• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

Review of House of Monsters
Spoilers, Probably...
This year, they gave everyone an item to bring to the final room but more on that later!

The pre-show
It was largely unchanged from last year so...still good!

Skeleton John's room
It plays out exactly the same as last year except executed much better!
There is also an explanation as to why everyone wants you dead, so that's good! Personally, I hope they remove the bell next year as it just doesn't work, (at the count of 3, they trigger the sound effect regardless of if the volunteer rung it or not so when I shouted "we're all gonna die!" Before ringing it, I got shouted at for taking too long, (this also happened to a poor kid on my 2nd run through))

Venom's Room
Still as pointless and dull as last year, now with added trip hazards!

Grogle's Room
A vast improvement on last year
Upon entering, you are met with Venus, a giant man eating plant. Now, this thing is terrifying and gets shockingly close to the seats! The issue?
Venus is only in the right side of the room so, unless you are on that side of the room, it completely falls flat! The other main issue was that after Venus goes crazy and decides to eat everyone, nothing really happens.
What they should do is, put animatronic plants throughout the entire room and have all hell break loose, because, in its current form, after you get past Venus, (assuming your lucky enough to sit right in front of her) its just a gentle stroll out of the room!

Wolfboys Room
This room was also identical to last year with the only difference being, a much better actor who wasn't afraid to scare people!

Frankie's Room
Instead of having to find a shrunken Frankie like last year, this year, you have to find 2 bolts for Frankie's neck and wow, were these well hidden! It took like 2 min to find one of them!
After this, Frankie comes out and goes straight into a song, and while its a fine song...its just dull!
Hopefully next year, they get rid of it!
Another issue caused by this song is that you don't really get much interaction with Frankie, which is a shame because he's the by far, strongest character!

The Final
This was MUCH better than last year!
There was more scares, it was longer, and it had a very good route. Overall it was a vast improvement from last year!...And then...
We enter a small room with about 5 doors and Frankie appears from a drop panel telling us to try all the doors...after confirming that non of the doors can be opened from our side and awkwardly standing there being yelled at for 20-30 seconds, an actor opens one of the doors and we leave....what?
I hope to god that last room was broken or something because wow! That was awful, and the thought of someone thinking this was a good idea, makes me sick!

Overall, HoM was much better this year and I can't wait to see how they improve it next year!
That said, the operations on it were GOD AWFUL, I booked HoM for 7:30 on my own, when I got there, I was in a group full of kids so (fearing that they would tone it down) I asked if I could wait for the next one, so the group went in and I stayed behind...It was at this point, they had the good sense to inform me that due to the 4 different items you had to collect and bring to Frankie's room, I would not be allowed to enter the attraction on my own!
I eventually went in at 8:10pm (10 min After closing time!) And as a result, I almost missed my bus!

...thank you for reading my pointless and poorly written review of a now closed attraction! :)
maybe they could have given you a bag to carry everything in

So I visited my first scarefest this year as I attended the white knuckle weekend with the ecc and I have to say I was impressed. I loved the decorations and the only scare maze I did house of monsters was very fun and impressive. Although I never did see that blogger again afterwards so thats kinda a mystery as to what happened to her.