• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

With regards the prices, although we would like them cheaper we do also have to remember that paying for actors, props, electricity to power lights, smoke machines etc all comes at a cost.

People don’t mind paying a higher price provided the quality is there. I think that’s what the main complaint is here, it’s high prices for the same old stuff and from what I’m hearing about the invitation, this isn’t high quality nor worth the price.

Don’t forget that Alton also run the family entertainment on the stage as well, whereas Thorpe concentrates on adult scares only.
And they wipe the floor with Thorpe's stage show offering(s). I watched some of Jack Silkstone's video of the "Birthday Bash" and I had to stop watching it it was so bad (the show, not the video). So amateur, it was like a story you had to come up with with a group of mates in a drama lesson at school and present to the class after a couple of weeks practising it. Acting terrible, the dancers often out of sync with each other, was just awful!

Towers' shows while a bit cheesy in places at least are produced somewhat professionally and are watchable!

Last edited:
Don't care about the mazes at all..... just give me coasters in the dark please. :)
Pretty much my feelings too. However I do care about atmosphere around the park. I’d definitely be interested in scare zones should they be included, and the amount of roaming actors this year was awful (come to think of it I didn’t see any).

As others have said, lighting is very poor in most areas and on the coasters. It’s like they only have so many par cans and so many moving heads and just decided to gift them to a different attraction each year. This time being duel and whispering souls.

It would be fairly common in years gone by for not everything to be ready during that first weekend of Scarefest, lighting being a big one of those.

It wasn’t unusual for the likes of Nemesis to be bathed in bright white lights on the first weekend, but come the next week the coloured lighting had been installed.

You never know, you might be in luck and come tomorrow they may have made some changes.

It would be fairly common in years gone by for not everything to be ready during that first weekend of Scarefest, lighting being a big one of those.

It wasn’t unusual for the likes of Nemesis to be bathed in bright white lights on the first weekend, but come the next week the coloured lighting had been installed.

You never know, you might be in luck and come tomorrow they may have made some changes.
That happened a few years ago with Wicker Man, white lights first weekend and proper red and yellow ones the following weekend onwards. Part of the reason why I go the 2nd weekend, to let them fix any issues or finish any effects etc

Do they hire those lights in? I suspect they want to keep costs down by just using them for the 2 week block, as opposed to installing them on weekend one and not using them for 4 days, but still paying for the hire.

Do they hire those lights in? I suspect they want to keep costs down by just using them for the 2 week block, as opposed to installing them on weekend one and not using them for 4 days, but still paying for the hire.
I believe they do for Wicker Man which is probably why some years it's been different lighting setups than others - as they can only hire what's available at the time.

Heading to Scarefest today, thank god it will be better weather than it was 2 weeks ago for my Oktoberfest visit. Won't be posting any maze updates unfortunately because of not doing them, but I'll hopefully post some general thoughts later tonight on park atmosphere/ride; etc. This is the visit my cousin comes with us and he is in a wheelchair so I am fully prepared for RAP hell! Might catch a couple of shows, not sure if Whispering Souls is possible because of the wheelchair we've never done it before

Heading to Scarefest today, thank god it will be better weather than it was 2 weeks ago for my Oktoberfest visit. Won't be posting any maze updates unfortunately because of not doing them, but I'll hopefully post some general thoughts later tonight on park atmosphere/ride; etc. This is the visit my cousin comes with us and he is in a wheelchair so I am fully prepared for RAP hell! Might catch a couple of shows, not sure if Whispering Souls is possible because of the wheelchair we've never done it before
In previous years it's been wheelchair accessible with the entrance for wheelchairs being the exit of the walk - the path that takes you under the white bridge into the gardens

Be mindful of Thirteen, Wicker Man, RMT, Gangsta Granny and Galactica, their RAP queues can be the worst. And if you do Hex, be aware that the exit is rerouted past the RAP door at Scarefest, so you'll be going against the flow of guests.

We've booked for Friday 21st. Will be my first scarefest in a long time. Don't think we'll be bothering with any of the mazes either tbh.

On park today and it's a bit like playing dodge the closures - so far it's been Rita, Thirteen, WickerMan and The Smiler has just gone down now (hopefully temporarily). Thankfully queues haven't been too bad.