• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

Well there's still 3 weeks to go so plenty of time for things to progress. At £8 I will be expecting something very good but I am not prepared to judge it yet!

:)

I genuinely can't see this working as anything. But a 2-4 pumpkin!

It looks and feels TOO much, like a kids maze, to the point where I suspect that it will be genuinely unable to pull off the intended effect, I have faith In Pete cliff (its still Pete cliff right?) But I just think that it won't work!

It looks and feels TOO much, like a kids maze, to the point where I suspect that it will be genuinely unable to pull off the intended effect, I have faith In Pete cliff (its still Pete cliff right?) But I just think that it won't work!
No Pete left quite a while ago
Have faith ! Next you will be saying ToTT needs scrapping ! :eek:

Can someone explain all this TotT hate to me, this will be my 1st year doing it and I want to know what kind of awful I'm in for!

Can someone explain all this TotT hate to me, this will be my 1st year doing it and I want to know what kind of awful I'm in for!

ToTT used to be the headline attraction of Halloween at Alton Towers. It was always the best maze (as it rightly should be), but the current version is about 8 years old now. It's extremely tired and dated. Even Scarefest newbies will admit it's not their favourite maze, probably due to the lack of effort that's put into it compared to the other mazes.

Every year for about the past 5 years there has been hope it'll be renewed, and even back then when the entertainments manager at the time told everybody that revamping ToTT was firmly in his sights as the next project, it still never happened.

Usually most mazes at Towers last for around 3 seasons, with the exception of Molly Crow which considering it was a half decent attempt at a hooded maze, was scrapped after it's first year.

How can it look and feel too much like a kids maze when it is barely half built? You have no idea what is actually going to happen!

The fact that TOTT remains stale is very irritating. However, it's probably worth the sacrifice for a new maze. We have been quite lucky in recent years with new mazes each year: Sub Species, Mine Tours, Welcoming etc.

Just realised this is actually ToTT's "What Lies Within" 9th year. Not 8. Christ!!

Nearly an entire decade of the same maze.

How can it look and feel too much like a kids maze when it is barely half built? You have no idea what is actually going to happen!

Its in mutiny bay,
Its (most probably) an open air maze with a compact Iayout, (if it wasn't, then why decorate the tops of the fences?),
Made to promote a family ride,

Its seems like it should have been a family maze but got upped a few pumpkins (like freakshow (less scary than HoM but marketed as 4 pumpkins))

That doesn't make it it kids maze, so much as. Its going to be damn near impossible to get something scary enough for an adult maze, out of a compact open air maze.

I agree, that was very poorly written on my part.

On towers times, someone has posted a couple of pictures of the welcoming, one of them shows what appears to be, a replica of the stage from the witch burning show at York dungeon. I find this quite alarming as it implys that the mazes final scene will just be the witch show from York dungeon. My main worry with this, is that in York dungeon, they pick someone to get burned from the audience and that person, is pulled off to a small alcove round the back (replaced with a model) while the rest of the scene plays out. In a scare maze...its essentially, picking someone to get a crap ending, and I'm sure anyone who has missed the ending on "Altonville Mine Tours, Uncover The Legend of The Skin Snatchers" knows how much that just ruins the entire maze.

I would post the pictures but I don't have the balls!

Also on towers times, someone said that the skull on the mutiny bay stage, has been repainted and had fangs put on it, can someone take and post some pictures of that+everything else in the courtyard.

Some pictures of the other mazes wouldn't go amiss too! (I haven't got a map this year, or I would go look myself)

On towers times, someone has posted a couple of pictures of the welcoming, one of them shows what appears to be, a replica of the stage from the witch burning show at York dungeon. I find this quite alarming as it implys that the mazes final scene will just be the witch show from York dungeon. My main worry with this, is that in York dungeon, they pick someone to get burned from the audience and that person, is pulled off to a small alcove round the back (replaced with a model) while the rest of the scene plays out. In a scare maze...its essentially, picking someone to get a crap ending, and I'm sure anyone who has missed the ending on "Altonville Mine Tours, Uncover The Legend of The Skin Snatchers" knows how much that just ruins the entire maze.

I would post the pictures but I don't have the balls!

Also on towers times, someone said that the skull on the mutiny bay stage, has been repainted and had fangs put on it, can someone take and post some pictures of that+everything else in the courtyard.

Some pictures of the other mazes wouldn't go amiss too! (I haven't got a map this year, or I would go look myself)

They won't do that in a scare maze finale. It'll be done by actors. You as the guest are just there to observe.

The Dungeons are generally interactive because it's a bit of fun and kind of educational.

These are paid for mazes and completely different from the interactivity in the Dungeon attractions. Nice theory but I think you're putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 5.

If the Welcoming is going to remain roofless, a further thought occurs: They'd better shut the Skyride down while the maze is open, or anyone riding it will be in for some major spoilers! It would also ruin the atmosfear in the maze to see bightly coloured gondolas sailing overhead.

.... Wait, did I just suggest closing a vital transport ride would be a good thing...?

If the Welcoming is going to remain roofless, a further thought occurs: They'd better shut the Skyride down while the maze is open, or anyone riding it will be in for some major spoilers! It would also ruin the atmosfear in the maze to see bightly coloured gondolas sailing overhead.

.... Wait, did I just suggest closing a vital transport ride would be a good thing...?

The Welcoming does not open until 5.30pm and the Skyride closes at dusk does it not? So i doubt this will be too much of an issue.

Just another reason why I think the welcoming, should have been a kids maze(2 pumpkin) with an unrelated theme.

Ahh well, at least we still got HoM.