• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2016

From Alton towers facebook:
it's back! Terror of the towers what lies within.
Uncover a dark and horrifying secret, hidden for centuries. It is said that vampires infest the towers and haunt the living. Dare you brave the rubble and hazards of the ruins and uncover the chilling terror that lies within?

(Please note: this maze is recommended for those over 15yrs)
Key word: "recommended" for those over 15.

I'm guessing the maze will be identical to last year, but maybe more emphasis on vampires as that wasn't clear last year.

Fairly sure Skin Snatchers is a "must" be 15 or over, other two are recommended. Could be in for the scariest maze ever at towers.

I wouldn't overhype it as the scariest maze they've ever produced. It's certainly what they might want you to believe at this stage when there's only a brief plot to go off, but whether they can actually deliver that or not remains to be seen. I really can't envision it to be more nerve gripping than Sub Species at its best last year.

Fairly sure Skin Snatchers is a "must" be 15 or over, other two are recommended. Could be in for the scariest maze ever at towers.
I thought both sub species and skin snatchers were "must"? Either way, at least this means we have at least one intense maze, hopefully not going in lines. Does suggest to me that TotT will be disapointingly tame this year, but it's always been the less scary option. Hopefully the other two will be as good as end games last year or better. I have high hopes for skin snatchers.

Two scare zones. Dark Apocalypse is back whilst Carnival's props are inevitably going to be rolled out in Freak Show:

13767397_10154162209261201_2433342370285235238_o.jpg

I wonder whether freak show will be like dark apocalypse or whether it will be dedicated scare zone like zombies was.. I hope for the later as the scare zones didn't do much for me last year, they definitely weren't scary.

'Freak Show' should provide the 'writers' at The Sun with some fuel to stoke the dwindling Alton fire....

"INCONSIDERATE THEME PARK MAIMS DEATH COASTER RIDERS THEN OPENS 'FREAK SHOW' ATTRACTION"

Love that logo for Freak Show. Could be very nicely themed with the old carnival props.

It's disappointing that TOTT will be staying the same AGAIN. To be honest I would have rather seen Molly stay, no new mazes and just seen TOTT with a complete overhaul to bring it up to date.

Speaking of carnival, I've heard that there will be a clown scare zone where goal strikers is (not a maze), featuring the audio and many props from carnival. These are all bits I've heard from the social groups I loiter with, and whilst I have zero evidence of their validity, it is still exciting to begin speculating.

Seems the community was right!

Anyone else think that the logo looks like the joker? Just me?

Glad it's dark apocalypse returning not nox infernus. Would rather see something new replace it but I did like DA last year. Actually found it quite scary at some times, much more so than TotT. They seem to go for people much more if they're filming (which I was), alone (which I was, thanks to my group who didn't want to go in), or a teenage girl (which I am). Nothing on the levels of sub species, but the chainsaw zombie in particular gave a few frights.

Description of mazes:
Freak show
A travelling side-show of circus rejects has descended upon the Alton towers resort. Dare you walk amongst the freakishly fascinating misfits, desperate for your undivided attention?

Dark Apocalypse
a deadly virus has spread across forbidden valley. The infected show signs of highly aggressive behaviour and rapid decomposition. Phalanx control has quarantined the area however, a recent security breach has questioned their ability to contain the virus and keep society safe.

Sounds like DA will remain exactly the same, but I'm interested to see how freak show turns out. I wonder if it will be a more like a maze, or whether it will be free like DA was last year.

Pleased to see a new scare zone replace the one in Dark Forest, that didn't really work at all last year. I hope that they remain as scare zones though and not "mini-mazes".

:)

Pleased to see a new scare zone replace the one in Dark Forest, that didn't really work at all last year. I hope that they remain as scare zones though and not "mini-mazes".

:)
I think I'd like to see DA return as it was last year, with very minor tweaks (such as the orange fence removed from in front of the cars). Maybe have freak show as a mini maze though, as they already have the props for a full circus themed scaremaze. I think it will just be a longer version of the clown breakout from COS.

So in an interesting idea, Towers are utilising the Wobble World space for an interactive maze aimed at the younger guests.

hom.png

House of Monsters

An online Vlogger has turned into somewhat of a modern day Monster hunter after his investigations have led him to believe that fictitious monsters actually exist and live in a Haunted House. He hasn’t the nerves to go alone so has asked his online followers to join him on a daring mission to the supposedly abandoned house. Will you join him on the mission, what will you find? Will you discover that Monsters have a good side too?

I wonder if they'll be hiring for Sanbrooke parody actors in the near future.