• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2022

Alton towers on Twitter have just announced trick or treat does not have map discount, I'm still going to do it because I haven't done it before but £12 is quite pricey without map discount.
They just can't help changing their mind on this attraction apparently 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923-160424~2.png
    Screenshot_20220923-160424~2.png
    671.6 KB · Views: 66
What a sad state this years Scarefest is. Even worse when you consider it’s the 15th year anniversary, and all we’ve got is a new attraction where you get to sit blindfolded with some (probably eventually faulty) headphones on and listen to a story while having your legs grabbed and hands brushed by a worker.

And 3 mazes returning (again) with most likely no new scenes or storyline.

This was the perfect year for a big refresh but it seems they just want to squeeze as much profit out as they can on a limited budget before actually bringing any changes

Yes Matt. They put in a planning application in 2020 outlining where all of the mazes were going to be left and how that would also allow for some sort of heritage trail beside it. The planning application went dead since Covid but if you look at the application on the Staffs Moorlands planning site it will show you the plans of where they wanted to leave at least 3 mazes pretty much fully set up all year round. I believe there are at least 2 fully set up currently (which is why most of the Towers have been shut off for several years). I think they may have jacked the other maze in this year for whatever reason. Incidentally, you'll probably find that this is why they stick with some of the same old mazes every year. Less work when you just leave them set up until the next year...

Sorted my Scarefest tickets today, will book The Invitation tickets when they're available in the app. Does anyone know how far in advance towers usually add individual maze tickets to the app?

I came home from work earlier and my daughter was watching a family oriented Halloween movie. I immediately got in the mood (I like sunny October days and my birthday is mid October) and thought that I can't wait for Scarefest. Then I remembered it was going to be the same boring event as last year and my fire was quickly urinated on.

I wonder what the % of guests that only go once a year really only go to scarefest as they open to 9pm and to ride the rides in the dark?

Apparently AT have found in the past from surverys that rides in the dark is one of the most popular aspects of Scarefest.

Whereas with fireworks I expect the majority are there to see the fireworks as so many people leave following the show.

Looks like the new maze is not going to be a maze:

So we have three pre-existing mazes, and one experience where you are in the dark listening to some spooky stuff. How creative.

Oh, I thought we already knew this?

It had been mentioned that Darkfield (https://www.darkfield.org) were supplying it along with Thorpes version.
I believe they previously presented Seance at Warwick Castle. Their shows link even mentions something about "Theme Parks" coming soon.

Seance comes built into a shipping container which is just dropped into the locaton fully ready to go, since construction has not started yet I would guess the same with these.