• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

I've just pinched this pic from TT site which confirms that the House of Monsters will be making a return

C6t1yGVWkAAmNf3.jpg
Put a big sign up to justify leaving the building closed nearly all season :rolleyes:

Surprised they haven't tried the same with the Towers mazes, given they are closed pretty much all season these days.

Makes sense with House of Monsters in a way, as there is no use at all for the building the rest of the year. May as well leave it set up.

Has anyone got any spoilers for Scarefest yet ?

My main concern is will there be a after hours scare experience this year.
(I pray that there is as last year felt like something was missing because there wasn't anything) :(

I agree with what seems to be a general consensuses. Sub Species should be kept and ToTT needs to be re-engineered, i think we all know 'what lies within' now. I wasn't sold on the Altonville Mines if i am being truly honest mainly because of the ending but also because i adored Sanctuary - Probably because i have a small phobia of Asylums/hospitals in general. Bring it back?

I think that the Haunted Hollow would be an amazing place for a scare zone. Or even somewhere where actors are roaming around/hiding and jumping out on people

I had a chat with a member of staff last year when grabbing a coffee and he seemed to think that the Haunted Hollow has been suggested to have live actors in before. The trouble was that because the pond runs close to the pathway and there is little to no safety fencing to stop customers/employees falling into it at night (regardless of lights) the idea was scrapped. Health and Safety strikes again!
Still this could be easily solved so my fingers are still crossed. :)

Surely the "trouble" with Haunted Hollow was a certain "type" of guest that was unable to separate fantasy from reality...?

Probably. Though with the newly opened pathway from Mutiny Bay to Gloomy Wood for SW8 purposes, they could always come up with something for Haunted Hollow again. If they ever wanted to, that is.

If we're looking at the main mazes then I'd go like this:

Keep Sub Species, improve what's already offered to strengthen an already strong and impressive attraction.

Keep Mine Tours, maybe alter the ending to improve and offer a more punchy, alternate finale rather than what was offered this year (apparently it was quite weak?)

Bring in a new maze to replace TotT as the headline 'Towers' maze. It could keep the TotT branding but change the tagline to something new. I think it's universally agreed that the maze is tired and worn after having the 'What Lies Within' tagline for a number of years. If the money isn't there to create a completely new maze, use what's already there and some new additions to give the maze the update is desperately needs.

Surely the "trouble" with Haunted Hollow was a certain "type" of guest that was unable to separate fantasy from reality...?

I've never believed that for a second.

The original Haunted Hollow Live was surely no different to the (very bland) scare zones they have now, and also various roaming actors in other places. Do Towers really expect anyone with any reasonable level of intelligence to believe that due to it's location in the park it's unsafe for actors to work there?

I suspect the real reason is more to do with people being able to wander off into the woods and possibly end up in the lake. Lack of fences - a H&S officer's worst nightmare!

Haunted Hollow actors were assaulted on numerous occasions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I suspect the real reason is more to do with people being able to wander off into the woods and possibly end up in the lake. Lack of fences - a H&S officer's worst nightmare!

But the path is still open during the dark hours during ScareFest and Fireworks, just with no live actors. I think because it is darker, more remote and more spread out people jumped and reacted violently to the scare actors.

But the path is still open during the dark hours during ScareFest and Fireworks, just with no live actors. I think because it is darker, more remote and more spread out people jumped and reacted violently to the scare actors.
That's a very polite way of saying that out and out thugs took advantage of the dimly lit surroundings to hit actors because they were too embarrassed when they jumped in front of their mates.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Haunted Hollow actors were assaulted on numerous occasions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes. But how is this any different to anywhere else in the park, in the dark? And the same people are still there.

Besides, Towers have access to an abundance of lighting, they could easily make HH a brighter safer area.

Yes. But how is this any different to anywhere else in the park, in the dark? And the same people are still there.

Most scare zones are small areas in a busy part of the park, with access to a "backstage" area where other staff can be in case of emergency etc. Whereas Haunted Hollow is a much longer path. Compare the size of the area to the scare zone in Forbidden Valley and then think how much harder it is to mange a remote path.

Then we'd probably be complaining that they ruined in with bright lighting!

:)
And this is what happened last time they tried:
https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-28085214.html said:
Thief used eBay to try to sell off stolen park lights
A Thief who walked into an Alton Towers amusement arcade and stole Pounds 17,500 worth of lights was caught after he tried to sell them on eBay.

Michael Callear was discovered selling the lights on the auction website by an Alton Towers security guard.

He had stolen them from the theme park's Haunted Hollow spooky walk during its annual Scarefest Halloween event on October 21.

The 20-year-old was arrested by police in McDonald's car park, Uttoxeter, on December 11, after he had arranged to meet up with a buyer - who was really the security guard who had been on the online shopping site.

David Green, mitigating, told magistrates his client had debt problems and was having to pay Pounds 40-a-week child maintenance after his relationship had broken down. …