• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

I really hope that Towers have got something up their sleeve for Scarefest, given that it's looking like their two major dark rides will be closed for the whole thing.
If Hex is closed for the same period as last then it would make it open for the busy period. I’d have thought if it stood no chance of re opening in 2022 it would just be cut from the app

If Hex is closed for the same period as last then it would make it open for the busy period. I’d have thought if it stood no chance of re opening in 2022 it would just be cut from the app
That's a good point, but hasn't it been closed longer this season than it was last season?

That's a good point, but hasn't it been closed longer this season than it was last season?
I mean the period of 3 1/2 months of March to early July, it’s it’s that again then it might be open for mid October. We know it was open for the buyout days so whatever went wrong with it went wrong between roughly the 12th and 19th March

Any idea of the new maze yet?
I reckon it’ll be in Sub-Terra’s building, whatever it is; the alarms were tested there at the same time as the alarms were tested at every other scare maze site, and there has been other activity near Sub-Terra as well, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that space hosted the new scare maze.

I reckon it’ll be in Sub-Terra’s building, whatever it is; the alarms were tested there at the same time as the alarms were tested at every other scare maze site, and there has been other activity near Sub-Terra as well, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that space hosted the new scare maze.
It will almost certainly be there. What it is though remains to be seen, Towers do like keeping us waiting! 🙂

It seems quite clear the park didnt plan to have this maze line up by 2022. I imagine in 2020 a replacement for Sub Species never happened because of Covid and we got a last minute outdoor maze instead.

I imagine if Covid hadn't happened, we wouldve carried on the momentum of the 2 fantastic new mazes in 2019, with a Sub replacement in 2020 and Mine Tours replacement in 2021.

Trick or Treat Town was effectively House of Monsters' delayed replacement too. Id say Darkest Depths was obviously always intended as a thrill maze and just toned down in the interim to standin for HOM's early closure to Gangsta Granny.

So it may seem stale but Mine Tours is still a fantastic maze and we're just 2 years behind because of a global catastrophe. Not much reason to complain

Last edited by a moderator: