• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

wicker mans lighting does look good in person this year, oblivion has orange tints on as well and thirteen has green gels, the only area we didn’t go in the dark was forbidden valley because it’s our least favourite as a whole really so we weren’t too bothered. Lucky to get three rides on thirteen today as it was closed for quite a while due to on and off showers, and was lucky to get a night ride on it as literally the lightest rain came down for no longer than about 15 seconds (genuinely not exaggerating here it was the type where you felt about 5 spots) and they cleared the queue

You see this is why I wouldn't bother waiting a long time for th13teen as it's too risky. If it's a 2 hour wait and you get to the end and it starts raining, you've just wasted a lot of time as I doubt they give complimentary fastracks anymore

You'd have to be mad to wait for over about 30-40 minutes for it anyway, unless you've never been on it before and it's your only chance, or if it was opening day in 2010 or on its final day of operation whenever that is and they're giving out certificates or something.
Yeah as much as I love Thirteen, it's not really worth waiting more than half an hour max.
Last Saturday I got to the front of the ridiculously long RAP queue (just two groups in front of us although one left) and guess what? It broke down. That can't be helped of course, was just annoying given how long we'd already waited. Got talking to the groups both in front of and behind us though, which was nice. One of them had never done Thirteen before actually. By the time operations restarted the RAP queue was a lot shorter as most people left. Only those on the ramp stayed.

Last edited:
You'd have to be mad to wait for over about 30-40 minutes for it anyway, unless you've never been on it before and it's your only chance, or if it was opening day in 2010 or on its final day of operation whenever that is and they're giving out certificates or something.
If you go on a busy day you don't really have a choice. If you want to get on rides you'll have to queue. I wouldn't be bothered if it was more than an hour but others might be willing to wait longer

Sounds pretty horrendous on park today. The queues for all major coasters are massive.

Would like to know how busy the mazes are. Are people just avoiding them and doing the rides instead?
They actually had pretty decent sized queues yesterday so I’m willing to bet they’re quite busy today

It surprises me that people actually turn up knowing that they'll be waiting over 40-50 mins for any ride. Suckers for punishment.
It's Alton towers, the UKs biggest and most famous theme park. If you're at towers and are queueing less than 40 mins for rides then I'd say you've picked a good day. People are aware that they're going to queue upto 2 hours on peak days, especially at this time of year

Rita didn't open until at 3 o clock this afternoon, with visible work taking place on the tyres on the brake run (was also the same situation whilst it was down yesterday). Roller Disco was also about 4 hours late opening so people were going into Dark Forest just for Thirteen, and the whole area was down at one point. The RAP queues have also been much, much worse today than yesterday, but to be expected really. As for Scarefest related, today and yesterday, people coming out of The Invitation look so bored, I'm so glad I chose not to do it.

I went today.

Mine Tours is still probably the best for me.

The Invitation is poor - I appreciate the work that will have gone into the audio piece but that alone doesn't make a good scare experience. The other people in the group - new to mazes - took a LOT of convincing to do the other three mazes after that.

It shouldn't return - next year, they need four new mazes to replace the whole lot but if the budget only stretches to three, keep AVMT.

I went today.

Mine Tours is still probably the best for me.

The Invitation is poor - I appreciate the work that will have gone into the audio piece but that alone doesn't make a good scare experience. The other people in the group - new to mazes - took a LOT of convincing to do the other three mazes after that.

It shouldn't return - next year, they need four new mazes to replace the whole lot but if the budget only stretches to three, keep AVMT.
As much as I really love AVMT, I find it a bit sad that, a few years ago, AVMT was the worst maze of the selection… The fact that it is now generally considered one of the best mazes at AT just shows how lacklustre the rest of the mazes are!

I will admit though - on my most recent run through AVMT (last year), the improvements made were pretty good. I do really like the maze.

From the past, AT clearly know how to make a good maze. I just wish they would have a look back at the successes of the past and use those experiences to develop and improve the future.

As much as I really love AVMT, I find it a bit sad that, a few years ago, AVMT was the worst maze of the selection…
It's all very subjective, but since its inception in 2016, I'd have it easily top two, and probably first, out of the mazes during that period. Sub Species would be the other.

I think it has always been highly regarded on these forums too.

Sounds pretty horrendous on park today. The queues for all major coasters are massive.

Would like to know how busy the mazes are. Are people just avoiding them and doing the rides instead?
It took us 3 hours last night to do all 4 'mazes' from the 5:15 slot. Which was quite funny when they say you've got an hour to do them all... (And we did do them back to back apart from a toilet stop)