• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

I would love to see scare zones return for the anniversary. My first Scarefest was 2019, so I haven't experienced any yet.

I would love to see scare zones return for the anniversary. My first Scarefest was 2019, so I haven't experienced any yet.
The best scare zones for me were Zombies and Scary Tales - you had to wait in a short queue as opposed to walking through but I thought they worked better than the likes of Freak Show, Nox Infernus and Dark Apocalypse

I would point out that N:ST has had the building worked on, with fences and the like added, and it appears that it may be for Scarefest, Presumably as a maze site.

If only one maze has to go, I personally hope that it's TJ and not AVMT. Though, this is only because I'm going to my first scarefest this year. AVMT just seems to be a much stronger maze than TJ. I haven't experienced AVMT over years and years like others, so it wouldn't feel stale to me. This is purely personal preference though, and I totally understand if it gets removed. I'll just personally be disappointed if a maze slot is taken up by something that looks weak and not scary to me.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Saw a post the other day (might've been a TowersStreet post actually) that the finale of The Attic is still set up - you could see it through a door. I assume that it's now down to Freak Show and AMT for which isn't returning. I know AMT has been here since 2016, but last year was the best it's ever been and Toxic Junkyard is really, really subpar in my opinion so I really hope that's the one going. Noticed Thorpe have started teasing Fright Nights as well, so I wonder how far we are from a Scarefest lineup reveal? It's usually in August I believe.

I've noticed something... Both Towers and Thorpe are teasing "a brand new scare experience", could they be linked somehow? 👀

Screenshot_20220809-013914-639.png

Screenshot_20220809-013825-212.png

Could it be a return of the Ultimate Sleepover, or some sort of overnight experience?

They won't be linked, they are both advertising a new scare experience because they both have new mazes. It literally will be that simple. Thorpe looks as if it's something to do with Locke and Key, but I have no idea what's coming for Scarefest.

They won't be linked, they are both advertising a new scare experience because they both have new mazes. It literally will be that simple. Thorpe looks as if it's something to do with Locke and Key, but I have no idea what's coming for Scarefest.
If it was simply a maze, though; wouldn’t they just say “new scare maze”? I find the use of the term “scare experience” interesting myself.

If it was simply a maze, though; wouldn’t they just say “new scare maze”? I find the use of the term “scare experience” interesting myself.
It is very likely to be a maze, as they say there are "three returning favourites" and a new one, this implies one existing maze is being mothballed, and replaced by a new one. Sometimes a word is just a word and doesn't need overanalysing.

My assumption is that this is Merlin's corporate language bleeding through to their marketing. If the scare mazes are referred to as scare experiences in board room reports, etc., there's an increased chance that this language will naturally migrate into other operational aspects of the business.

It wouldn't be the first time we've seen this at the Towers, and would explain the similar language appearing at Thorpe.

My assumption is that this is Merlin's corporate language bleeding through to their marketing. If the scare mazes are referred to as scare experiences in board room reports, etc., there's an increased chance that this language will naturally migrate into other operational aspects of the business.

It wouldn't be the first time we've seen this at the Towers, and would explain the similar language appearing at Thorpe.

In Thorpe’s case it’s a little different. They’re advertising 3 mazes and a scare experience. We know Platform isn’t returning based on what was advertised last year, we know Trailers is (given it’s been confirmed), and it’s highly likely Creek Freak will too given the planning update earlier in the year to retain the Creek Freak building for this Halloween. That gives us a new maze (in theory) to make it 3, plus a new ‘experience’.

I think the case with Towers is exactly what you’ve mentioned though. From a marketing POV, ‘scare experience’ probably resonates more than ‘scare maze’ to most customers and leads.

Exactly one year ago today, Towers announced the maze lineup for last year's event. So in theory this year's lineup should be announced any day now. 🤞

Edit: I've heard that the lineup may not be announced till September 😳

Last edited:
Exactly one year ago today, Towers announced the maze lineup for last year's event. So in theory this year's lineup should be announced any day now.

Edit: I've heard that the lineup may not be announced till September
Whaaaat :( Where did you hear?

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

Where's your source for the Lineup Announcement?

Is it in that super reliable public discord server you quoted about the incident on the rapids that definitely happened.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and just wanted to join in the speculation for this years Scarefest! I started going in 2019 and have gone every year since (Except 2020 for obvious reasons!). I am actually the person who originally did the opinion poll that started discussion on this years Scarefest! Now onto the speculation: They announced yesterday that they will be announcing the line up soon with "Three returning favourites" and a whole new "scare experiance. I am hoping that the three returning favourites are actually past mazes however I think that may be too costly to do. I think it will be returning mazes from last year (Which is a huge shame). The wording of "Scare experiance" does seem different to the usual adverting of new mazes so I do believe that it may be something different, perhaps along the line of Operation lockdown or simply a much more intense maze such as sub species but all we can do now is wait...!