• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2021

Doubt they're teasing the return of N:ST, Hopefully a new flat ride or two. That or the S&S Axis Coaster.

If the mods have an issue I'm sure they'll step in. They're all perfectly capable and we have plenty.

Some blokes dress in some old stock uniforms from the entertainment teams linen cupboard and suddenly were talking about NST reopening? I've heard it all now. This reminds me of the yearly over excitement when some geezer flicks a trip switch and the NST queue board comes on.

Just a heads up, you can get a MAP discount for Trick 'o Treat Town (£8 instead of £10) but it's only available at the Box Office, not online.

Just watched theme park worldwide review of the event from yesterday….. what the heck is that heavy metal noise they are playing around the park this year instead of the usual halloween music!!???

Just watched theme park worldwide review of the event from yesterday….. what the heck is that heavy metal noise they are playing around the park this year instead of the usual halloween music!!???
Here it is for those who are interested;

Absolutely one of the worst event decisions they have ever made next to removing scare zones. The music choices they have blasting out of the speakers kill the atmosphere almost as hard as the Fanta sponsorships on Oblivion, this will seriously kill the mood for a lot of families, having this garbage spew out all over the Towers Complex and on Towers Street.

They have done some really great changes to lighting this year and that is excellent to see, however the music choices completely trumps all over this for me. Forget soaking up any atmosphere when you have party dance mixes of Ed Sheeran or generic heavy metal waffling scraping your ear drums, they have it playing loud.

Change this audio ASAP. You have so many tracks to choose from that are way more appropriate and set the mood, please!

Where is this audio playing, out of interest? In Towers Street at the start of Shawn’s vlog, it sounds like they’re playing the regular theatrical Scarefest music from previous years; am I missing something?

Admittedly, my only visit to Scarefest was a brief pop-in in 2015 where we didn’t do any of the scare stuff (only did a couple of rides on the way home from a holiday further North), so I’m perhaps not the most well versed on this, but it certainly doesn’t sound like heavy metal music to me, at the start of the video at least.

Played at night around the Towers Complex and Towers Street
Ah, that might explain why it sounded like the regular, more theatrical Scarefest music was playing at the start of Shawn’s video, then!

In that case, I haven’t actually heard the new audio yet, so I can’t pass judgement. Is there a point in the video where it’s particularly audible?

Watching other blogs coming out today you can hear it blasting in the background. What the heck were they thinking with this music! Not at all towers, not magical or atmospheric, not appropriate!

If towers are reading this - please put the old Scarefest music back on!

Last edited:
Missed last year, but I just did Mine Tours and thought it was much much better than pre-covid.

It's far longer than pre-covid and the scenes are really good!

Yeah, I just did Toxic Junkyard. Not dark enough and it was awful.

Shame really, considering the other ones are actually solid.

It's just too light to early. It's a scam they're selling it to folk in the afternoon.

Yeah, I just did Toxic Junkyard. Not dark enough and it was awful.

Shame really, considering the other ones are actually solid.

It's just too light to early. It's a scam they're selling it to folk in the afternoon.
I'll be doing it in the light on my visit unfortunately as I prioritize coasters in the dark and like to do the mazes early as they are quieter. Especially considering we'll have 1 less hour of darkness this year.

I'll be doing it in the light on my visit unfortunately as I prioritize coasters in the dark and like to do the mazes early as they are quieter. Especially considering we'll have 1 less hour of darkness this year.

Hope you enjoy it, but if they gave an option, I'd have two goes on Mine Tours in a heartbeat.

Going in with the expectation of a scare zone is probably my best advice.

Yeah I'm in the mazes at 1 to avoid queueing, so unfortunately I'll be doing Toxic Junkyard in the daylight too. I really hope it doesn't come back again next year. We could do with the whole of this year's line up being replaced to be honest.

Yeah I'm in the mazes at 1 to avoid queueing, so unfortunately I'll be doing Toxic Junkyard in the daylight too. I really hope it doesn't come back again next year. We could do with the whole of this year's line up being replaced to be honest.
Both the Attic and Darkest Depths are very good, so I can see them staying at least another couple of years. I believe Toxic Junkyard was brought in due to the Covid restrictions last year, hence why it's not that great. Plus any outdoor scare maze has the issue of not being good in the light, given that most indoor mazes are pitch black inside.

They've both been here for 3 years though, AMT has been here for 6, and FS:TJ would be on its third year if it were to return next year. I'm expecting the mazes to be good next week, but I think we're in need of a major revamp.

You should be in the Olympics making leaps that big.

I wouldn't say it is that much of a leap. The rumours of the Nemesis Overhaul/re-tracking have been circulating for quite some time now. Nemesis Sub-Terra also being rumoured as returning to fill the gap in rides in that area. It may have even been on the park's mind for a long time, if the smiler accident hadn't happened there would already be another rollercoaster in the area and the Sub-Terra building would have been gone, as it is still there that seems like the obvious choice to replace the missing attraction in the area even if it is just for one season. Sightings of work taking place on Sub-Terra, and nothing happening in there for Scarefest. The fact that the park often use Scarefest to tease things happening the following season, and actors being employed by the park to wander around in outfits worn by Sub-Terra ride staff. As much as I don't like the idea of Nemesis being closed for a full season, what we are seeing, coupled with the rumours we have been hearing all ties together nicely.

Last edited: