• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

Just whilst I think about it, I said Iā€™d do a bit more detailed on my visit last week. Managed The Smiler x3, Oblivion x3, Spinjam x3, Spinball Whizzer, Hex, Gangsta Granny, The Royal Carousel, Flavioā€™s x2, Rita x3, Thirteen x3, Roller Disco x3, Wicker Man x2, Heave Ho, Marauderā€™s Mayhem, RMT, CRR, The Blade, Galactica, Nemesis. Night rides included Rita, Thirteen, Roller Disco, Oblivion, The Smiler, Spinjam, Flavioā€™s.

My family missed Duel, so that will be welcome back for them in its new form. Didnā€™t do mazes this time, they probably had 10 minute waits at max. More park wide theming is needed, as itā€™s very bland apart from Towers Street. The park wide lighting was pretty good however, Wicker Man looks particularly good and the Retro Squad obviously look pretty good at night.

Overall, Iā€™d love to see a maze refresh next year to even make me consider paying for them again, and scare zones are needed. Do something like Scary Tales again which feels like a mini maze but acts as a zone.

Though I've never done Scarefest or any Halloween event at any park, I have to say from recent videos of the park that I have been impressed of how the lighting around Dark Forest is looking even though you'll say Wicker Man and Nemesis look better in the dark.

Reason I'm saying is that in general I'm not a fan of Dark Forest though it in the dark with some added lighting makes a difference IMO.

Though I've never done Scarefest or any Halloween event at any park, I have to say from recent videos of the park that I have been impressed of how the lighting around Dark Forest is looking even though you'll say Wicker Man and Nemesis look better in the dark.

Reason I'm saying is that in general I'm not a fan of Dark Forest though it in the dark with some added lighting makes a difference IMO.
Minus the annoying flood lights that basically engulf rita

TBH, they are there for CCTV purposes to allow better viewing which honestly can't be blamed for that. Still, would be nice if DF was given more green lighting.
Yeah I know yet its really bright, maybe we could trade them for green !

Just done Trick o Treat Town, it was really really good. Plenty of actors who were all playing their parts well, fun effects with just the right amount of scares.

Ā£9.80 (with pass discount) for an adult and child feels inline with the other scarefest attractions.

Sweets seem like an added bonus rather than the point of the attraction, today we got 8 mini bags and 9 maoam bars per bag which for the age group is more than enough sweets.

Thatā€™s good to hear, weā€™re booked in for TOTT on Monday, iā€™m looking forward to it. Sounds like you got a decent amount of sweets too.

Interesting that the passholder price has gone up by 80p, I paid Ā£9 for my tickets.

Just done Trick o Treat Town, it was really really good. Plenty of actors who were all playing their parts well, fun effects with just the right amount of scares.

Ā£9.80 (with pass discount) for an adult and child feels inline with the other scarefest attractions.

Sweets seem like an added bonus rather than the point of the attraction, today we got 8 mini bags and 9 maoam bars per bag which for the age group is more than enough sweets.
I thought it was good too, loads of interactions and even the reaction of some of my group (all grown adults) caused a couple actors to come out of character while they composed themselves too!

And I agree re the sweets, you're not just paying for the sweets, you're paying for the experience of receiving the sweets (and tricks too) and everything else the experience of the maze offers too. I also got a similar number of sweets; even after verbal abuse from one of the actors "should old people with grey hair get sweets?" was her line to the rest of my group! Cheek - I'm only 48. I blame the lighting in there.
Thatā€™s good to hear, weā€™re booked in for TOTT on Monday, iā€™m looking forward to it. Sounds like you got a decent amount of sweets too.

Interesting that the passholder price has gone up by 80p, I paid Ā£9 for my tickets.
The maze is Ā£12 so 20% off is Ā£9.60.

Confusingly towers have created two mazes which abbreviate to TOTT - Trick or Treat Town & Terror of the Towers. ToTTown is Ā£12 (MAP Ā£9.60) whilst TotTowers is Ā£9 (MAP Ā£7.20)

I definitely paid Ā£9 each for Trick o Treat Town. Must have got lucky and booked before they changed it! I know originally there was no discount for pass holders, I booked shortly after the discount was announced. Small victories.

4656C8B8-36E7-4B05-A403-308EA1D5E41F.jpeg

We've been at the park today and had a really good day even though it was very very busy.
We didn't do the mazes as my lad isn't old enough but one thing we noticed is hardly anyone else was doing them either. Every time we passed the lines nobody was walking down any of them. Could just be coincidence and we missed the rush for them but I don't think we did.

Meanwhile the ride queues were ridiculous. Smiler queue took us 1hr 50mins because of a short delay to add train 4 on mid afternoon. That coaster is definitely not worth nearly two hours either but my lad wanted to get his first ride on it and he enjoyed it so that made me happy.

Ride Count:

Nemmy X 2
Galactica X 1
Funk n Fly X 1
Gangster Granny X 1
Hex X 1
Thirteen X 1
Rapids X 1
Smiler X 1
Wickerman X 1 (night ride)

Sadly no time for Blivvy today which was my only regret.

It was rather wet and rather busy today and we didn't get as much done as I was hoping. I still enjoyed it and actually enjoyed the Darkest Depths, my first ever maze. The set was beautiful and the actors were great!

When it comes to rides it was just Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train, Rapids, Hex, Smiler (night) and Wickerman (night).

We didn't want to rush about chasing rides so spent more time than usual having a coffee or a beer and browsing the merch, mainly to take a break from the rain and the 80+ minute queues but ended up running out of time. This wasn't helped by the Smiler breaking down (due to someone pulling up the restraints themselves when the ride finished) as I had reached 3rd in the single rider queue and I waited nearly an hour for them to fix it (not worth it in my opinion!)

Also how do we feel about families and groups of friends using the single rider queue? I was so happy to have it back so I could get a quick ride on it and my boyfriend wouldn't have to wait so long (he's a hard no for it) but felt a bit hard done by that I seemed to be one of the only people there actually on my own. I suppose there's nothing stopping people doing it if they are happy they will be split up, but there was even a couple who got put on together! I remember in the past single rider queues basically got you on almost straight away, but today it would have been about 20 mins (if it hadn't broken down)

Itā€™s fine for groups to use the single rider line as long as they understand the purpose of it and donā€™t expect to be able to ride together. Itā€™s never a guarantee that SRQ will be quicker than the stand by line, it exists to fill the gaps on trains rather than acting as fast track for single riders. Iā€™ve waited nearly an hour in it before, still less time than the advertised queue time for stand by, just the way it goes sometimes.

Iā€™m curious as to how someone managed to lift the restraint themselves šŸ˜…

Last edited:
Also how do we feel about families and groups of friends using the single rider queue? I was so happy to have it back so I could get a quick ride on it and my boyfriend wouldn't have to wait so long (he's a hard no for it) but felt a bit hard done by that I seemed to be one of the only people there actually on my own. I suppose there's nothing stopping people doing it if they are happy they will be split up, but there was even a couple who got put on together! I remember in the past single rider queues basically got you on almost straight away, but today it would have been about 20 mins (if it hadn't broken down)
I've been using it for the last couple of years and it's fine. No issues with groups using it (I queue with my daughter) and like @BigShadowtinytree said as long as the groups understand they'll be split up and don't kick off when they are. We joined SRQ last Saturday at about 8pm and by the time it was our turn, they were occasionally letting 3 or 4 people from SRQ fill a row. By this time it was about 8.45 with the SRQ at the top of the stairs so I'm wondering if they were just trying to get it empty by 9pm.