to none. Even when carnival was first there. Its just not the same on park. Especially, as someone previously mentioned, there is now nothing going on a the hotels for scarefest it seems barring a few pumpkins.

The boiler house was excellent when it was at the Hotels, I wasn't so much of a fan in the BH tent tbh.

The atmosphere around the hotels after dark was second to none. Even when carnival was first there. Its just not the same on park. Especially, as someone previously mentioned, there is now nothing going on a the hotels for scarefest it seems barring a few pumpkins.

I agree.The hotels have completely gone to sh*t. Not just with Scarefest but everything. The atmosphere around the hotels was always the highlight of my stay, at any time although Scarefest back in the day was the best, but now it's just dead and uncomfortable.

Recently, was there the first week of summer hols and the fountain in ATH was turned off at 10, poor quality karaoke act off by 10.15 and then all was silent.

The hotel's now are absolutely atrocious. Merlin has well and truly done a great job of destroying them.

Well themed speakers have been installed :)
Cpu5KhkWAAEH-_H

*edit: first thought this was the TLC thread*

Are the speakers playing anything? Don't fit into x-sector very well (or any area really, though I doubt you'd notice in dark forrest)

Does this suggest that one of the mazes will use the molly crowe entrance? Two possibilities I can see are the entrance for sub species has been moved so they don't need to put up shipping containers, or that skin snatchers will take place in the towers (which I'd be slightly disappointed about, would have liked to of tried a maze outside the towers).

Maybe this is telling us something about scarefests budget this year. Who needs the themed atmosphere and hidden speakers that molly crowe's queue line had last year?

My first scarefest this year so don't know what to expect. The speakers don't look to bad but I don't see why they can't theme them? They could always just use them again next year even just painting them black would help.

I agree.The hotels have completely gone to sh*t. Not just with Scarefest but everything. The atmosphere around the hotels was always the highlight of my stay, at any time although Scarefest back in the day was the best, but now it's just dead and uncomfortable.

Recently, was there the first week of summer hols and the fountain in ATH was turned off at 10, poor quality karaoke act off by 10.15 and then all was silent.

The hotel's now are absolutely atrocious. Merlin has well and truly done a great job of destroying them.
Harsh. I stayed at ATH back in May and loved it. The Moon Voyager rooms are fantastic.

Harsh. I stayed at ATH back in May and loved it. The Moon Voyager rooms are fantastic.

Yeah the rooms are fine, and to be fair ATH still has the nicest rooms out of all 3 accommodation options, but I mean't the atmosphere and "magic" around the hotels.

I mean what is up with ATH shutting down at 10pm? I remember when entertainment was on until 11pm and the bar would stay open until 1am. And the outdoor fountains would run all night!

Not sure if this is the right place to post but going to Scarefest with my family for the first time and wondering if it is possible to avoid the scare zones.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is the right place to post but going to Scarefest with my family for the first time and wondering if it is possible to avoid the scare zones.
In 2014, they were easily avoidable due to them essentially being outdoor mazes (not free-flow!), but then last year they took up a large portion of Forbidden Valley and Dark Forest. There was an easy way to avoid the FV one (by going round past the food outlets - looks to be exactly the same this year), but with the DF scare zone being removed, it's being replaced with Freak Show, located next to the Hospitality Suite. As such, I would have though Freak Show will follow the same route that Scary Tales did in 2014, but if not, you may have to walk around the lawns and back in front of the Towers.

TL;DR: There are ways to avoid them.

:)