• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

Nipped on park later on today on a work journey - park looks great. Good times Alton.

Burger chips and a drink £10.50 ! No discount ! :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Oh yes ! Only took 7 attempts to finally get the alternate route ending for Sub Species :p
I can die a happy man now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else seen the dungeons style map outside HoM... It can't just be me, who thinks having the map, ruins it somewhat!
Or is otherwise missing the point!

Has anyone else seen the dungeons style map outside HoM... It can't just be me, who thinks having the map, ruins it somewhat!
Or is otherwise missing the point!

I assume as it is more aimed at children, if the parents at least know slightly what to expect they can judge whether it is suitable for their kids or not and which sections they might need to be aware of that their particular child is really scared of.

The Welcoming just gets better and better. Hope they can bring it back in some form next year.
Meanwhile over at Sub Species that maze has gone to the dogs :(

Edit: best give reasons.
Love how they now regroup everyone together at points during the Welcoming so the actors can be ready for you rather than everyone just wandering around at their leisure.

Sub: the last 3 runs either been so few actors or they just don’t seam bothered and a bit subdued.
Pointing out the way to go. Multiple times. It’s suppose to be a maze. I don’t need telling where to go !
The alien thing just stood there as I walked by. I was the only one in that section. Maybe it had fallen asleep :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Had a visit to Towers yesterday, was really impressed with the mazes and certain areas were lit really well.

In order of preference, my mazes would go:

The Welcoming
Sub Species
Terror of the Towers
Altonville

(Altonville was the lowest because we ended up bumping into the group in front of us which both left it very cramped and very minimal on scares, though they were still there).

The Welcoming was brilliant, loved the theming, loved the scares. Really surprised at how well they executed this maze with the space and budget they had. Looking forward to see what SW8 has to offer now if it's an experience similar to that one.

Being alone in Sub Species is terrifying as hell, especially after getting trapped in a corner for 5 minutes before being full on manhandled into the next room. Would do again, 10/10 fun

Park lighting was hit and miss. Nemesis looked great, all the pathways looked great especially those near Katanga and Gloomy Wood. The other main ride areas could do with work though to get rid of those white lights. Please...

Queues weren't too bad in the morning but picked up later on in the day. Glad that we did most things early on to avoid this. It didn't help in dispersing crowds that Rita was down all day until 8pm but credit to them for actually reopening it. Oblivion had a couple of issues throughout the day which was a bit of a ball-ache but otherwise, a really good day for rides.

One thing I would note is how inconsistent Ride Times is. It's either massively overestimated the length of a queue or massively underestimated it to points where rides had queues that were 45 minutes longer than what it said. Could do with some work to improve it.

This is going to sound strange but does duel, seem somehow different or better at night?
I can't put my finger on it but it feels different at night...does anyone know what I mean or am I just insane?

This is going to sound strange but does duel, seem somehow different or better at night?
I can't put my finger on it but it feels different at night...does anyone know what I mean or am I just insane?

Maybe it's because your eyes are going from dark to dark instead of from light to dark which means you will see more.

Errrm Duel is the same day or night ... it’s just crap :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Picsolve are out taking photos of you exiting Sub Species again. (Can now get them on your annual digipass if you have one)
Had a chat with him. Apparently they are a little disappoint they are not getting the reactions they hoped for with people just walking out of the end.

Says it all as to how disappointing Sub is this year :(

Maybe it's because your eyes are going from dark to dark instead of from light to dark which means you will see more.
Almost certainly this. The first time I rode Th13teen in the dark I was surprised to see a load of green LEDs in the crypt that were too dim to notice having just come from daylight.

Picsolve are out taking photos of you exiting Sub Species again. (Can now get them on your annual digipass if you have one)
Had a chat with him. Apparently they are a little disappoint they are not getting the reactions they hoped for with people just walking out of the end.

Says it all as to how disappointing Sub is this year :(
Was told I couldn’t get mine on annual digi pass last week? They wouldn’t budge on it either