• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2016

The two new mazes can stay with a few tweaks, TOTT needs more sparkle and changes, loved the ancestors, Dark Apocalypse was ok still preferred Zombies and for the love of god why were their panda's in NOX? Panda makeup is cute not scary, I wanted to take a beauty blender (a egg shaped makeup sponge used to blend products) around the eyes and the contour lines. .

ToTT needs dracula-style vampires. It's still a great theme and concept and should remain, just a little more theatre.

The other mazes also need work in terms of theming and atmosphere, but Molly in particular is a great base from which to build. That said, I think there needs to be a new maze every year, so maybe I would take it up to four next year and then begin some sort of cycle.

That said, I think there needs to be a new maze every year, so maybe I would take it up to four next year and then begin some sort of cycle.
I think next year they can get away with it next year if they just refresh the mazes a bit, and change the scarezones. Mazes should stay for two or three years, meaning that there should be a new one each year. One of the mazes should be "more extreme" than the other two (arguably end games this year). I'd still like to see Molly Crowe and end games next year, but with adjustments.

Anyone here get pulled through the door on Sub Species? I did and found it to be crap doing it on my own, always better to do it as a group - more of a laugh. I went through the whole thing on my own until I met up with a couple who pretty much blanked me even though I tried to talk to them (must of thought I was part of it...) and then over took them on the pitch black u-turn section and then met with young kids going through the tunnel then out of the maze. I was looking forward to this one the most but found it to be the most disappointing.

If they bring it back next year, I don't think they should do the part where they take someone from the starting room. They should come up with a new beginning.

As most on here know, I am not one for scare mazes, thus I didn't do any at Towers. It seems as though with Sub-Species, the vast vast majority of people who went through it claim that it is one of the most terrifying mazes they have ever done (people who don't get scared at normal mazes) and say that every time they go through again it's just as good as the last...

Then you get a small minority of people who say that it's a bit crap/dissapointing/nothing special, and I just can't see how there is such diverse opinion on the maze. Now I could understand if actors were on breaks/not up to speed with all the scares at the time of going through, but I heard rave reviews from staff preview night, opening day and then multiple times spread out over scarefest.

It just doesn't quite... add up.

I would say keep the pulling through the doors. My first run through I was at the front. It happened to me... I don't get scared but I nearly had brown pants all the way. Scared mychly but loved it.
I believe it does add to the experience, although now you know what to expect.
As they say it's your game. You get out anyway you can :)

I found that when I was alone, it wasn't as good (just because there seemed to be no actors) but if an actor appears when you are alone, it's probably the scariest thing I've ever experienced (apart from the chainsaw ending). If your in a group, the actor moves on to someone else after a few seconds, but alone they follow you. The actors were quite good at delaying people, so people alone can catch up.

Being on my own created a whole new sense of danger, and then when I saw everybody again, we were soon split once more, this made it better as afterwards everyone had fun telling each other about which route they got put on.

Maybe its just me, but I don't get 'scared' in these sort of mazes, I go on them to enjoy the atmosphere and take in other peoples reactions. Thats what makes them for me. Being alone just doesn't cut it for me. Each to their own I guess though.

Maybe its just me, but I don't get 'scared' in these sort of mazes, I go on them to enjoy the atmosphere and take in other peoples reactions. Thats what makes them for me. Being alone just doesn't cut it for me. Each to their own I guess though.
I didn't really get scared by them either (asides from the end of sub species), but being alone really added to the tension (I find jump scares work for me). Also, the queue line for Molly Crowe I was quite nervous (though it was my first scaremaze, so I'm not sure if it actually was a scary atmosphere).

Anyone here get pulled through the door on Sub Species? I did and found it to be crap doing it on my own, always better to do it as a group - more of a laugh. I went through the whole thing on my own until I met up with a couple who pretty much blanked me even though I tried to talk to them (must of thought I was part of it...) and then over took them on the pitch black u-turn section and then met with young kids going through the tunnel then out of the maze. I was looking forward to this one the most but found it to be the most disappointing.

If they bring it back next year, I don't think they should do the part where they take someone from the starting room. They should come up with a new beginning.

I got pulled through first too. I was still latched to the person behind me thinking we were going as a group but nope! She separated me off first and told me to run in to the pitch black if I wanted to survive - it was honestly the most I'd been scared in a maze too and I hated it at first and sighed relief when I found others in there and eventually my friends (only to be split off again) but it was so unexpected and unnerving that that's what made the maze for me so I'm in the keep the doors camp!

Keep the doors, my god keep the doors. It was so intense, so terrifying, I had absolutely no idea what was going on and scared proverbial-less. And that's why it was so good. An amazing way to start the maze, no warning, no warm up, just bang, straight to it, and the chaos kept up right the way through. A scare maze should be scary and a maze and this did both far better than any of the others.

^ what he said
oh yes lordy yes indeedy yes keep the doors.

however with recent developments regarding rides shutting next year I have the fear, fear that it will extend to scarefest cuts.

My hopes for Scarefest 2016 have plummeted. Cuts are rife in seemingly all departments at Towers with budgets being slashed. I can only assume right now that these cuts will be extended across to events such as Scarefest and Fireworks. A pity if it does happen as these events do bring in the crowds and should be improved year on year. Let's just hope that Merlin do realise this.

:)

I think the event getting positive feedback this year will be a problem. Merlin will use there "It will do" attitude and keep everything the same but with less actors. I hope I'm wrong though.

Personally i think by returning Sub Species with the exact same layout and hardly any changes would be an extremely big mistake. It would be very predictable and just overall silly. I also think having two endings was great but i always got the same one and never experienced the alien one.

Personally i think by returning Sub Species with the exact same layout and hardly any changes would be an extremely big mistake. It would be very predictable and just overall silly. I also think having two endings was great but i always got the same one and never experienced the alien one.
Love to see almost the same again, slight layout change, only one ending, chainsaw and alien still featured, but a different ending. I feel a couple of things can be lost, like the dark section.

Love to see almost the same again, slight layout change, only one ending, chainsaw and alien still featured, but a different ending. I feel a couple of things can be lost, like the dark section.
The dark section with the rope? I found that so unnerving! (Hadn't done molly crow until after) so the first time experiencing that set up was unnerving

The dark section with the rope? I found that so unnerving! (Hadn't done molly crow until after) so the first time experiencing that set up was unnerving
Might just be me, but after molly Crowe, it felt a little boring, but I had no actors or other people around me at the time.