• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2021

I think mazes have usually been 1-9, though I'm sure they may have been 12-9 in some cases in previous years.

Pretty certain that 9pm is the latest that the mazes have been open (other than when they were up at the hotels of course). May have been running past 9pm depending on the queue length.

Ah the Field of Screams, at 11pm with only the moonlight as light, running through a field of 6ft corn. One of the best maze (or maize? ;)) experiences I've ever had!

oh yes indeedy, absolutely knackered from being in the park all day, aching back, and still having the stamina to do the mazes at 11pm - those were the days! Being chased out of a tiny door at the back of a bus into a pitch black field of corn before the days of H&S - totally amazing

Field of Screams was great, I can't imagine Alton doing something as rogue as that now.
Wouldn’t have the throughput with the number of tickets they are selling now. Plus’s it went in too late in to the night. The staff must have been knackered like the rest of us at the end of the day! I’m just glad I got to experience these mazes (boiler room as well) before they closed them.

Hi all,

I’m planning on coming to scarefest on the 25th with my girlfriend who i sadly can’t persuade to come into the mazes with me so i’ll be going in by myself which i’ve never done and quite nervous to be queuing on own and going in groups of randomers as i’m guessing it’s not common they get single individuals in the mazes! Just wondering with last year they obviously only batched people in the household groups and if they’re doing the same this year, what does it mean for people who are on their own?

Cheers!

Hi all,

I’m planning on coming to scarefest on the 25th with my girlfriend who i sadly can’t persuade to come into the mazes with me so i’ll be going in by myself which i’ve never done and quite nervous to be queuing on own and going in groups of randomers as i’m guessing it’s not common they get single individuals in the mazes! Just wondering with last year they obviously only batched people in the household groups and if they’re doing the same this year, what does it mean for people who are on their own?

Cheers!
Going by the fact they have mixed groups on Gangsta Granny and the preshow running again in Wicker Man, I'd be very surprised if they kept the household groups rule for the mazes, so I think they will be batching as normal this year. You could try asking Towers on a DM in Twitter or Facebook if there is nothing in the FAQs on the website.

Bearing in mind, Oct 18-22 is half-term here [midlands], what days are likeliest to be the most "quiet" [for s'fest anyway]? Pot luck?

Bearing in mind, Oct 18-22 is half-term here [midlands], what days are likeliest to be the most "quiet" [for s'fest anyway]? Pot luck?
The quietest out of all the dates would probably be Friday 8th and Friday 15th as they are technically school/work days. But the quietness on the 8th could be cancelled out because its the first day and the 15th because it could be an inset day for schools as it is the last day of term for many. Definitely the last 2 weeks of October will be the busiest because as you say they are half term holiday weeks.

From experience, I have always found the Sundays of Scarefest (not necessarily the Sundays of the half term weeks) are quiet too, because people don't stay as late as they have work/school the next day.

Thanks for the explanation Skyscraper & Steve74. :)

I hear also, that the beginning of half-term [Mon, Tue] are typically quieter. Whether that has any validity at all, well, who knows?

Just for reference Tu-20th and We-21st Oct 2020, were quiet days on QT website. And also, a half-term week of Oct 2020.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation Skyscraper & Steve74. :)

I hear also, that the beginning of half-term [Mon, Tue] are typically quieter. Whether that has any validity at all, well, who knows?

Just for reference Tu-20th and We-21st Oct 2020, were quiet days on QT website. And also, a half-term week of Oct 2020.

I've no idea about the half term week days as I've always purposely avoided them. Traditionally the beginning of the week is always quieter for most things (pubs, cinemas etc) so that does make sense.

The quietest out of all the dates would probably be Friday 8th and Friday 15th as they are technically school/work days. But the quietness on the 8th could be cancelled out because its the first day and the 15th because it could be an inset day for schools as it is the last day of term for many.

I'll make a note of 15th - especially if AT do a Twilight Pass.

Ah the Field of Screams, at 11pm with only the moonlight as light, running through a field of 6ft corn. One of the best maze (or maize? ;)) experiences I've ever had!
It was the best maze experience I ever had! In the park for 10, full day of rides, actors jumping out on you in Haunted Hollow on your way to your next night time ride then the monorail back to the hotels for some maze action.

By the time we got to Field of 1000 screams it was gone 10pm, we were absolutely shattered. Massive queue for it but a great atmosphere around the hotel mazes. A member of staff telling me about all the "code yellows" and "code browns" they'd had so far. Full moon which shone down on the field, dry, mild October weather. No wind. Most of it was quite tame, but what an awesome setting a 6ft corn horror maze in the middle of a field was in the moonlight. The ending with the strobe lights on the bus, the silhouette of the driver being ravaged and zombies coming towards you whilst everyone scrambled to get the back door of the bus open. One lady screamed and absolutely legged it when she got out and didn't stop leaving her husband behind. Amazing experience, everyone was laughing.

Even though the giant marquee wasn't all that well disguised, the Boiler House and Carnival of Screams, when situated at the Hotels, also had a pretty good atmosphere, however nothing compared to the field.

As simplistic as the Boiler House entrance was, it really made it feel like you were trespassing on the grounds of two deranged killers! Especially if you were lucky like our group and got it as the queue was completely empty.

I think having that spot worked very well for building up atmosphere, no matter which maze, you were tired; it was freezing; and you've lugged yourself out after a long day in the park into an empty field.

Also it only cost you £10 for the combi ticket, and TotT was still a free maze.

Although I remember the experience of Boiler House quite well, for the life of me I can't picture in my head the building it was in. Wasn't it some caretakers looking house on the mound behind the bus stop where the pods now sit? I remember looking past the bus stop and seeing it there but can't remember if it was a permanent building or not and if so what it was used for and where it went? Wasn't there by the time EV was build in the 1000 Screams field.