• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2017

Is it just me or are the prices for the scare mazes are a bit confusing?

3 x scare maze ticket £20
3 x scare maze ticket plus "The Welcoming; Be Chosen" only £8 :openmouth: ????? This is cheaper than the first option and you get 4 mazes? or is it just for the 4th maze or is the price incorrect?
3 x scare mazes tickets for annual pass holders £16

3vTTHLm.png
I assume it was a typo. It's changed to £28.00 now.

They obviously read this forum as that change was quick, but they do need to change the checkout payment as I just purchased my 4 mazes tickets for £8 :)

Edit, I hope I get all 4, as the confirmation email just says The welcoming Be chosen ?

Last edited:
They obviously read this forum as that change was quick, but they do need to change the checkout payment as I just purchased my 4 mazes tickets for £8 :)
It is confusing - because when you get to the Accesso screens, the link for all four mazes appears to show that you're buying an £8 ticket for just The Welcoming? Unless it looks different at confirmation stage?

It is confusing - because when you get into actual buying. The link for all four mazes appears to show that you're buying an £8 ticket for just The Welcoming? Unless it looks different at confirmation stage?

Nope, Still just says "The Welcoming: Be Chosen"

Looks like the new maze only has time from 5.30pm on wards where as the others start from 1pm on wards

Edit: Also looks like at the moment there is no charge for the house of monsters?

and there is no pass holder discount on the new maze available?

Last edited:
Outside maze it is then :D I think down the side of Dark Forest, About...

https://goo.gl/maps/5SjgRsjPnj22

Here! More down the grassy area as there is a lot of land around there

Definitely just whack a construction hat on and walk round the SW8 construction site, market it as a themed experience with the mud and pits. Feel the fear of the JCB construction vehicles and builders as they try and attack you with 4x4s and hammers

THE WELCOMING, GET CHOSEN?!
Did they get dropped as children?
...I'm genuinely impressed, they topped "Altonville Mine Tours, Uncover The Legend of The Skin Snatchers"
...who is to blame for this abomination?

Is this the result of focus testing do you think?

Edit________________________________________
So I was just thinking about the 4th maze's opening times and realised something...could it be at the Hotels?
Because if its an outdoor maze on park, its also in a Merlin park and can you honestly tell me that Merlin would open it late thus sell less tickets, just for the attractions quality?
I mean its possible but personally, I think its more lightly that the late opening (that matches the opening times of other mazes that used to be there) is due to it being located at the hotels and open until 11pm like the good old days, god knows there is enough demand for it!
EDIT________________________________________
NEVERMIND...
I just checked the booking site and it said the last timeslot is at 9pm...

Last edited:
Are the midweek or early weekend scarefests usually less busy than then end of the month?

Sorry for the lame question but i'm tyring to sort sitters out for the kids and i can't decide what options to give the in laws!

I say avoid the half term week and the weekends (21st to 29th Oct including) at the start and end of the half term week. The nearer you get to Halloween the busier it will be. However there is no guarantee which day will be the quietest.

The first Sunday is usually travellers day, but this was not the case last year as they all turned up on the Friday before the half term week.

I just wish they brought back the Scarefest that used to run during the Scottish half term, it's the week just before the English half term

On another unspecified theme park forum, there was a rumor about them planning a Sanctuary themed scare show for scarefest, think The Welcoming will be a scare show?

I really do doubt it will be a standard maze,mainly due to the description of it, and where would they put another full maze?

If its a heavily show based maze like HoM then it could potentially fit in Scary Tales old location but other than that, I don't know.

Apart from maybe coaster corner, I'm not sure they have room for a full maze (let alone an outdoor one)

Can you buy tickets for the welcoming seperately? Thats the one I want to do the most, don't want to buy tickets for all because I very much doubt my friend will go in more than one after experiencing the welcoming. She's not a fan of scare attractions! :)